Surprised at just how many stations their were on this and how easily accesible it is, I'd deffo reccomend it
    10-27-10 09:55 AM
    When in my home on WiFi/UMA there is no stopping this app! Simply the best!

I just cannot get it to work while out and about on 3G. Invalid response with a gray reload screen bar. My APN settings are correct at epc.tmobile.com. I sent a feedback email from the same user name here in these forums with your debug log and the "severe error" entry from the event log.

TIA
    Brad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Do you have the connection set to "Automatic" ?
    10-27-10 09:55 AM
    Do you have the connection set to "Automatic" ?
    Yes Is that the wrong setting, or do I have to go into the app and change the settings every time I'm away from WiFI? I don't think I should have to do that.

EDIT:I just tried "cellular only", and got the same results.
    TIA

Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 10-27-10 at 11:10 AM.
    10-27-10 11:08 AM
    Yes Is that the wrong setting, or do I have to go into the app and change the settings every time I'm away from WiFI?
    TIA

no, you should leave it on Automatic. I switch back and forth all the time between wifi and 3G coverage and this update works great everywhere.

EDIT: just a suggestion, when I first installed version 1.0, I was having a lot of streaming issues, so I uninstalled and did a battery pull, then re-installed it and it worked fine. maybe try that?
    10-27-10 11:10 AM
    one would think automatic would be the correct setting
    10-27-10 11:11 AM
    no, you should leave it on Automatic. I switch back and forth all the time between wifi and 3G coverage and this update works great everywhere.

EDIT: just a suggestion, when I first installed version 1.0, I was having a lot of streaming issues, so I uninstalled and did a battery pull, then re-installed it and it worked fine. maybe try that?
    Already done. No dice.

10-27-10 11:18 AM
    one would think automatic would be the correct setting
    Exactly what I thought myself. I thought that if such a question was asked, I may have missed something here in the thread. And, I read every page. Lol.

10-27-10 11:20 AM
    version 1.0 - stations only play for 5-7 seconds then buffer. Doesn't matter what station I try to play or what settings I change.
    Version 1.1 - Installed over v.1.0, installation went fine but app wont run. I removed v1.0 and rebooted the phone. Clean download and install of v.1.1 and same issue, installs fine but doesn't run.
    Program looks really sharp and has nice features, will keep my eye on this one and hope it works for me at some point.
    Could you please pull an event log from the device (after it fails to start) and send it to me at [email protected]? To get the log press LGLG while holding Alt on your home screen. Thanks
    10-27-10 11:47 AM
    Exactly what I thought myself. I thought that if such a question was asked, I may have missed something here in the thread. And, I read every page. Lol.

I asked you that only because I have sometimes overlooked the obvious, I hope that you weren't offended.
    10-27-10 12:20 PM
    I asked you that only because I have sometimes overlooked the obvious, I hope that you weren't offended.
    Not offended at all! Your reasoning is exactly what I mentioned. I thought I may have missed something while reading through this thread, since I have seen it, but never looked through it until this went public. I thought maybe I overlooked a small post somewhere. I hope you did not take my comment as a slight against you. Help, and sharing are the main purposes of this forum.

I just hope my email has been looked at, and it can be corrected for me.
    ATB
    10-27-10 12:35 PM
    Could you please pull an event log from the device (after it fails to start) and send it to me at [email protected]? To get the log press LGLG while holding Alt on your home screen. Thanks
    Did you receive my event & debug log email? If so, what do you think?
    10-27-10 12:38 PM
    Not offended at all! Your reasoning is exactly what I mentioned. I thought I may have missed something while reading through this thread, since I have seen it, but never looked through it until this went public. I thought maybe I overlooked a small post somewhere. I hope you did not take my comment as a slight against you. Help, and sharing are the main purposes of this forum.

I just hope my email has been looked at, and it can be corrected for me.
    ATB
    Not at all, but I just like to make sure with people here, because this is like a home to me. Hope you get it fixed fast, it is an awesome app
    10-27-10 12:46 PM
    Did you receive my event & debug log email? If so, what do you think?
    I didn't receive it yet, if you could fwd to my gmail address I'll look right away. Thanks
    10-27-10 01:23 PM
    I didn't receive it yet, if you could fwd to my gmail address I'll look right away. Thanks
    I don't know why you're not receiving the email. It is showing as sent in my gmail. I have forwarded it again.

Thanks.
    Brad
    10-27-10 01:28 PM
    I don't know why you're not receiving the email. It is showing as sent in my gmail. I have forwarded it again.
    Turns out it landed in spam folder both times. Looking now
    10-27-10 01:30 PM
    Turns out it landed in spam folder both times. Looking now
    Ha Ha!!! Well, add me to your safe list now buddy cause I love this app!
    As I stated, it works wonderfully while on WiFi/UMA, so I know how great it is, just not 3G at the moment.
    10-27-10 01:35 PM
    Thanks so much!
    It was a simple setting... That damn compression!

The heat is on...
    Thanks,
    Brad
    10-27-10 01:53 PM
    Your log was probably so big that gmail saw it as probable spam!
    10-27-10 02:12 PM
    Thanks so much!
    It was a simple setting... That damn compression!
    Yeah, that was "Compress server responses". I don't know why but sometimes it causes Invalid response when using cellular network. I'm adding the code to turn off this is automatically if the app sees that error.
    10-27-10 02:14 PM
    Your log was probably so big that gmail saw it as probable spam!
    Ha Ha! Probably...
    From Big Al.............
    I'll also add the code to detect this condition and fix the setting automatically.

This is a weird problem, it only happens on 3G and only with some
    wireless providers. I've never seen it when testing personally but it
    was reported by other users so I had to add this option in Settings
    (originally it was supposed to be always active).
    Edit: I see he already posted the problem and solution... At least everyone can benefit from my issue.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 10-27-10 at 02:19 PM.
    10-27-10 02:17 PM
    Yeah, that was "Compress server responses". I don't know why but sometimes it causes Invalid response when using cellular network. I'm adding the code to turn off this is automatically if the app sees that error.
    Thank you. I was seeing this as well. I played with it on and off, but the results were inconsistent. I think you've nailed it though and I look forward to the next release.

On another note, would you be interested in including an option to reveal IP Address/Port of the internet station that is playing or listed?

Second, are there any plans to include more Last.FM playing options?

It's not a new feature, but I wanted to tell you I love the feature of seeing a little preview of the title of the current song that is playing on a station before I play it. It helps identify what kind of music the station plays.

Great job, Alex!
    Last edited by coffee-turtle; 10-27-10 at 03:13 PM.
    10-27-10 03:03 PM
    Thank you. I was seeing this as well. I played with it on and off, but the results were inconsistent. I think you've nailed it though and I look forward to the next release.
    Wow! Already I see someone can get it working better now... Lmao.
    I wanted to tell you I love the feature of seeing a little preview of the title of the current song that is playing on a station before I play it. It helps identify what kind of music the station plays.
    LoL. I just threw a hint to be able to Tweet the "now playing/station" as well.

I really like this app!
    10-27-10 03:14 PM
    Wow! Already I see someone can get it working better now... Lmao.

LoL. I just threw a hint to be able to Tweet the "now playing/station" as well.

I really like this app!
    You better believe it!
    10-27-10 03:18 PM
    So what are the bugs that still need to be ironed out? I'd like to verify them on my device. The app is working good with me. In some stations it plays for a few seconds then stops with an error (red exclamation mark on top right corner in a triangle).

Developer: when do you think a final version will be released to the public?
    10-27-10 08:23 PM
    I cannot pull the log as I have event log viewer uninstalled on my phone.

10-27-10 08:30 PM
1,007 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD