TringMe Product - BlackBerry Mobile VoIP

Has anyone tried this before? It looks relatively new, and the first native VoIP client for the BB.
    08-22-10 08:54 PM
    TringMe Product - BlackBerry Mobile VoIP

Has anyone tried this before? It looks relatively new, and the first native VoIP client for the BB.
    Just tried it, however wifi calling is not supported for OS 5.0
    08-22-10 09:40 PM
    It works on 5.0
    08-27-10 07:30 PM
    1 cent a minute for US calls isn't bad. But with Sprints Any Mobile Any Time, I never even get close to using all my minutes. Sorry if that sounded like a commercial lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-10 08:01 PM
    I'm also waiting for 5.0 compatibility.
    08-27-10 10:48 PM
    @don_poky:
    What do you want to say with "It is for 5.0"?
    I can confirm also that is not working on my Bold 9000 OS5, says not for 5.0!
    08-29-10 06:23 PM
    Not working on my Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.822. "This feature is not supported in Blackberry OS (5.0 & above.)"
    08-30-10 08:42 AM
    With TringMe, there is no way to log onto my company's SIP PBX which is inside our own network. I also don't like the fact that I have to give my account information when using my own SIP provider, and no 3G support. Otherwise, good work.
    09-01-10 11:15 AM
    The just released version 1.04 but I still have problems with it in my 9550.

It only imported the first 30 contacts from my BB list.

And there are still some option I cannot select - like entering my verification code for caller ID setup.

And to top it all off, it initiates calls on wifi but they fail before even connecting. Failed-DEVRESTR E001 is the message.

I want this to work so badly.
    09-16-10 01:36 PM
    Blackvoib is a proper sip client for BB that works with os5. Going to give this a try and see how it compares. Im quite pleased with blackvoib so far.

well installed and tried it out on my 9700. Wifi calling worked fine. Quality was very good.
    Last edited by jasonvw; 09-16-10 at 10:17 PM.
    09-16-10 10:02 PM
    I agree with jasonvw works fine for me too.
    09-17-10 01:21 PM
    Blackvoib is a proper sip client for BB that works with os5. Going to give this a try and see how it compares. Im quite pleased with blackvoib so far.

well installed and tried it out on my 9700. Wifi calling worked fine. Quality was very good.
    I agree with jasonvw works fine for me too.
    So Tringme works fine for both of you?!
    09-17-10 01:58 PM
    So Tringme works fine for both of you?!
    Yeah no issues at all with the app. I'm running 5.0.0.862.

Its a nice app. Like the integration it does. So I can just dial a numer from the homescreen and click menu and choose to make the call with tringme. What I need to do is find a list of all their rates and if the credit expires.

Really impressed by this and blackvoib. The quality is fantastic. Something I didn't get with any of the android apps I used and I used them all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-10 06:32 AM
    After I install it, it does not go past the tringme screen. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by jukman; 09-18-10 at 06:11 PM.
    09-18-10 10:53 AM
    It seems to work well, the only thing I havent figured out how to do is call other tringme users over wifi. I have emailed the developers but yet to have a reply as of yet.
    If you download the app you get a free 25 cents credit so that you can try the program out. Called my parents overseas on wifi and worked great.
    The costs are minimal 1-2cents a minute so well worth it and will definitely purchase credits assuming that the developers can tell me how to make tring to tring wifi calls.
    09-18-10 09:33 PM
    @Driekus I am still not getting past the Tringme screen. I registered through the web and installed the app on my BB 9700 afterward. I even did a complete wipe of my phone. Can you please let me know how you installed it?
    09-19-10 01:01 AM
    Hi jukman, have you tried the latest version 1.0.4. In case you are stuck on login screen, just click on the link mentioned in welcome email and then try again using the WiFi or the data network.

If you still face the problem, please send us an email at support @ tringme . com and we will be work with you to get you up.

Thanks
    Dave
    09-19-10 02:07 AM
    Same problem on Blackberry 9300, os 5.0.0.832.
    The software gets stuck into the welcome page, before any type of login.

Any solution for this?
    09-19-10 04:34 AM
    im having the same problem cant get pass the Tringme screen on my 8520 OS 5.0.0.592!!
    09-19-10 01:40 PM
    I have it downloaded ok but when I try to call with WiFi it dials but I get Failed-DEVRESTR E001 anyone have any ideas about this.
    09-19-10 03:22 PM
    Hi jukman, have you tried the latest version 1.0.4. In case you are stuck on login screen, just click on the link mentioned in welcome email and then try again using the WiFi or the data network.

If you still face the problem, please send us an email at support @ tringme . com and we will be work with you to get you up.

Thanks
    Dave
    Hi, thanks for your reply. I actually downloaded the latest version three times after having wiped my device. I followed your instructions of logging on to Tringme through the webpage. After having done so i launched the program in my BB again and still did not get past the Tringme screen. I opened a ticket with you yesterday (#123695) so far I have not gotten a reply. Could you please help me out?
    09-19-10 09:42 PM
    OK guys, after having received an email from Tringme Tech support with a simple question I finally figured out how to configure the app on my BB. Here it goes:

1. Make sure you have an email associated to your device. I am not sure if it must be an email registered via BIS. However that is what worked for me.

2. Make sure you register your email account by signing up using the same email account you use for your BIS

3. Logon to the Tringme site through your BB browser using the email you registered with

4. Launch the app and you should be done.

You will have $0.25 to test out the application. The quality is quite good.

I hope this helps all of you. If you have any questions I am more than willing to help you answer them.
    Last edited by jukman; 09-21-10 at 01:32 AM.
    09-21-10 12:11 AM
    Thanks for your kindness.
    So I suppose that is impossible to use TringMe without BIS..
    09-21-10 02:54 AM
    Thanks for your kindness.
    So I suppose that is impossible to use TringMe without BIS..
    I am really not sure. It did not work without it for me. However in the Trinme website they claim that BIS isn't necessary. I suggest you send them their support team a brief email.
    09-21-10 10:48 AM
    You can download it from here

bb.tringme.com

chose you OS
    09-22-10 04:28 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD