Wife is trying to use the camera on here storm. It keeps telling her to close other apps first but she has none open. I have restarted phone and still has the same problem. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 10:22 AM
    Did you just power down, or did you do a battery pull?

06-20-09 10:29 AM
    No I had deleted vz navigator for here and it rebooted from there. I have also tried a bat. pull

Last edited by geberhard; 06-20-09 at 12:44 PM.
    06-20-09 12:29 PM
    This happened to one of the other Storm's that I had. I have no clue what caused it. I took it to Verizon and they checked it and couldn't find anything wrong with it. Upon very very close inspection, there was a tiny crack in the flash bulb on the camera. Not the actual bulb but on the glass piece that covers the flash and camera lens. It looked like the flash bulb had overheated or something causing it to crack. If I hadn't been looking for something wrong with it, i never would have seen it. Checking the glare on that piece in the light was the only way I noticed it. That could be the problem. Anyways Verizon replaced it for me at no charge. Maybe thats whats happened?
    06-20-09 06:57 PM
    The same thing happened to one of my employee's Storm, we tried everything and could not get it to work. He took it back to Verizon and they replaced it.
    06-20-09 07:19 PM
    This use to happen to me and I would just do a battery pull sorry but this phone disappoints me more and more 8-(

06-20-09 07:54 PM
    Thanks for all the help. I will have her take it up to Verizon in the morning.

06-20-09 08:13 PM
    Try using the camera icon instead of using the one on the side. The same thing happened to me and I took it to Verizon. They installed a memory cleaner and adjusted the setting so that when I pulled the battery it worked. It still happened but since I use the icon it works

06-20-09 11:14 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I have an unlocked storm 9530 working on Tmobile nework. Im pretty sure the reps at Verizon wouldn't be as willing to help me in the store. I've tried everything from a batt pull to wiping my device, loosing all my data. Do I have any options?
    06-21-09 01:46 AM
    I had this problem and mine was due to installing slacker radio. It also caused errors with the videos I had recorded before installing slacker. After deleting slacker the camera and videos worked fine. I also installed an app that let my storm vibrate while ringing and that also caused a camera error so I had to delete that as well.
    06-21-09 12:51 PM
    Mine has been doing this too. I've tried everything, from pulling the bat to completely rebooting it. Is there nothing else I can do other than taking it to verizon?
    06-21-09 01:24 PM
    Try using the camera icon instead of using the one on the side. The same thing happened to me and I took it to Verizon. They installed a memory cleaner and adjusted the setting so that when I pulled the battery it worked. It still happened but since I use the icon it works

Tried that still does the same. I will take it in to verizon tomorrow. The only app that have I have put on her phone is quick pull, enabling for the scheduled reboot every night while she sleeps.

I have the same + more apps, and no issues on my storm.
    06-21-09 09:59 PM
    Took it into the store tonight. They replaced the phone. They couldn't tell me what was wrong.
    06-22-09 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD