The link was provided to beta testers via PM, it should still be in your PM box.
    10-03-10 04:19 PM
    Pleaseee I really want it! Thanks
    BlackBerry 8520
    10-03-10 07:18 PM
    Hi, if you're still accepting testers I'd be happy to give it a shot.
    Blackberry 9700
    OS 5.0.0.938
    Last edited by Zed Leppelin; 10-03-10 at 09:00 PM.
    10-03-10 07:47 PM
    I'd like to give this a shot.

BB 9800
    OS 6.0.0.246
    10-03-10 08:49 PM
    Folks,

The beta is closed, HOWEVER, they are getting ready to have an open beta soon, so stay tuned! There should be a blog on the front page when the open beta starts up. Plus I'm sure Alex will post the info here too. But the closed beta is full.
    10-03-10 10:28 PM
    In all seriousness, how did you create the most all inclusive and well working streaming radio app to date, and manage to make the interface so clean and simple?
    Quick q: what's asf padding?
    Also, for some reason today for local stations it wasn't finding anything, and reloading didn't help - was it because my signal was really low (despite wifi)?
    One other quick suggestion: could the back button shut the app down? I'm used to all my apps shutting down that way, it's weird to have to actually select exit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-10 02:52 AM
    I'm not a "back arrow" user to actually SHUT DOWN apps (at least, not without confirmation). But I would prefer it to be CLOSE rather than EXIT (Rim uses "close" on its apps as do MOST apps whereas a few use "exit" such as googlemaps).
    10-04-10 08:26 AM
    The TV worked for me for about 5 minutes today. I was able to listen to Fox6 here in Bham, AL . I was soooo excited! I'm still using the build with the TV...I think i've missed an upgrade. I'll check it out
    10-04-10 01:42 PM
    The TV worked for me for about 5 minutes today. I was able to listen to Fox6 here in Bham, AL . I was soooo excited! I'm still using the build with the TV...I think i've missed an upgrade. I'll check it out
    "Sky News" (UK) and some of the European channels have been working fine for me too; without any hitches. I am a little reluctant to upgrade to v0.7.1.

The main feature/functionality i.e. Radio has been flawless.

Would I be correct in assuming that WiFi (if available) is utilised by default and then 3G/EDGE (BIS-B). If WiFi or BIS-B are not available with it also utilise TCP (via APN settings)?
    10-04-10 01:56 PM
    Would I be correct in assuming that WiFi (if available) is utilised by default and then 3G/EDGE (BIS-B). If WiFi or BIS-B are not available with it also utilise TCP (via APN settings)?
    The current version never uses BIS-B (this requires RIM's 'Alliance partner' program membership, which we don't have, plus RIM discourages developers from streaming media over either BIS or BES in the docs). So the app uses WiFi if available, and direct TCP otherwise. It also switches dynamically between two, i.e. if you were on cellular connection initially but connected to WiFi then it'll restart the stream using WiFi.

ASF padding is a debug parameter of internal Windows Media streams decoder. If you notice that some streams buffer but never start to play you may try turning it on/off.

Unrelated note: I did a battery life test on Bold 9000 on the weekend and got ~11 hours of continuous playback on wifi with backlight off, which is pretty good considering RIM estimates "music playback time" as 12.8 hours on the device.
    10-04-10 05:38 PM
    One other quick suggestion: could the back button shut the app down? I'm used to all my apps shutting down that way, it's weird to have to actually select exit.
    I guess I'll need to add this option to the Settings
    10-04-10 05:41 PM
    11 hours music playback is amazing; I don't think I'll ever need that much much better than Pandora, where I get 5 maybe.
    Thanks for the answer about ASF.

10-04-10 05:41 PM
    Hi I would love to participate in the beta testing. I bought this app for Android as well as iOS and cannot live wihtout it! TO be honest, I cant find anything decent on Blackberry and Wunder Radio doesnt work for the Torch. Hit me up a PM if you are interested in my participation. I have wifi and a 6 gig data plan to spare on 3g. Thanks!
    10-04-10 07:12 PM
    I have Wunder Radio working on my Torch.
    10-05-10 05:25 AM
    ok I got Wunder Radio to work on the Torch using a Storm beta and its not super touch friendly either. Theres no official way to buy it from App World so I don't like that considering that its 10$. I am using the trial for now in the hopes of an open beta or an invite to TuneIn radio. I love TuneIn cause all my stations are synched Radio Time website and cant wait to use it.
    10-05-10 03:51 PM
    I am having trouble downloading the latest version for my 8330 it downloads but it won't open when I click on it? Any help with this problem

10-05-10 07:41 PM
    I am having trouble downloading the latest version for my 8330 it downloads but it won't open when I click on it? Any help with this problem
    I saw a similar problem once when updating over the old version. Not sure why it happened but I solved it by clean re-install.

Try uninstalling the old version and rebooting the phone, then install the new one (and be careful to select the link, which matches your OS version, the safe choice is 4.5+ -- the only real difference in 5.0+ build is touch screen support). When started confirm the permissions it requests.
    10-06-10 11:00 AM
    Is anyone in the USA able to listen to the UK Sports Station - "TalkSports"?
    10-07-10 09:52 AM
    Folks,
    The beta is closed, HOWEVER, they are getting ready to have an open beta soon, so stay tuned! There should be a blog on the front page when the open beta starts up. Plus I'm sure Alex will post the info here too. But the closed beta is full.
    Thanks for the information! I'm looking forward to an open beta.
    10-07-10 10:00 AM
    All I can say is the program is so far awesome!
    10-07-10 11:50 AM
    I agree 100% - Best radio app out there.

All I can say is the program is so far awesome!
    10-07-10 12:34 PM
    I agree 100% - Best radio app out there.

i agree with you all i have yet to find one major issue with the app

there maybe like 2 stations i dont get but seriously that is so minor compared to how well the app works
    10-07-10 12:43 PM
    would like to try when is open beta?
    10-07-10 01:13 PM
    I'd definitely love to give this a shot when it opens up to public beta. Could someone pm me when this happens?

I have a blackberry tour 9630 5.0.0.975

Last edited by SpiritsFade; 10-08-10 at 03:44 PM.
    10-07-10 05:47 PM
    As I told the creator, I'd like the option, similar to ooTunes on the iPhone, to set a minimum bitrate.
    10-07-10 05:47 PM
1,007 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD