So I have been using TripCase for a month plus and suddenly starting yesterday it can't connect to the internet. I get the following error, TripCase is having difficulty connecting to the Internet. Would you like to go offline?

So first off all my other internet apps work fine, Sportacular, PocketDay, Opera, PageOnce Assistant, so it is not my internet connection. I checked application permissions and all seems fine. I even reset all my firewall permissions, what a pain having to accept everything again. I emailed support and they responded:

You may need to go to the Settings Tool on your Blackberry. Select the 1st option on your settings page which us called Airplane Mode. When airplane mode is on, our app will be in off-line mode.

So, first there is no such setting, Airplane Mode, on a BB so that concerns me about their technical support ability. Secondly, I clearly told them that all other internet type apps were working fine. So my question is simple, anyone else using TripCase and can you open your trips etc. on the internet right now or are they having issues, going there via the web on a PC browser seems to be no problem? Thanks.
    05-18-10 07:24 PM
    Sorry to hear that you are having issues with TripCase. TripCase automatically detect the available connections upon first time use, and depending whether you are a BIS or BES user, it will choose the proper connection channel, and remember that option since then. It only re-try different connections when the previously selected connection is not available.

Are you using a BIS (consumer) device, or BES (corporate) device? If you are a BES user, you may have to talk to your BES admin for proper permissions.

How did you reset your firewall settings? You have to to this through "Options" -> "Security Options" -> "Firewall", and in the menu, choose "reset settings".

If all options fail, you can un-install TripCase and re-install TripCase.

Thanks.

TripCase Support.
    05-19-10 12:24 PM
    Sorry to hear that you are having issues with TripCase. TripCase automatically detect the available connections upon first time use, and depending whether you are a BIS or BES user, it will choose the proper connection channel, and remember that option since then. It only re-try different connections when the previously selected connection is not available.

Are you using a BIS (consumer) device, or BES (corporate) device? If you are a BES user, you may have to talk to your BES admin for proper permissions.

How did you reset your firewall settings? You have to to this through "Options" -> "Security Options" -> "Firewall", and in the menu, choose "reset settings".

If all options fail, you can un-install TripCase and re-install TripCase.

TripCase Support.
    Thanks.

I am a BES user and my security policies have not changed, but this worked for a month and then suddenly stopped. I did reset my firewall settings as you describe above.

I uninstalled, rebooted, and re-installed and still no luck.

Why don't you have connection options for testing networking setting in your app like many others do? I would like to change the connection settings if possible to test and there is no method to do that since you do it behind the scenes.

I really liked it, actually prefer it over what I was using, but unless I can get connected again it looks like I will be out of luck.
    05-19-10 02:26 PM
    Hi,

Same behavior here.

In my case, the problem started to occur when I installed Google Maps on my device.
    After de-installation of both Google Maps and Tripcase, I reinstalled Tripcase, but still I'm having the same connection issue as you describe.

I'm also a BES user and no security or config settings were adjusted manually.

So I'm pretty curious to find out what can be the cause of this issue.
    05-20-10 08:50 AM
    For BES users, the connections are getting a little trickier:
    TripCase will try to connect through all the other connection options (BIS-B, TCP-IP, WAP2, etc.) before trying connecting through your corporate BES server. If one of these *other* options is available, TripCase will remember it and stick to it, unless that option becomes unavailable (for whatever reason).

If it so happens that at certain moment all the other options are not available, TripCase will try to connect through your corporate BES server, and it will prompt you about this (You have to option to deny it). If you allow it, it will *try* to connect through BES server. Now it comes the tricky part: According to BlackBerry security policy, once an application tries to connect through BES server (it does not matter whether it succeeds or not), the application MUST always connect through BES server from that point forward, otherwise it will cause split-pipe issue! (security breach).

To make things worse, not all companies allow *internet* (note: not intranet) connection through their BES server. If the internet connection is blocked by the BES server, TripCase will not be able to connect to the server. Hence it will stop working.

If this happens, the *only* option to make TripCase work again is: re-install your device OS, because that security policy is only reset when the OS is re-installed. (This is a known feature for BlackBerry BES device).

Hope this answers the question.
    05-20-10 02:19 PM
    That simply means "No more tripcase for me!". Sorry guys, you are loosing a client.
    11-20-13 05:01 AM
    BB Travel is not picking up my Tripcase arrangements either. I get some other email accounts associated w/ it, but nothing from Tripcase. Too bad.
    03-24-14 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD