Enjoying this APP. Great selection of Local stations. Sound quality exceptional.

What is the status in listening to the BBC stations (UK) from the USA?
    Are they restricted?
    I've been listening to some of the BBC stations, in central Europe, without any issues.

No bugs to report at all, with v0.6.4. Many thanks for moving the log file to the SDcard and adding the preferred connection.

However, I do have one local radio station that just shows "Error" (and the log file is empty). Will mess around to see if I can get the app to report what the issue is.
    Last edited by PDM; 09-27-10 at 02:01 AM. Reason: version # added
    09-27-10 01:52 AM
    I would like to try this app out if it is not too late!

9550 5.0.0.713

Thanks!! :-)
    09-27-10 05:35 AM
    I host The Conspiracy Worldwide Hip Hop Radio podcast in the top 20 of the podcast charts so would really like to test this app out and work with you

Bold 9700
    Orange UK

Pin 22192BE3 or contact me conspiracyworldwide at gmail.com
    09-27-10 03:11 PM
    Still enjoying this great app! I did notice however one or two of my local stations don't show, but other than that its truly great! Looking forward to future updates.
    09-27-10 04:13 PM
    I've now used two versions. Can't say I tortured them by hard use. There's still features that I need to try. But I'm not seeing any bugs, so far. Thanks for a great app!
    09-28-10 01:24 AM
    love the iphone app... want it on my bb
    09-28-10 06:52 PM
    I would like to help test if there is anymore invites.

Bold 9650
    OS 5.0
    Verizon
    09-28-10 09:09 PM
    Apparently not. Generally if you notice that some station or podcast are missing you can request it to be added using the feedback form at RadioTime website: RadioTime: Contact Us The content team here will be happy
    Hi Alex,
    I emailed RadioTime about the Crackberry Podcast. They replied that it would be available tomorrow. Would we need a update or will it just show up?
    Thanks. The app is running fantastic.
    Thank you
    09-29-10 05:31 PM
    Hi

Thanks to everyone who joined the private beta. Now it's (more than) full. The next stop is the public beta.

The updated version 0.7.0 has the following new features:

- App icon and logo replaced with actual TuneIn branding
    - Supports "play/pause" button at the top of the device
    - Shows song/artist and album artwork for the streams, which has this information
    - Option to use GPS for local stations detection (otherwise it uses IP location)
    - Ads (the app is going to be free so that it's available to everyone). Are you OK having ads in the app or would you rather pay to get a ads-free version?
    - (Experimental & unstable) Option to turn on Live TV catalog -- this probably won't make it into the release due to stability problems (my 9000 rebooted a few times while I was testing it) but since it's a beta I decided th trow it in
    - Countless bugfixes (and probably some new bugs)

Thanks again
    Alex
    09-30-10 12:22 PM
    Hi Alex,
    I emailed RadioTime about the Crackberry Podcast. They replied that it would be available tomorrow.
    All new content shows up in the app automatically. I just tried search and Crackberry podcast is in there.
    09-30-10 12:23 PM
    Hi

Thanks to everyone who joined the private beta. Now it's (more than) full. The next stop is the public beta.

- Shows song/artist and album artwork for the streams, which has this information
    - Option to use GPS for local stations detection (otherwise it uses IP location)
    - Ads (the app is going to be free so that it's available to everyone). Are you OK having ads in the app or would you rather pay to get a ads-free version?
    - (Experimental & unstable) Option to turn on Live TV catalog -- this probably won't make it into the release due to stability problems (my 9000 rebooted a few times while I was testing it) but since it's a beta I decided th trow it in

Thanks again
    Alex

Hey, glad to hear about a new release
    I'm about to download it, but just so you know, selecting stations by country is working now for me... not sure what changed.
    Quick question: are station lists updated on a server, or are they programmed into the app?
    As far as ads, if the program is being provided free than I don't have too much of a problem with them... audio ads might shy me away (reason I don't use Nobex radio Companion anymore), but visual ones are fine as long as not too intrusive
    I think a paid non-ad version would be good too though; I imagine a lot of people would be more than willing to pay $5 to remove ads/support the app. Granted, I have no clue how advertising/ $5 per app compare in payout, or how much it costs to maintain an app like this (especially if there is a server involved).
    I'll post again if I run into anything.
    09-30-10 12:35 PM
    Hi

Thanks again
    Alex
    Unbelievable! Just from the little bit I've seen so far, I think you did a really great job. I'll play around with it more today and let you know of any bugs/comments I have. Keep up the good work and thanks for all your effort!
    09-30-10 12:39 PM
    Downloading the update now
    I don't mind the ads on free app, I love Pandora free and it has them,
    With me though, my favorite aspect of smart phones is my ability to use it as a radio and TV as well, so I have gladly paid for an app that's worth it to me, and I would pay for this if it came to it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 01:44 PM
    Guess I'm not downloading yet, the link I have is still .65

09-30-10 01:49 PM
    Guess I'm not downloading yet, the link I have is still .65
    Try refreshing the page in the browser.
    09-30-10 01:51 PM
    I would like to try this out, if you still need anybody

09-30-10 02:40 PM
    I'm about to download it, but just so you know, selecting stations by country is working now for me... not sure what changed.
    Quick question: are station lists updated on a server, or are they programmed into the app?
    The content comes from server so nothing is hardcoded. The problem with browsing by region you encountered was a combo of network issue, which caused incomplete data received from server and app bug (the app cached that bad response).

By the way if you see something not working you can use Report a problem command on now playing stream. That will offer some solutions (different stream or the same program from different station) and also will send report to RadioTime allowing us to fix broken stream links or similar issues.
    09-30-10 02:44 PM
    Love the idea of the Live TV catalog. I miss listening to Judge Judy (some of those cases are hilarious), since TV went digital, I can't pick it up on my desk radio...which brings me to a problem with Tune In, it fetchs the playlist for Fox 6(I'm in Bham, AL) but nothing plays. Also, the podcasts for WatchTower Public, Study and the Awake are not working, the playlists won't load, and I get an error message. I wasn't sure if you wanted these issues posted here, or should I email RadioTime. Other than those issues, everything in the new build seems to be working very smoothing. This is wonderful, wonderful app
    09-30-10 03:12 PM
    Since it's a beta please report all issues here. I fixed these podcasts playback -- will work in the next app release.
    09-30-10 03:24 PM
    I got it thanks, love the TV part of it.
    I know its not a priority, but none played for me.
    The ads are no big deal, even if I couldn't turn them off, if the final comes out as a free app, it will be the best radio app for BB.......even at 5 bucks it would be.

09-30-10 03:28 PM
    I got it thanks, love the TV part of it.
    I know its not a priority, but none played for me.
    The ads are no big deal, even if I couldn't turn them off, if the final comes out as a free app, it will be the best radio app for BB.......even at 5 bucks it would be.

I agree 1000% This radio app is plain ole awesome! I paid $9.99 a particular radio app some time ago, and honestly this one blows it out the water! In fact, that app is no longer on my phone.

Having the option to turn off the ads is really nice, though it wouldn't bother me if I couldn't.

Thanks for allowing me to test and be a part of this. I can't wait for the final release.
    09-30-10 03:57 PM
    [...]

I'm all for corporate branding...

Is this on the touch screen BB's? As I still see Pause/Play at bottom of screen (9700). Or have I mis-understood this?

Been meaning to request this... Fantastic addition

I saw this under the "Settings" screen. Was also good to see app version number there too.

I actually disabled the ads under "Settings" Personally, I would prefer an ad-free version. Although, I must say the ads were not intrusive at all.

This is a great new feature!! I played with it for approx 10-15mins and couldn't get my BB to crash Some of the channels play without any issues. Some have no audio and I noticed others seem to be "frozen" (e.g. Bloomberg TV UK). I am really looking forward to the work you plan to do with this....

Thanks again
    Alex
    No "new" or "old" bugs to report...

Many thanks for your efforts with this app.
    09-30-10 04:14 PM
    I also use the 9.99 radio app, frankly it's what I judge all others by.
    Which is what makes this app so great, it meets or exceeds that one in almost every way.
    The only plus to the other one is access to The Stream Center stations as well, and a section with a greater selection of police/fire/railroad scanners.
    The bottom line is though, I haven't not found something on Radiotime that I have found on TSCn and the scanners don't mean much to me.
    This app is faster, offers the same ability to search by content or show, and seems to be less of a drain on my phone.......all of which makes it a winner to me, if the final version is free all the better.

09-30-10 05:08 PM
    Is this on the touch screen BB's? As I still see Pause/Play at bottom of screen (9700). Or have I mis-understood this?
    It's actually a small hardware button at top edge of the device. I have it on 9000 and saw it on the most emulators. The best thing about this addition is that it allows you to stop/start playback even if the app is running in the background.
    09-30-10 05:27 PM
    Hi

Thanks again
    Alex
    ii
    Awesome update, Alex. Thanks.
    All new content shows up in the app automatically. I just tried search and Crackberry podcast is in there.
    Good news on the Podcast.
    09-30-10 05:50 PM
1,007 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD