When I delete QL and then I go to uninstall. It seems by "rebooting" my phone as I am prompted after uninstalling an app that it is already deleted from everything? So is it already off my SD card and all that business? Or am I missing it somewhere that I need to manually go into these areas and remove it?? QL's CS directions are listed below.

If that doesn't work you must do the following exactly. Don't skip any steps even if you have the latest App World.
    1) Go to My World and Delete QuickLaunch
    2) uninstall QuickLaunch from your phone from Options, Advanced, Applications.
    3) Delete QuickLaunch from your sdcard
    4) uninstall App World
    5) pull the battery for a FULL 30 seconds
    6) download and install the LATEST App World Client
    then perform the following to clear the app world cache:
    a. Go to My World
    b1. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and press "RST" (the letters R-S-t)
    b2. For Storm -- Hold the num-lock ("!?123") button so it locks and then hit "34("
    c. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

5) go to app world. click the My World icon
    6) hit the blackberry menu key and select 'Log in'. login to My World with your paypal email you used when purchasing
    7) after your apps have been reconciled the activation code will be displayed on the right under the file size. it's 4 or 5 digit
    Last edited by Summiebee; 11-14-09 at 10:39 AM.
    11-14-09 10:36 AM
    My code is not the licence number is it? This is like such a pita. I swear. I am about to just rebuy it for 5$!
    11-14-09 11:26 AM
    Should have just got it from crackberry app store lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 11:42 AM
    Just dekete the app from the application menu and reboot and it will be gone. If you downloaded from app world you will have a restore icon which can be deleted by going into app world selecring my world and deleting the archived application. There are no apps at all ever on your sd card.

11-14-09 12:14 PM
    If there are issues with your activation code, email the developer.

11-14-09 12:16 PM
    I emailed support@ nikki (which I assume is the developer. That is where the set of instructions came from. I guess I am just confused as to if I did it properly. When I deleted it, I found it no where, just to be safe how do I know it is deleted from my SD card?
    Anyhow once it was rebooted back up I went into app world and there was QL, but it said uninstalled.
    11-14-09 12:52 PM
    Should have just got it from crackberry app store lol

It was my first app and I did not know any better. I won't be making the mistake again.
    11-14-09 12:57 PM
    As its been said no apps can be installed to your sd card or downloaded to your sd card.

So if its been deleted, you can check by going into options...then applications and see if anything turns up in 3rd party apps...if it doesnt then its gone for good.

If you bought it from appworld then you will need to re-download it again...and your activation number should show up.

To be honest i never buy anything from appworld...ive downloaded 2-3 apps that are free. I use the crackberry app store to buy apps...that way when i log in i can see my activation number and also re-download the apps if i need to..plus i get email reminders when the app gets updated.
    11-14-09 01:29 PM
    I have the same problem. I too emailed Nikki and got the same instructions. Quicklaunch still shows in App world no matter what I do. Of course the Activation number I get after Reinstalling Quicklaunch is for my curve. So I keep getting activation code not valid. I was also told to contact mobihand support by going to mobihand.com and clicking on support, contact support.
    Fill out the form and have them change your device type. They will respond quickly. Also, you need to go to mobihand.com and click on support, my account.From there you can 'change' your pin. If the correct pin is already listed in your account reenter it anyway and it will generate a new code. Make sure you enter it using all caps. Problem with that is that I never had an account before so all it shows is my current pin.

At $5 I guess I'll just buy it again and call it lesson learned about buying from App world
    11-14-09 09:46 PM
    As its been said no apps can be installed to your sd card or downloaded to your sd card.

So if its been deleted, you can check by going into options...then applications and see if anything turns up in 3rd party apps...if it doesnt then its gone for good.

If you bought it from appworld then you will need to re-download it again...and your activation number should show up.

To be honest i never buy anything from appworld...ive downloaded 2-3 apps that are free. I use the crackberry app store to buy apps...that way when i log in i can see my activation number and also re-download the apps if i need to..plus i get email reminders when the app gets updated.
    I agree...I use Quicklaunch all the time. I've purchased a couple of apps through other sites, but have regretted it in the long run. I will only buy apps through the Crackberry App Store. In addition, if you get a new device you can select it and change the pin number. Any apps with activation codes will automatically update, and it will let you know if the app is compatible.
    11-14-09 11:01 PM
    Those instructions I gave work but it OFTEN takes 2 or 3 times. Sometimes 5 times. Not kidding. I get this kind of email 30 times a day every day. It happens to all apps on app world. Stick with Mobihand / Crackberry from now on.
    11-15-09 02:23 AM
    This is frustrating as its the only application I can't get to update... no doubt I won't pay for anything again on BB app world. ugh...
    11-15-09 04:24 AM
    the funny thing is that u CAN'T purchase it again through app world .. Error id 3300 .. paypal won't let u .. There needs to be a way for app world send new licenses .. they need to be for the new pin .. If anyone gets app world to send a valid license for a new phone let me know .. Been working on it for days .. (needed for vlingo westherbug elite quick launch .. Stormsaber ha)
    11-28-09 10:26 PM
    Don't buy it again just contact support. You'll have app resent. LOL. I emailed them and after trying it several times and not being able to get it to work they gave me a new code. I had my original email though with payment info on it. I will only buy via CB from now on. I had to bother them with a series of emails before I was able to have a new code. I followed the instructions several times and and I was thinking "Am I this stupid?" I even took it to a friend who has had a BB for years and he did it a couple times. I was like zoinks! I felt like a total bother. It is working again and I love it.
    11-28-09 11:13 PM
    AppWorld will not generate the new license or give you one. You have to contact support of the app you are trying to get license for. I have WeatherBug Elite thru AppWorld and when I switched to S2 I emailed WB support and 3 to 4 days later they sent me a new license key and it worked fine.
    11-28-09 11:14 PM
    Don't buy it again just contact support. You'll have app resent. LOL. I emailed them and after trying it several times and not being able to get it to work they gave me a new code. I had my original email though with payment info on it. I will only buy via CB from now on. I had to bother them with a series of emails before I was able to have a new code. I followed the instructions several times and and I was thinking "Am I this stupid?" I even took it to a friend who has had a BB for years and he did it a couple times. I was like zoinks! I felt like a total bother. It is working again and I love it.
    Yes +1 when I switched to the s2 about a month back I updated the pin on mobihand and short after I received an error message. I directly contacted mobihand they quickly updated my account and QL has been perfect on my s2 and btw I love that reset device works again!

11-28-09 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD