alex, any chance of getting "type to search" - aka not having to click on the search box to start typing?
    Great suggestion. I added it to the list for 1.1
    10-21-10 11:07 AM
    Great suggestion. I added it to the list for 1.1
    Thanks - and perhaps a setting to put your own area or zip code in rather than using wifi/gps? It took me a bit to realize I could create an account online with my zip code and link it.
    10-21-10 11:32 AM
    Sometimes my searches will find XM/Sirius radio stations which it will not play. HOWEVER I am an XM subscriber. Is there a way to get Radiotime to recognize this and get these stations to work? I did set up an account with Radiotime at the website and have set my TuneIN player has a device on my Radiotime account. Is there a way to associate to my XM subscription? Or is it just a fluke that it is finding these channels? I would dearly LOVE to listen to the GD station and the NHL Station. Has well as the decades (I love the 70ies & 80ies in particular!)
    10-21-10 11:44 AM
    Okay, I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and now it is working fine. there seems to be one station that I searched for and found, then added as a preset. When I click on this station, it starts up and says Buffering but the blue wheel just spins endlessly and it never starts playing. All my other presets work fine. I would think that if the stream is not the proper protocol, it would not show up in the search results, right?
    10-21-10 01:05 PM
    I would think that if the stream is not the proper protocol, it would not show up in the search results, right?
    Right, however there is much more to stream compatibility than just protocol. There are many different variations both in stream encodings and particular system hardware/software ability to deal with them in so we can't certainly exclude streams which don't work without throwing out many of those, which do. Also sometimes it could be a bug in my code, which only strikes for specific stream (in such case it won't work on any devices until I fix it). I'd be happy to check your station to see if it's fixable.
    10-21-10 01:25 PM
    The link on the website still doesnt appear. Is there a link I can get to try this app out.

Thanks.
    10-21-10 01:48 PM
    The link on the website still doesnt appear. Is there a link I can get to try this app out.

Thanks.
    Enable javascript in your BB browser.
    10-21-10 02:01 PM
    I have the checkmark on Support JavaScripts and Allow JavaScripts
    10-21-10 02:05 PM
    So I take it that's a "no" then?

Have you tried setting your APN settings (if not already set)?
    Options > Advanced Options > TCP/IP
    I believe for Vodacom the settings are :
    APN : internet
    no password or username required
    I tried that now and it works! But the problem is that I don't think stuff like BBM works while the app is streaming using the internet APN. As soon as I start streaming Shoutcast stations, the little "B" icon next to the "3G" disappears and BBM doesn't work. I stop streaming and the "B" appears and BBM messages come through.
    10-21-10 02:10 PM
    I have the checkmark on Support JavaScripts and Allow JavaScripts
    Try closing the browser and reloading the page after changing the setting.
    10-21-10 02:11 PM
    I tried that and I have always had them checkmarked. Still no link.
    10-21-10 02:22 PM
    Try this:

Uncheck both the Javascript options, save and close the browser.

Open it again and go to radiotime.com/bb

Go into the browser options and only check the first javascript option and save.

When you go back to the browser from the options page, just press R to reload the page.

Does that give you a link now?
    10-21-10 02:31 PM
    Try this:

Go into the browser options and only check the first javascript option and save.

When you go back to the browser from the options page, just press R to reload the page.

Thanks for the help. The page was somewhat fragile, we just replaced it with more robust version, which offers manual options when auto-detection breaks (which typically happens when either JavaScript is disabled or BB browser doesn't identify itself as BlackBerry).
    10-21-10 02:41 PM
    Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any clues. It appears like something is wrong with OS media player, which fails to start playback of windows media streams. Did you try uninstall the app, do the battery pull and reinstall?
    yes i did all that and still same error.thanx for a great app.I'll check for updates.
    10-21-10 02:50 PM
    Try this:

I unchecked both JavaScripts and went to the site and there was the link for Touch or Classic.
    Downloaded and installed...will try it out soon.

Thanks for your help FeoZA!
    10-21-10 02:52 PM
    I am here in nyc. Trying to find /set to Power105.1. Can anyone help me out. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 05:20 PM
    I am here in nyc. Trying to find /set to Power105.1. Can anyone help me out. Thanks
    It's a Clear Channel station, it's only available through their iHeart Radio app.
    10-21-10 05:41 PM
    Right, however there is much more to stream compatibility than just protocol. There are many different variations both in stream encodings and particular system hardware/software ability to deal with them in so we can't certainly exclude streams which don't work without throwing out many of those, which do. Also sometimes it could be a bug in my code, which only strikes for specific stream (in such case it won't work on any devices until I fix it). I'd be happy to check your station to see if it's fixable.
    okay, I would appreciate that, it is the only station I listen to that is actually in my own town, all the rest are across the country. It is funny, since when I first installed the app this morning, that station came up and I was able to play it, now when I search the actually station stream does not appear in the search results anymore?

It is station WDUQ in Pittsburgh (90.5FM) - maybe you can see if something's wrong with it.
    10-21-10 09:25 PM
    This app is great!!! Would it be possible to add a way to separate and move around the presets so that i can put them into categories???
    10-21-10 09:33 PM
    okay, I would appreciate that, it is the only station I listen to that is actually in my own town, all the rest are across the country. It is funny, since when I first installed the app this morning, that station came up and I was able to play it, now when I search the actually station stream does not appear in the search results anymore?

It is station WDUQ in Pittsburgh (90.5FM) - maybe you can see if something's wrong with it.
    Playing ok for me And it came right up when I did a search of the call letters. Actually 3 stations came up as they appear to have 3 signals via their HD broadcasts. Good station!
    10-21-10 10:36 PM
    I've been trying most radio channels. I found the ones in Asia give a lot of errors, and at times even drop signal and show the red error sign at the top.

Very easy to use and navigate. Relatively fast in loading and buffering. All in all, very good. I shall keep it! Will post more when I encounter any bugs.
    10-22-10 12:10 AM
    You can move your presets around on the radiotime web sight.....something I just found myself the other day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-10 02:16 AM
    Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any clues. It appears like something is wrong with OS media player, which fails to start playback of windows media streams. Did you try uninstall the app, do the battery pull and reinstall?
    i have done so... still getting time out...
    10-22-10 05:40 AM
    i have done so... still getting time out...
    Please send the log from app settings (use the link at the very bottom).
    10-22-10 05:46 AM
    Playing ok for me And it came right up when I did a search of the call letters. Actually 3 stations came up as they appear to have 3 signals via their HD broadcasts. Good station!
    thanks PK, they do have one or two HD streams, one called JazzWorks which is a pre-taped show, but I was looking for their live radio stream. That one is not there. It is an awesome 24hr. jazz station, I love it. Hope I can get it.

EDIT: I just created an account online and put in my presets that way, I did find the stream for WDUQ that I wanted. then I added my BB to the Device screen. Now they all play flawlessly!! I am just thrilled with this program. thank you
    Last edited by dollface54; 10-22-10 at 06:43 AM.
    10-22-10 06:26 AM
1,007 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD