And the benefit of streaming that I continue to love is getting AM stations in stereo (thanks to the raw streams prior to the amplitude modulation).......

nice......
    11-09-10 01:14 PM
    wow nice will try the bluetooth output tonight, great addition, all tho os6 batt drain is faster than os5 might be able to listen to the habs game still
    11-09-10 01:24 PM
    Is there a way to search for songs being played on radio stations? Not sure how it could be done without taking centuries to search and load results, by the time said song might have ended.

I don't know which radio app had this feature where you could view what is being played, program, and song not just program in this case. But there wasn't a search feature, simply showing the playlist whilst browsing through stations.
    11-09-10 04:23 PM
    Is there a way to search for songs being played on radio stations? Not sure how it could be done without taking centuries to search and load results, by the time said song might have ended.

I don't know which radio app had this feature where you could view what is being played, program, and song not just program in this case. But there wasn't a search feature, simply showing the playlist whilst browsing through stations.
    TuneIn includes real-time song matches in the search results. It's not perfect (because the tech is non-trivial and requires huge resources) but it'll improve as back-end improves and gets new servers for faster indexing. The app will also show song & artist into on now playing screen if it is transmitted by the station embedded in the stream data. Most of Music > Internet-only stations have it.
    11-09-10 04:29 PM
    Why does an ACC stream kill the battery quicker then an MP3 one? For example, an 80k ACC kills the battery just as quick as a 192k MP3 does. If I stream lower quality MP3 it seems like I can have longer battery life. The back of the phone also gets hitter with ACC streams as well. Is the chipset forced to do more work to decode those or something?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-10 12:54 AM
    Why does an ACC stream kill the battery quicker then an MP3 one? For example, an 80k ACC kills the battery just as quick as a 192k MP3 does. If I stream lower quality MP3 it seems like I can have longer battery life. The back of the phone also gets hitter with ACC streams as well. Is the chipset forced to do more work to decode those or something?
    Generally AAC decoding is more complex than MP3 (but AAC compression is more efficient). Similarly higher bitrate streams typically require more power than low bitrate ones. Both are implemented in hardware on BB so generally battery life of TuneIn here will be better than say on iPhone or Android where software decoders are used.
    11-10-10 04:39 AM
    audio output is great, thks for that, is it possible to have that option in all the menus instead of just where you have the playing chan? cause when you exit and go back in i have to go till the playing chan to switch it back to speaker.

anyways no big deal, im loving this app
    11-10-10 09:11 AM
    As far as I know I'm running the most up-to-date version of the software for the Tour that VZW has released (v5.0.0.975, Bundle 1600 , Platform 4.2.0.424). .....

Since you've added a bunch of features I've been able to find out that it seems my problem is that most of my local stations are streaming in Windows Media, which doesn't seem to play well with my Tour. The stations will buffer up to 100% for about a minute or so, and then I'll get "Stream error," "Media unloaded while initializing," "Empty or invalid playlist," or in one case "Server sent error code -107."
    .......!

I have the same issue. I have a Storm 2, and when I had a hybrid v5.0.0.608, I was able to stream my two favorite local stations (Windows Media) with no problem. Monday, I updated to the latest leaked Storm 2 version v5.0.0.1015, and the streams buffer to 100%, but they won't play.

Anybody know if I can just re-install the media player files and get this build (which otherwise is working fabulously) to play these Windows Media streams using Tune In?

Also Alex, this is a GREAT program! I previously used WunderRadio on my Bold, but the stations I love wouldn't play on my Storm 2. I was SOOOOO thrilled to find out they would actually play on Tune In!

Is it possible that you could send me a link to v1.1 to see if it will still play on this build? I was quite satisfied with that feature set, and I would be happy to report my findings.

Thanks
    Last edited by jgreenacres; 11-10-10 at 10:33 AM.
    11-10-10 10:22 AM
    1.4 working great on my bold, stations load much faster.
    I'm not seeing the change audio output though, not a big deal for me.

I just installed TuneIn on my neighbors Evo yesterday, I like the dark background and lighter text in that version....and that's its about the only Android app I've found with a clear way to close the app.

11-10-10 11:48 AM
    Is it possible that you could send me a link to v1.1 to see if it will still play on this build? I was quite satisfied with that feature set, and I would be happy to report my findings.
    Here is ver 1.1 for OS 5.0+ http://d11im0xz45jykv.cloudfront.net...5.0/TuneIn.jad
    11-10-10 04:36 PM
    Alex, do you think you could nix the Exit TuneIn Radio off the menu and just out a Close all the way at the bottom to match most other app menus. Right now it's somewhat annoying trying to quickly hit the right option in the middle of the menu to exit. A Close option is always the last one at the bottom for almost all apps out there. It's easy to hit Menu/Close since the buttons would be in close proximity and it would be second nature rather then searching for Exit all the time.

11-10-10 09:04 PM
    Had a shocking time with 1.4 today. I already emailed the log. It wasn't connecting/buffering/froze/slow/etc. That wasn't on wifi btw.

Anyway, just a minute ago, I was listening to a podcast and during that I decided to use the built in memory cleaner in OS5 as I felt the phone is getting a bit laggy. As soon as I did the clean, the podcast stopped, it seems to stop every time you do that. When I went back to resume it, I couldn't because it wasn't paused, but rather stopped, and there seems to be no forward/seek option for podcasts. Can anything be done regarding that? Its most frustrating to have to sit through half an hour or so, to get back to were you left of.

11-10-10 11:49 PM
    Alex, do you think you could nix the Exit TuneIn Radio off the menu and just out a Close all the way at the bottom to match most other app menus. Right now it's somewhat annoying trying to quickly hit the right option in the middle of the menu to exit. A Close option is always the last one at the bottom for almost all apps out there. It's easy to hit Menu/Close since the buttons would be in close proximity and it would be second nature rather then searching for Exit all the time.
    Why don't you set Close action to Always exit in the settings? I assume that will do exactly what you need. I think I could hide "Exit" option from the menu in such case so there will be no duplicate items.
    11-11-10 12:42 AM
    Why don't you set Close action to Always exit in the settings? I assume that will do exactly what you need. I think I could hide "Exit" option from the menu in such case so there will be no duplicate items.
    Hmm... I just looked again and figured my comment doesn't make much sense In fact I don't have a separate Close option in menu -- only Exit and I add it as the last item in the list. All other items below it are added by the system (only on 5.0). Are you saying you would prefer to have Close option below system items like "Switch Application"?
    11-11-10 01:04 AM
    Had a shocking time with 1.4 today. I already emailed the log. It wasn't connecting/buffering/froze/slow/etc. That wasn't on wifi btw.

Anyway, just a minute ago, I was listening to a podcast and during that I decided to use the built in memory cleaner in OS5 as I felt the phone is getting a bit laggy. As soon as I did the clean, the podcast stopped, it seems to stop every time you do that. When I went back to resume it, I couldn't because it wasn't paused, but rather stopped, and there seems to be no forward/seek option for podcasts. Can anything be done regarding that? Its most frustrating to have to sit through half an hour or so, to get back to were you left of.
    Where is that clean memory option in 5.0? Do the same podcast normally pauses for you? Some feeds don't support that. I'm working on implementing the seek bar for podcasts.
    11-11-10 01:12 AM
    I downloaded this yesterday and I have to say, WOW! This is by far the best radio app (for real radio) Nobex is shi* in comparison! Keep up the good work and if you decide to charge don't overcharge like Nobex and I'll definitely be buying 3 copies! Good work again! Thanks!

11-11-10 02:21 AM
    Where is that clean memory option in 5.0? Do the same podcast normally pauses for you? Some feeds don't support that. I'm working on implementing the seek bar for podcasts.
    Options - security options - advanced security options - memory cleaning
    Podcast doesn't normally stop if I don't use memory cleaner.

Last edited by hibanzai; 11-11-10 at 11:13 AM.
    11-11-10 06:09 AM
    Here is ver 1.1 for OS 5.0+ http: // d11im0xz45jykv.cloudfront.net /blackberry/1.1/5.0/TuneIn.jad

Thanks for the download. It didn't work on my leaked version. I enjoy Tune In so much that I downgraded my Storm 2 OS back to my .608 version. Having my stations available to me at all times was just too important!

And, as expected, Tune In 1.4 works on this downgraded OS as well! Thanks again!
    11-11-10 10:16 AM
    I found my glenn beck on another station that suits my needs and now I can safely ditch iheartradio! Stupid app always froze on me

Thank you alex for tunein!!!!!!

11-11-10 05:06 PM
    Attention podcasts listeners, here is the good news for you. The newest beta (v 1.4 build 103) TuneIn Radio for Blackberry beta download adds much anticipated seek bar to podcasts. Here are the complete release notes:

• Seek bar for podcasts
    • Fixed logo display for podcasts (incorrectly sized image was used previously)
    • Fixed menu not working while the stream buffers (bug was only present in build 102)
    • Moved "Exit" menu item to show at the bottom of menu

I tested seek function with trackball on 9000 and touch screen on Storm2. With trackball I get ~30 sec positioning accuracy on 3 hours podcast, which seems good enough to me. It uses dynamic positioning step to accomplish that and different vertical vs horizontal sensitivity. To change position quickly you should scroll in Up-Down direction, while for accurate positioning use Left-Right. It works well on 9000 but I'm wondering if it's comfortable using trackpad.

With touch screen the accuracy is not as good -- for some reason the system only reports touch events only every 10 pixels or so. Please report any issues and share your suggestions. I don't plan more features for 1.4 release so unless we find anything funny in this build it'll go live for all on Monday.

Thanks a lot!
    11-11-10 08:01 PM
    would it be possible to have the user define the stop playback other than 10% batt?

like a selector 10%, 20% 30% 40% .......

would be nice,so i woudnt have to check if i have enough batt to finish my working shift if i have to make a call
    11-11-10 09:47 PM
    Alex thank you for the update! Love the seek bar!

Anyway to get to keep the volume visible while adjusting when the stream is buffering? Thanks man!
    11-11-10 10:22 PM
    Hmm... I just looked again and figured my comment doesn't make much sense In fact I don't have a separate Close option in menu -- only Exit and I add it as the last item in the list. All other items below it are added by the system (only on 5.0). Are you saying you would prefer to have Close option below system items like "Switch Application"?
    That's what I meant. Rename Exit TuneIn Radio menu option to just Close and put it last on the list.

Also, I don't want to set the option in the settings because I want the app to go to the background when I hit End key rather exit. It's standard practice that End key doesn't close apps on BB but rather puts them in the background kind of like a minimize. Normally you either need to keep hitting Back button to back out of apps completely or simply hit Menu/Close to close the app.

This is why I think the Exit option on the menu should just say Close and be the last on the menu. Pretty much all BB apps are like this and it's clean looking and consistent.

11-11-10 10:32 PM
    This app just gets better and better. Been playing with the new build for a couple of hours with no problems. Love the new seek bar on podcasts. Very helpful. Great job Alex.

11-12-10 07:26 AM
    No issues here either on latest build of 1.4, just clean, smooth, fast listening pleasure! thank you so much.
    11-12-10 08:10 AM
1,007 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD