Verizon Wireless found it helpful to include a number of their applications with my installation of the .148 OS upgrade. I ignored the VZW Ringtone app, and could never get the VZ Song ID app to stop listening and finally identify songs. The only useful tool appeared to be "My Verizon", a mobile app created to allow me to pay my bill, change my services, and monitor my usage. Unfortunately, I've never been able to do much because I receive the error message, "No SSN Error: For further assistance, please contact customer service at *611 from your VZW phone" whenever I try to access some of the modules.

Now, I'm sure you'll be shocked to learn that the Verizon customer support reps that I spoke to were unaware of this issue, and were unable to provide any recommendations. A number of them did recommend that I login using the web, rather than the mobile app their company forced onto my device.

I was hoping that someone on this message board could provide some clarification about SSN settings on BlackBerry devices, and where I could go to reset those permissions for the "My Verizon" app.
    08-02-09 01:49 PM
    Mine works up untill it asks for the billing zip code. I called up Verizon and they told me to uninstall and reinstall, but that didnt work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 01:56 PM
    Well when I first downloaded the app, a message appear saying something similar so I went through the advanced options and changed all the permissions to allow then did a battery pull. When I tried it again the app worked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD