ok so heres the scoop i have a 6gb plan and some tethering code attached to my account and im able to tether on my laptop (which is using desktop manager 6) but want to tether on my desktop (which is using desktop manager 5.0.1 and upgraded to 6 with the same result)

For some reason it isnt working. when i try to connect i get an error message. tried rogers tech support online and by phone throughout this whole thing (over an hour) and they said something about the ports should be com5 and com6 (which it is on my laptop) but on my desktop its com3 and com4. they wiped my phone thinking it was that, uninstalled then reinstalled desktop manager, restarted my computer and did numerous battery pulls but no dice. any ideas on what the problem could be?

also tried using the program tether and also pdanet. tether worked until the trial ended (dont want to pay $50 for it) and pdanet didnt work at all.

any other options?
    08-16-10 07:18 AM
    What error message are you getting?
    08-16-10 07:31 AM
    heres a picture of the error message:

on my desktop the ports are coming up as com3 and com4 dont know why. i have nothing on com5 or com6
    08-16-10 01:34 PM
    *SNIP*
    tether worked until the trial ended (dont want to pay $50 for it)
    I think you've found your solution. If you use Tether (the app) the data is indistinguishable from your regular BB's data use, and you don't need to fuss with DM. You can have them remove the tethering "code" from your account.
    08-16-10 01:58 PM
    You might have to redo the setup and add the special configuration information shown here:http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...y-modem-19093/
    08-16-10 02:09 PM
    *SNIP*

I think you've found your solution. If you use Tether (the app) the data is indistinguishable from your regular BB's data use, and you don't need to fuss with DM. You can have them remove the tethering "code" from your account.
    i liked using tether since it actually worked. i dont pay anything for the code so that isnt a big deal.

You might have to redo the setup and add the special configuration information shown here:http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...y-modem-19093/
    the people at rogers tech support tried this and it still wasnt working kept getting a 720 error message
    08-16-10 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD