Would there be any way to enhance the player to allow one to input url's from other streams to personalize further?

I have some stations I stream that don't appear in the app....would love to have access to them (as opposed to using Yourmuze).
    If you use RadioTime account it allows you to add custom URLs to the presets through the web interface at radiotime.com.
    10-25-10 12:32 PM
    Will it always be free or is it a trial?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 02:10 PM
    Will it always be free or is it a trial?
    Here you go - only one page back he said this:

It's free and will be free. There will be ads probably (I tested them, then had to turn them off but they will likely return) and a different paid ads-free version with some extra cool features.
    10-25-10 04:31 PM
    Playing starts and stops every few seconds.
    I have a Blackberry 8330 on Verizon.
    10-25-10 10:26 PM
    Very good app. I love it because I found a couple of the PulsRadio channels on it. This app is way better then the others I've tried that try to do too much crap.

Keep up the good work and keep this app simple and clean. Don't bother with stream recording or other features like that as it'll just turn it into another BS app. Right now it's perfect! It's a streamer app and it doesn't need to do anything else. People who don't like that it just streams should use something else.

10-25-10 10:53 PM
    I`m not seeing how to add custom urls on the website, I found something that would rock on my BB, any help would greatly appreciated.

I seem to be having trouble with the Windows streams, they say they are buffering, go to play (but don`t) and after 15 seconds or so they say stream error, it`s just the wma streams and they all seem to be doing it.

Would it be a big deal to add scrolling or maybe a pop up with the full station name when searching?
    For instance, when I`m looking through AccuRadio, or GotRadio, the full station name is not visible without starting the station, it`s not a big deal, but if it were a simpe addition that would be nice.

I found the custom url in the presets...thanks
    Last edited by GrumpyOldMan2112; 10-26-10 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Found answer to my first question
    10-26-10 10:18 AM
    How about a way to move and or separate presets into catagories like genre, country, or state..... ?

10-26-10 01:13 PM
    If you use RadioTime account it allows you to add custom URLs to the presets through the web interface at radiotime.com.
    Ok. Thanks. Will check it out tonight (blocked here).
    10-26-10 01:14 PM
    To seperate stations into categories, go to RadioTime: Find and listen to Talk, Music and Local Radio Online and do so.

10-26-10 01:29 PM
    Update: Version 1.1 is public now and available from the main download link at Download TuneIn Radio for Blackberry.

Could you help me testing version 1.1 before it goes public?

The link is Download TuneIn Radio for Blackberry (extra "b" for beta).
    Not much changed on the surface.

Release notes:

- Includes a database of APN settings for nearly any wireless provider and will offer automatic configuration if cellular connection is not setup properly
    - Handles the case when WiFi is present but doesn't work -- will offer to switch to cellular
    - Type to search on the home screen
    - Show volume indicator when the volume is adjusted even if the app is in the background
    - Fixed multiple bugs in stream code preventing some stations from working (including New Flow 93.5 mentioned in this thread, Last.fm Discover (WWFS) and a few others)
    - (hopefully) Fixed occasional deadlock in "Starting.."/"Stopping..." state
    - Don't offer WiFi connection options if devices doesn't have WiFi
    - More verbose cellular data use warning
    - Fixed search would sometimes show results for previous entry (like you were entering "kera" and it shows results for "ker")
    - Fixed Error 401 on certain podcasts when trying to resume playback

Known issues:

- Windows Media streams on Strom2 are unstable -- often stop working and require battery pull to restore
    - Windows Media streams with bit-rate higher than 100k are playing with cracks on 9000. Apparently device media processor can't handle the decoding of these in real time.

Thanks!
    Last edited by alex.gavrilov; 10-28-10 at 12:11 AM. Reason: 1.1 is public
    10-26-10 03:40 PM
    I'll see if I run into any issue

10-26-10 03:42 PM
    Could you help me testing version 1.1 before it goes public?
    - Show volume indicator when the volume is adjusted even if the app is in the background
    I like this feature!
    10-26-10 03:48 PM
    awesome upgrade! i will be testing some more. off the bat, seems rock solid. love the search function!
    10-26-10 07:32 PM
    Playing starts and stops every few seconds.
    I have a Blackberry 8330 on Verizon.
    Does it happen with all stations or with particular one? Would you try the latest version (1.1 beta from Download TuneIn Radio for Blackberry) to see if it still has the issue. Thanks.
    10-26-10 07:36 PM
    Does it happen with all stations or with particular one? Would you try the latest version (1.1 beta from Download TuneIn Radio for Blackberry) to see if it still has the issue. Thanks.
    Is this a upgrade?
    Should we install this version or hang onto v1.0?
    10-26-10 07:41 PM
    Is this a upgrade?
    Should we install this version or hang onto v1.0?
    Yes, please install it. It's 1.1 beta and should be good (the post on the previous page has the details).
    10-27-10 06:31 AM
    This 1.1 upgrade is awesome, the biggest improvement that I see is that the stream loads almost instantly now. I tired all of my presets and they all load so quickly, where before most of them would buffer, buffer and then play, some would play and stop, play and stop............. great upgrade guys!! thank you
    10-27-10 06:50 AM
    any chance of adding these stations to your list

Vibes FM 93.8fm
    Vibes FM Online

Roots FM 95.4fm
    UKRootsFM

cheers
    10-27-10 07:16 AM
    Found it last night. Also liked how you can order your presets via the web. Very nice.

DLing the 1.1 update right now too!
    10-27-10 08:38 AM
    I liked the addition of the data usage warning, which is good for those on metered plans, which seems to be coming for us all.

EDIT: Volumn controls worked perfectly and the % displayed as promised, while app was in the background.
    10-27-10 09:11 AM
    version 1.0 - stations only play for 5-7 seconds then buffer. Doesn't matter what station I try to play or what settings I change.
    Version 1.1 - Installed over v.1.0, installation went fine but app wont run. I removed v1.0 and rebooted the phone. Clean download and install of v.1.1 and same issue, installs fine but doesn't run.
    Program looks really sharp and has nice features, will keep my eye on this one and hope it works for me at some point.
    10-27-10 09:43 AM
    im loving this app for the batt usage, one thing that would be nice in a premium version (if you plan on making one) would be the audio output to a Bluetooth headset,i would Definitely purchase this app.

thks
    10-27-10 09:45 AM
    OK, upgraded my os to .983 and have the update for TI.
    The stations do seem to load quicker, and is the volume better (louder) or is that more likely due to the os upgrade, either way I like it.
    The volume pop up is nice too, works great, but I`ve always liked that I can adjust the volume even when the app is in the background, something I`m not sure I can do with any other media app I`ve tried.
    10-27-10 09:49 AM
    When in my home on WiFi/UMA there is no stopping this app! Simply the best!

I just cannot get it to work while out and about on 3G. Invalid response with a gray reload screen bar. My APN settings are correct at epc.tmobile.com. I sent a feedback email from the same user name here in these forums with your debug log and the "severe error" entry from the event log.

TIA
    Brad

10-27-10 09:53 AM
    but I`ve always liked that I can adjust the volume even when the app is in the background, something I`m not sure I can do with any other media app I`ve tried.

I think you are correct, I haven't tried any other media player that will adjust volume while in the background, except for this one
    10-27-10 09:54 AM
1,007 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD