02-27-12 11:40 AM
80 1234
tools
    No, if you receive a call from me then it will display
    True Software Scandinavia AB
    Helenborgsgatan 9 Sweden(which is the address that my number is written on)
    Pretty cool. I like it already.
    05-18-10 11:13 AM
    this sounds great. I'd love to test it too!
    05-18-10 11:37 AM
    I wonder how this would work with the app PictureID (which gives a large photo of the caller)? I'd be willing to beta test this app on a 9550 for you...
    05-18-10 11:46 AM
    I wonder how this would work with the app PictureID (which gives a large photo of the caller)? I'd be willing to beta test this app on a 9550 for you...
    I will try it on my 9700 with PictureID installed on. But if it intereferes with the native call dialog, then I guess it will not work. But let me have a check

UPDATE: I didnīt find a trial version of it but will look more tomorrow. But does it activate on calls from numbers that you donīt have stored in your phonebook?
    Last edited by tha_neo; 05-18-10 at 01:07 PM.
    05-18-10 12:59 PM
    Hate to spoil the party but in Canada, on the Rogers and Fido networks-- we already have "name display". Ex: if John Walker is calling you and he's not someone who is a contact in ur phonebook... It displays John Walker and his number.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 10:20 PM
    Hate to spoil the party but in Canada, on the Rogers and Fido networks-- we already have "name display". Ex: if John Walker is calling you and he's not someone who is a contact in ur phonebook... It displays John Walker and his number.

Ok, does that also work for people who are not customers of Rogers? Does it work if you receive calls from US or other countries?
    05-26-10 05:34 AM
    I will try it on my 9700 with PictureID installed on. But if it intereferes with the native call dialog, then I guess it will not work. But let me have a check

UPDATE: I didnīt find a trial version of it but will look more tomorrow. But does it activate on calls from numbers that you donīt have stored in your phonebook?
    It activates by you storing a blanket picture for known numbers and unknown numbers. For example, I use a picture of a smiley face for numbers that display of folks not in my contacts. And I use a picture of a clown (don't trust 'em!) for numbers that do not display of folks not in my contacts.
    05-26-10 07:13 AM
    It activates by you storing a blanket picture for known numbers and unknown numbers. For example, I use a picture of a smiley face for numbers that display of folks not in my contacts. And I use a picture of a clown (don't trust 'em!) for numbers that do not display of folks not in my contacts.

Ok I see. I will try to check if it works! Thanks
    05-26-10 07:23 AM
    Nice, I hope I'm choosen to test this app. Can't wait.
    05-26-10 09:59 AM
    Nice, I hope I'm choosen to test this app. Can't wait.
    Yeah Iīll let you all test it as soon as we have something to deliver as a beta. still some small bugs left.
    05-26-10 10:05 AM
    Any chance of being a tester? Blackberry Tour 9630.
    05-26-10 11:03 AM
    Love to test it out! send it to me!! PM me or email me [email protected] I have a tour 5.0 version
    05-26-10 11:57 AM
    I would love to beta test this app I have a Storm 2 9550 with OS 5.0.0.607/.705

Thank you!
    05-26-10 03:32 PM
    Would be happy to test this for you. 9700 with OS 5.0.0.656
    05-26-10 05:05 PM
    dunno if I'm too late but I'd love to test it out. Sounds amazing!
    I'm running Orange UK Bold 9700 with official 5.0.0.586

05-26-10 06:17 PM
    I am still interested in testing, too.

I am really looking for an app that speaks the name of the caller prior to ringing. I have had many "dumb" phones that did this and I really liked hearing who was calling without having to unholster and look at phone. Any chance this app will include this option?? I can't believe there isn't a native option for this or even a third party app avail to do it.
    05-27-10 09:01 AM
    Any update with this and the beta testing?

05-31-10 06:44 AM
    Ok, does that also work for people who are not customers of Rogers? Does it work if you receive calls from US or other countries?
    Good question.
    It works when you receive a call from anyone-- whether a Rogers customer, someone's home line, or the restaurant down the street.

What I can't confirm is whether or not it works when receiving a call from another country because I really seldom do. I WILL test and report back however.

06-01-10 05:36 AM
    tha_neo,

This app sounds fantastic! I think I know exactly what it does and I have been looking for something like this for YEARS. Sounds like it works just like a home caller ID works but with even more information. For so long I get calls on my phone and just see a number having no idea whether or not it's a telemarketer or any idea what kind of call it is (Never have undserstood why phone companies were unable to supply this). I've even gone as far as adding the "ARC donations" into my phone book. I would love to test this out for you on my phone. Sounds like a great idea for an app and I'm sure you could make plenty of money from people like me. I would love to know who all the random callers that aren't in my "contacts" are before I answer the phone (or just ignore it in some cases which I could do with your APP). Thank you very much for this App and I hope you get the bugs out.

I'm running v 5.0.0.591 on a BlackBerry Tour 9630

It would be great to test this for you and if not, I guess I'll have to buy it. So happy just to hear something like this is in the works!

/end gushing
    06-01-10 09:24 AM
    Hey, what happened with this?

Still in the works?
    06-30-10 01:44 PM
    Yea any update???
    06-30-10 02:32 PM
    will it work in Germany too?
    If so, I would love to test it.
    9700 with 5.0.0.743
    07-03-10 02:40 PM
    I would be glad to test.
    Storm 9550 OS .713

07-03-10 02:45 PM
    I'd love to beta test. Bold 9700 on 5.0.0.602 on AT&T.
    07-03-10 02:53 PM
    wouldnt this be stalking kinda .. i want try it
    bold 9700 on att
    07-03-10 07:13 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD