Hey everyone, has anyone else had trouble with slacker 2.0. Since downloading, the radio skips worse than the old app and after a few songs, it kicks my 8900 into a shutdown
    06-01-09 07:34 PM
    that sucks. I haven't tried the new slacker yet.

this section is more for problems with the crackberry site, you might get a better response if you ask in the http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ area
    06-01-09 08:10 PM
    I'll just move this post there.
    06-02-09 10:20 AM
    It's really slow to start playing a station on my Bold (20-30 second delay) but I'm pretty happy with it once it gets going. Have to admit though, I've only listened to it for about 40 minutes since upgrading.
    06-02-09 01:36 PM
    I have problems with it's interactions with autostandby, and.... at first, it seemed there was hardly any delay in between songs, but now that I have used it a few times for extended periods, there is still a noticable gap, and plus they added the huge "UPGRADE" button to your radio controls..... not a great update IMO, I am downgrading.....
    06-02-09 03:12 PM
    Might have spoken too soon... I can't log in any more. My account works on their web site but attempting to sign in from my Bold results in:

Login Failed. (Error Code 500) Failed to process request: java.io.IOException: Timed out
    06-02-09 03:25 PM
    I am having same problem..... confirmed password on desktop but i get the same...

Login Failed. (Error Code 500) Failed to process request: java.io.IOException: Timed out
    06-02-09 04:19 PM
    I also noticed there is still a noticeable gap between songs. It won't stay connnected via bluetooth; it switches to the speaker after each song change. This can be a problem at work or in the quite section of the airport lounge.
    06-02-09 04:28 PM
    Did you uninstall the old version before moving up to 2.0? I was having some problems, but I deleted it, reinstalled, and everything seems to be working fine now. However, I'm on the Curve, not the Bold or 8900.
    06-02-09 08:46 PM
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has run into this problem. It seems that every day since I have downloaded that it makes the phone reboot.
    06-02-09 11:03 PM
    I completely removed Slacker and all slacker files from my memory card before installing the new app..... and I am using curve 8330
    06-03-09 08:58 AM
    I have problems with it's interactions with autostandby, and.... at first, it seemed there was hardly any delay in between songs, but now that I have used it a few times for extended periods, there is still a noticable gap, and plus they added the huge "UPGRADE" button to your radio controls..... not a great update IMO, I am downgrading.....
    I'm having standby and Autostandby problems. AS kicks me to the home screen and stops the music. If I stop the music, and then hit the mute button to go into standby the music starts playing again.
    06-03-09 09:00 AM
    The only way around it that I can find so far is to leave the music paused and let autostandby kick on by itself which will start the music.

OR

Disable AS in Slacker and use the mute button to enter standby mode, leave music paused, then when you hold mute to standby, the music will start.... but it is wayyyy too much of a pain when you want to quickly exit standby to skip songs/change stations etc.
    06-03-09 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD