Hmm... this doesn't happen to me. If I select something from search results and then go back the results are still there until I press Esc button again.
    Actually I see it now -- happens when select something, which doesn't open Now playing screen i.e. programs or podcasts. I'll fix, thanks for reporting the issue!
    10-15-10 06:25 AM
    Well I was gonna comment on .9, but never mind lol.
    I noticed .9 was much bigger draw on my battery, but now 1.0 installed and I'll report back after I played with it a while.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-10 02:02 PM
    Well I was gonna comment on .9, but never mind lol.
    I noticed .9 was much bigger draw on my battery, but now 1.0 installed and I'll report back after I played with it a while.
    1.0 is not different in this regard so I suppose your comment is still valid. Against which version did you notice the difference in battery life?
    10-15-10 02:11 PM
    Is the beta still open? If so, please count me in!

Bold 9650

Thanks!
    10-15-10 02:21 PM
    Actually I see it now -- happens when select something, which doesn't open Now playing screen i.e. programs or podcasts. I'll fix, thanks for reporting the issue!
    v1.0 seems to have fixed this issue. Many thanks.

I personally have not seen any additional battery drain with the last couple of releases.

The only thing I have not really tested is what happens when someone calls as the app is playing a station/podcast. Would I be correct in assuming the app pauses what ever is being played?
    10-15-10 03:29 PM
    v1.0 seems to have fixed this issue. Many thanks.
    Yes, I fixed that also made it remember list position so when you navigate back it'll select what was previously selected. Also made it not jump focus from search field when you erase all text there and fixed incorrect duration display for some podcasts after resuming from pause.

The only thing I have not really tested is what happens when someone calls as the app is playing a station/podcast. Would I be correct in assuming the app pauses what ever is being played?
    Yes, it pauses / stops and resumes after the call ends.
    10-15-10 03:46 PM
    I believe the previous version I was using was .83
    Let me play with it a bit before I really make final judgment though, I might have started it earlier than I thought and I remembered doing some other stuff while it was playing.
    My Bold seems to have become an extension of my hand and I forget what I`m doing sometimes.

It seems I am having charging issues, I think that has been the biggest problem, sorry about that.
    It does work great I did have it on all afternoon
    Last edited by GrumpyOldMan2112; 10-15-10 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Edited to add new info
    10-15-10 05:59 PM
    Alex, so far this version has been rock solid on my 9700. Great work!
    10-15-10 08:03 PM
    Alex, I used version 0.9 for a few hours today strictly for music and this app is amazing! Great work! I encountered no issues yet but am keeping an eye out for any. I strictly used my preset from my radio time account which i think is the best feature of this app. All stations loaded for me. I used the app strictly on 3g while driving and all stations were 128 kbps bitrates. So far loving it! Downloading 1.0 now. Did not try any podcosts... those arent my thing sorry.
    10-15-10 09:41 PM
    When is this app going public?

I'd kill to use it right now. I currently use TuneWiki + auxillary cable in the car to listen to Shoutcast with my 9700 but would like to give this app a go too.
    10-16-10 04:36 AM
    I have been having issues with a station since the first beta "TalkSports (UK)".

I have finally been able to listen to it with ASF padding and a buffer of 60 seconds (didn't work with 30s).
    Yesterday was the first time I was able to listen to this station for a long period of time.

It will buffer to 100%, plays for a minute or so, tries to re-buff but can't play the stream.

It doesn't crash my Storm 2 but does cause everything to go slow. To correct this I need to reboot.

I believe TalkSports is a Windows Media Stream.

No other issues. Still an awesome APP.
    10-16-10 07:25 AM
    Using 1.0 when I use it the first time it works as it should, but when I switch stations I seem to be getting that blank screen with the reload screen option ( pictured earlier in the thread).
    When that happens I can't even shut down and restart the program, it just comes up as the white screen.
    It happened yesterday and I had to a battery pull to get it to work again, I thought maybe it was just my phone, but it did the same thing this morning.
    I uninstalled it and am gonna try .9 again.
    Let me know if want me to send you my log file.
    Thanks

10-16-10 09:06 AM
    Ok .9 just did it too, I've noticed when this happens I can go nowhere online, browser hangs at "requesting" and other radio apps won't work either.
    Also the WM streams aren't playing

10-16-10 10:10 AM
    Ok .9 just did it too, I've noticed when this happens I can go nowhere online, browser hangs at "requesting" and other radio apps won't work either.
    Also the WM streams aren't playing
    That sounds like general internet connection problem on your phone. It's very unlikely that it's caused by this app (it really doesn't do anything to your connection -- just uses it). Do you mean WM streams never work for you? That is not normal, they should work (unless you turned on "Storm2 mode", which should only be used on Storm2 and Torch).
    10-16-10 10:39 AM
    Alex, 1.0 is working nicely so far. Thanks again for all your hard work.
    Is it possible to have a Fastfoward and rewind
    option when playing a Podcast? Also could it be
    possible to have an option, to play from the same
    spot where you ended the Podcast you where last listing to?
    10-16-10 02:10 PM
    .83 just did it too, I've never had this issue with .83 in the past.
    I thought it might be network related as well, but according to my sig meter and Internals I'm good.
    This only happens when I'm trying to change stations on TuneIn, and after using TI since .64 this only appeared after I installed 1.0, now I can't get any version of TI to work.
    When I delete the app I am getting insufficient network coverage and am unable to get online, even thought I'm showing 3 bars and Internals is showing me with good signal.
    A bat pull is the only way to fix it.
    The only software changes to my phone are TI and an upgrade to BWeather..
    This only happens when TI is running.

10-16-10 05:14 PM
    Is it possible to have a Fastfoward and rewind
    option when playing a Podcast? Also could it be
    possible to have an option, to play from the same
    spot where you ended the Podcast you where last listing to?
    Good suggestions, I plan to implement both.
    10-16-10 06:23 PM
    .83 just did it too, I've never had this issue with .83 in the past.
    I thought it might be network related as well, but according to my sig meter and Internals I'm good.
    This only happens when I'm trying to change stations on TuneIn, and after using TI since .64 this only appeared after I installed 1.0, now I can't get any version of TI to work.
    When I delete the app I am getting insufficient network coverage and am unable to get online, even thought I'm showing 3 bars and Internals is showing me with good signal.
    When you see the issue in the app next time, please send the log. Thanks!
    10-16-10 06:29 PM
    Also if you can get event log from the device, that would be helpful too. To get the event log enter LGLG while holding Alt on the home screen, then select Copy Day's contents in the menu, paste it in an e-mail and send to me. Thanks.
    10-16-10 06:43 PM
    Ok I sent you a couple log files, one for the .83 and 1.0 installs.

Now just out of curiosity, in an effort to learn a little more, when I have an issue like this on a Windows comp (uninstalling and reinstalling a proggy only to have a problem persist) I have found that after uninstalling, a search and removal of any file relating to the offending proggy and a registry clean (I love RegVac) corrects the persistent problem on reinstall.
    Now I know there are left over pieces of an app on our BBs, if I delete and reinstrall, the apps former placement is remembered and in the case of TI my presets are still there.
    Is there any way to access and delete these place holders to get completely clean install or is this OS so completely different an animal that I`m barking up the wrong tree?

OK I`ve sent the phone log as well, sorry to be a pain, it`s something i can`t seem to help LOL.
    Last edited by GrumpyOldMan2112; 10-16-10 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Edited to add info
    10-16-10 07:16 PM
    Did another set of battery tests yesterday. Attached is the chart with all results. I did one test with 9000 and 0.8.1 and two tests with 1.0 and 9000 and 9550. One of them went really off (green dots). I'm not sure what was running, which caused such battery drain so repeated the test (#2) after battery pull. I left devices playing overnight locked in a plastic box and turned on "stop below 10% battery" option so in the morning both were still usable and I could copy the logs and plot the results.

Other conditions:

- 9000. Mobile network and WiFi are on, WiFi is used. Tested with The Bone radio station (Windows Media stream)
    - 9550. Mobile network is off, WiFi is used. Tested with KVOO-FM (AAC stream with song/artist tags)

I didn't notice measurable difference in battery life between 0.8.1 and 1.0.
    10-17-10 11:31 AM
    Any chance we could get an option to pause, rewind, fast forward, and record live radio?

Also, I think it would be cool to be able to add a custom picture to a station - some of the stations I saved to my presets do not have a logo or anything, so I thought it might be nice to be able to add something to it.

Thanks again Alex - great app.

10-17-10 11:10 PM
    Any chance we could get an option to pause, rewind, fast forward, and record live radio?

Also, I the k it would be cool to be able to add a custom picture to a station - some of the stations I saved to my presets do not have a logo or anything, so I thought it might be nice to be able to add something to it.

Thanks again Alex - great app.

Lol, fast forward live radio?
    That would take a lot of resources. The way it is now, it's just streaming radio. To allow fast forwarding, rewinding, etc., they'd need to cache the stations on their website. That would take a lot of storage space fast.
    10-17-10 11:12 PM
    This is a must have APP as is.

I would not like to see it "Bulked Up" with unnecessary features.
    10-18-10 08:22 AM
    This is a must have APP as is.

I would not like to see it "Bulked Up" with unnecessary features.
    I too like the simple clean interface. HOWEVER extra under the hood tweaking type settings I don't mind so much, BUT don't ever lose the simple clean interface, it's genuis!

And I agree this will be a must have, get this sucker to open beta Alex!!!!!!
    10-18-10 08:57 AM
1,007 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD