Does any know if there is a drivers log book app. If so, where? thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 03:21 AM
    I'm pretty sure the DOT would not accept that as a "Log Book".
    12-20-09 10:07 AM
    Why wouldn't they? I'm not a driver, but isn't a log book literally a paper/pencil book? Why wouldn't they accept a digital version?

12-20-09 10:44 AM
    Why wouldn't they? I'm not a driver, but isn't a log book literally a paper/pencil book? Why wouldn't they accept a digital version?

Printing and signing the log each day is a requirement.
    12-20-09 10:55 AM
    There is electronic log books but the DOT have to approve it and the ones I know about are hooked right to the trucks computer so it can log everything.

But it would be nice to have a app to enter hours and it would calculate total hours and hours available, ect.

12-20-09 11:43 AM
    Printing and signing the log each day is a requirement.
    Not true if you are using an approved electronic log system that has been approved by the DOT. I use such a system, and I do not sign anything. The info the DOT may want can be found on the unit in the truck. And if that is not enough, then the company has to be able to fax the paper copies which is printed off the computer system to them, the previous 7 days anyway. But I have found that the officers can get what info they are looking for from the truck unit. There will be a day that paper logs will be extinct.
    12-20-09 11:54 AM
    Yes that's true BUT you still cannot use a bb app as your log book.

12-20-09 03:05 PM
    I am a driver from Canada and travel the US as well. I use the program Drivers Daily Log. It has been accepted by both Canadian and US inspectors in electronic format (they viewed from my laptop). The only requirement that either country has said is you MUST be able to print them out upon request. It would be great if we had something for a BB that would be accepted.

If there are any other drivers who would like some more info feel free to PM me or post here.

12-20-09 11:19 PM
    Dont Know about acceptance by patrol, but theres a sweet app for the Iphone by Mobil Warrior. just saw it last night on a buddys phone. Looks kick ***, logs hours for the last 7 days+ and has a killer graph. Trying to find one for my BB Tour, but haven't had any luck yet.
    btw he just emails the data file to his laptop and then can print it out........
    12-30-09 01:28 PM
    go to udrove.com they have a bb app for log inspection reports expense tracking. and sends everything to a web site for printing.
    02-06-10 07:53 PM
    go to udrove.com they have a bb app for log inspection reports expense tracking. and sends everything to a web site for printing.
    $25 per month, per driver isn't a very sustainable business pricing model. Log books can be purchased in bulk for much less.
    02-07-10 12:42 AM
    there is an app for the black berry i know that is how my log run my is run to a bluetooth device thats hook to a gps thats hook to the truck ecm some how tell them where when howlong and what the truck was doing parked moving shut off or idleing keeps track of my hos even tattles on me this little p.o.s but yes it is also d.o.t legal i have papers stating it held up in court as a legal logging system and im not required to print anything if the want any info they have to call my company not sure of the actual name the icon on my phone says tpm i will have to get the book out of the truck for it and try to remember to post the name on here
    05-25-11 06:46 PM
    i feel kinda dumb now should have looked at last post dates
    05-25-11 06:47 PM
    I use Drivers Daily Log also. I have been useing it for a few years now. I have been checked a number of times and never had a problem with it. The regulations state that the log book software... in both Canada and the USA btw... only needs to have all the required information as laid out in the regulations for log books. At the end of each day the driver must print a copy of the log day and sign it. The driver is also required to keep a hard copy of the last 7 and 14 days for inspection by an officer on request, and must also be able to print out a copy for the officer upon request of the current day.

Now having said all that...I really want to see a log book..I wish DDL would do it, for the Playbook. Now that...would be awesome. I have been thinking of trying to hook up with someone who could write the software that is needed for a Playbook version. I would be willing to sit down and help develop it. I just have no idea as to how to write the software to do it. I would also be willing to take on the marketing roll for it. I think this would catch on if it could be done.
    03-03-12 05:22 PM
    I am an owner operator, my truck that i operate is a very old one that i still drive to this very day, it has twin sticks in it (9 spd with a 5 spd Spicer) it has a 425 Mechanical Caterpillar turned up to a 500 HP. with 355 gears stretched out to a 290 inch wheel base. It's a 1985 model, but it's bought and paid for a long time ago. Concerning DDL (Drivers Daily Log) I also utilize this application for maintaing my hours of service. However, i do not use it as my logbook, i run loose leaf logs for my business. What i use DDL for primairly is basically an editor that i reference my loose leaf logs to in making certain that i am in compliance with the hours of service. Then i use PC-Miler V.20 to reference my whole trip in miles from beginning to end adding total miles up then dividing my average speed to total miles coming up with total time of the trip. Afterwards i reference my total time of travel against my loose leaf logs in making certain that they correspond with one another. Basically ya'll, i'm editing my own logs before they get turned in. This will ensure your logs will always be within the boundaries of the hours of service without being concerned of any violations. So far this system that i utilize has proven to be successful, and i have been audited already, no errors yet, thank god. God speed to all, safe driving.
    Last edited by ssouthrn1428; 05-29-12 at 02:59 AM.
    05-29-12 02:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD