Is anyone havaing a problem using this application on the 9800?
    No problems here with my 9800

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-10 07:13 PM
    Has anyone tried any stations from Cuba? after a selection it won't even buffer..stops right away...no biggie, just curious......every other station I have tried has worked flawlessly......
    12-02-10 07:37 PM
    Hey Alex, I just noticed that volume difference between whole numbers and X5 numbers is indistinguishable. In other words 25 is the same as 30, 35 is the same as 40, etc. The volume only changes from 30 to 35, 40 to 45, etc. This is under OS .1015. Do you understand what I'm trying to describe?

12-03-10 11:24 PM
    Great App. Can i get it to my play a .pls file that i have saved on my blackberry from a internet radio station not listed?
    12-04-10 01:54 AM
    Hey Alex, I just noticed that volume difference between whole numbers and X5 numbers is indistinguishable. In other words 25 is the same as 30, 35 is the same as 40, etc. The volume only changes from 30 to 35, 40 to 45, etc. This is under OS .1015. Do you understand what I'm trying to describe?
    Good catch! It was easy enough for me to notice that anything below 5% means complete silence so I assumed it has 5% resolution for volume control. I played with it more now and it appears it's actually 10% so I will use that in the next version. Thanks!
    12-04-10 04:13 AM
    Great App. Can i get it to my play a .pls file that i have saved on my blackberry from a internet radio station not listed?
    You can add custom URL to presets using web interface at radiotime.com (you'll have to create a free account and link it to your BB).
    12-04-10 04:16 AM
    Hi Alex,
    I updated to 105 and on podcasts the timeline and scroll bar are gone now and the pause is not pausing it stops and you have to start from the beginning. I went back to 104
    GREAT APP
    Thank you
    12-04-10 07:02 AM
    Good catch! It was easy enough for me to notice that anything below 5% means complete silence so I assumed it has 5% resolution for volume control. I played with it more now and it appears it's actually 10% so I will use that in the next version. Thanks!
    One thing to keep in mind though. I noticed that your app doesn't keep its own independant volume level separate from the BB Media Player app, which is great, so don't change that. However, just make sure that when you do change whatever you do to fix the volume control issue, your volume doesn't go above what the Media Player one is... i.e. TuneIn's 30% level should be the same level as Media Player's 30% and so on.

The weird thing is that the Media Player has volume increments of 5% and are noticible at each level, but yours isn't. Are you sure it's not just some small glitch in your code? What I mean is, when you fix it, will it still increment by 5% on each click or are you going to rewrite it for 10% jumps? It would be good to keep it matched up with the Media Player level controls... ya know. Anyway, thanks for looking into this.
    12-04-10 07:23 AM
    The weird thing is that the Media Player has volume increments of 5% and are noticible at each level, but yours isn't.
    Are you sure about that? I just tried it and on both 9000 and 9550 the standard Media Player has 10 steps between silence and full volume, which means it has an increment of 10%.

On Blackberry each app volume is controlled independently and there is no way for TuneIn to know what is the current volume level of Media Player so any cases when they are the same are coincidences.
    12-04-10 10:09 AM
    Hi Alex,
    I updated to 105 and on podcasts the timeline and scroll bar are gone now and the pause is not pausing it stops and you have to start from the beginning. I went back to 104
    GREAT APP
    Thank you
    Hmm... I don't think I ever published build 105. Did you hack into my machine? :-) I suppose you meant 103 vs 104. Build 104 was not good -- I tried a workaround to fix BBC playback on 8330 (the issue reported by @sysut1) but it didn't work so I've rolled that back. Still what you noticed is weird -- nothing changed in podcasts code.
    12-04-10 10:42 AM
    lol, i went to the download site and it had 105
    12-04-10 10:56 AM
    it is version 1.5 beta build 104..just dl now
    12-04-10 11:57 AM
    I got 104 also
    12-04-10 01:34 PM
    I just uploaded 1.5 build 105.

- Improved reliability (or I think so)
    - Fixed some stations not playing (all 101.ru stations, Kiss FM Berlin)
    - 10% step when adjusting volume
    - Option to play via handset
    - Correct default settings for Style and Bold 9780
    - Fixed built-in APN configuration for AT&T
    hyperdub likes this.
    12-04-10 03:21 PM
    Guess I'm downloading AGAIN! Lol

12-04-10 05:17 PM
    Where is the new build? Would like to see if the 10% volume adjustmen aleviates a random issue I've experianced, but can't easily recreate. When I change the volume fast (going from 90% it would freeze around 45%) my 9650 froze up on me twice. Just kept playing unresponsive though, till I pulled the battery.

12-04-10 06:21 PM
    I just uploaded 1.5 build 105.

- Improved reliability (or I think so)
    - Fixed some stations not playing (all 101.ru stations, Kiss FM Berlin)
    - 10% step when adjusting volume
    - Option to play via handset
    - Correct default settings for Style and Bold 9780
    - Fixed built-in APN configuration for AT&T
    I also have 1.4. But the "Check for updates now"
    is telling me "Your version of TuneIn Radio is current"

Went though the web link and downloading 1.5 now
    Last edited by bklyneddie; 12-04-10 at 06:27 PM.
    12-04-10 06:24 PM
    Alex thank you!! I have passed on this great app to 3 of my buds @ work!
    12-04-10 06:58 PM
    Where is the new build? Would like to see if the 10% volume adjustmen aleviates a random issue I've experianced, but can't easily recreate. When I change the volume fast (going from 90% it would freeze around 45%) my 9650 froze up on me twice. Just kept playing unresponsive though, till I pulled the battery.
    TuneIn Radio for Blackberry beta download

Thanks for mentioning the volume issue -- I'll look if I can reproduce
    12-04-10 07:05 PM
    Are you sure about that? I just tried it and on both 9000 and 9550 the standard Media Player has 10 steps between silence and full volume, which means it has an increment of 10%.

On Blackberry each app volume is controlled independently and there is no way for TuneIn to know what is the current volume level of Media Player so any cases when they are the same are coincidences.
    You're right. It was late when I was testing this last night. I had actually left your app open but not playing in the background and when I was in the Media Player adjusting the volume your app's volume level indicator graphic was force drawing on the screen instead of the default BB one. You might want to consider something to fix that. It's nasty when they're both fighting to display.

I told you it was a bad idea to display the volume graphic outside of the app.... finally stumbled on a reason for that.

12-04-10 11:37 PM
    One more issue. Why do you have the initial volume on a fresh install set to 65%? That is seriously loud if you don't expect it with isolating earbuds. Add to that the nasty speaker pop that .1015 has and it's like getting shot in the ear with a gun. Lol

Lower that install volume to 20% please.

12-04-10 11:46 PM
    I told you it was a bad idea to display the volume graphic outside of the app.... finally stumbled on a reason for that.
    I personally like this feature as I am often listening to TuneIn while surfing the web or reading.
    12-05-10 06:46 AM
    TuneIn Radio for Blackberry beta download

Thanks for mentioning the volume issue -- I'll look if I can reproduce
    Thanks for the link. I'll see if I can recreate as well, I've been to swamped to even try lattely. And it just happened to me on Friday, and I've only been using TuneIn since about Tuesday. Btw, TuneIn is far superior to anything else!

12-05-10 09:39 AM
    Works great, no freezing when rapidly changing the volume. Don't know if it was just a fluke, but I can't break it no matter how hard try on this build.
    12-05-10 06:29 PM
    I personally like this feature as I am often listening to TuneIn while surfing the web or reading.
    Oh, I agree that the ability to change the volume should be available outside of the app. The issue is not at all with that, the issue is with the volume graphic showing up outside of the app. It's good because that's the way the stock Media Player does it, but the graphic is different then the stock one and that sometimes causes issues if you have both apps running becase it overlaps the graphics and conflicts which one is which and because you cannot tell which one you're controlling. Maybe it's something Alex can fix. I would be good with changing the graphic to match that of the OEM volume controls, but I don't know if that's a possibility or even an easy one. Alex should be able to tell us that.

Either way, this app is AWESOME regardless of the little glitches. I'm simply trying to help Alex optimize it as best as possible and fix any bug that's found. That will help insure that user of this app will be happy with it in the end.
    12-05-10 09:17 PM
1,007 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD