Has anyone tried this app

TringMe - Web based Telephony

According to the site users can have free VOIP calls to other users (landline and mobile calls are charged) but I dont get how to call anyone except landline or mobile on my blackberry using this app
    10-31-10 04:09 PM
    I've never used it but if landline and mobile phone calls are charged, then perhaps the person you're talking to must be using this same service and you contact them through that? That would be about the only method I could think of that makes sense.
    10-31-10 04:58 PM
    I used it on a trial, I had to buy a block of minutes because I did not have another voip supplier. Worked all right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-10 05:00 PM
    I get that, I wanted to ask, if for r.g you have tring me on you BB and I have it on mine, according to their site, we should be able to perfrom free calls over WiFi. But i don't get it how
    11-01-10 08:26 AM
    I got an answer why isn't working

"We are upgrading our infrastructure and hence FREE calls between TringMe users (including Blackberry application users) has been temporarily disabled. It will be enabled soon. Due to huge response - over 100K downloads in 3 weeks of our application launch, we are forced to upgrade our infrastructure for smooth operations. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and we will inform you very soon once we re-enable it with more information. It's important to note that all other calls, including direct WiFi calls to phone numbers are working just fine. Only free calls between TringMe users has been temporarily disabled. We appreciate your patience.
    -Dave"
    11-01-10 08:46 AM
    I tried it on my 9650 Bold and it didn't work.
    11-01-10 12:48 PM
    I tried it twice since I installed it and it worked fine (both calls to land lines).

I was looking around for a VoIP app in preparation for a business trip to Germany.
    I was hoping to find something I could use cost effectively and this seemed to fit the bill based on its description.
    I am heading out on Saturday night and will be trying it out on Sunday sometime.
    I'll post more then.
    11-01-10 02:51 PM
    I've just tried this and its says insufficient funds, what does that mean exactly?
    03-16-11 06:06 AM
    I have it and have used it for outgoing calls only. I don't know if it can be used for incoming calls? Does Tringme intercept the incoming calls? I doubt it. I am not sure but I bet all incoming calls use your regular provider's minutes plan?? while outgoing calls only are VOIP? It does not explain on Tringme site. If this is so then what good is Tringme??
    03-16-11 05:18 PM
    i've already install tringme on my blackberry curve 8520 device, but when i try to call to my roommate (he has tringme too) it's impossible because we have a red light at the top of the screen, and the incoming calls are disabled. my question is the next, how can i put able the incoming calls? and how can i call my roommate?
    thank you and sorry for my english
    03-21-11 04:19 PM
    Moving to BB Apps
    03-21-11 10:43 PM
    Does not work in the UAE
    03-21-11 10:58 PM
    @1807: Calls over WiFi/3G between Blackberry TringMe users is free (when calls are made using the 876xxxxxxx number or by using the TringMe customized number). However, if you make calls to any other landline or mobile numbers, you will need to have credits to make the calls.
    @barbarianthemadserb: Calls over WiFi/3G between Blackberry TringMe users by dialing your respective 876xxxxxxx numbers allotted by TringMe will not be charged. Or, placing and receiving calls using your TringMe customized number (your native number set as your caller ID) will not be charged.
    @lepetit: What kind of connectivity (WiFi/3G) do you have? Check if your Blackberry has established a successful connection with the network and retry. If problem still persists, visit tringmesupport.com and submit a ticket.
    03-22-11 01:12 AM
    I've installed and still been using it on my 9780.
    To get free calls you need wifi and app installed caller/receiver's devices.
    You can make/receive free call over wifi with the tringme number,starts 876xxx(must be shared before)
    But it is not working simultaneously.Your voice is sent between approx.2 or 4 seconds later to receiver.
    If you have lower or higher wifi connection, that period gets shorter or longer.

That's what I experienced from tringme but that's ok for me as a BlackBerry user for now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 02:13 AM
    I have installed Tringme 1.6.1 Beta on a BB 9800 and it works fine for free calls at least.

A curiosity.
    If I go directly into the Contacts application, I can choose to call the Tringme number (one of four numbers) of a friend using either Tringme or my local carrier. Clearly I will call using Tringme.
    If I instead go directly into the Tringme application, and select that friend, I see only two numbers. What's going on? Can Tringme see only two or three numbers for each person?

Now if BB were to produce an update that were to install a Tringme category, or at least a category for a telephone number whose name is configurable, or if Tringme were able to bolt that into the BB Contacts application, that would be wonderful.

Whether I get a green or red light with Tringme when I start the application up seems a bit hit and miss, even I am only 5 metres away from the wi-fi router.
    05-24-11 11:44 AM
    Hhm. This is not working so well after all. In the set up Options, one has to choose to route either international or all calls through Tringme. If I choose to route all calls through Tringme, when I then go into the BB's native Phone application and try to make a local call (over wi-fi), taking care to select the call via my local carrier and NOT Tringme to do so, Tringme somehow takes precedence over the local carrier and adds a prefix consisting of various numerals. The effect of this is that I get an error when making the local call.

The other interesting feature of Tringme is that the icon next to the person I am trying to call is never green, even though I can see that the Tringme icon on her phone is green ie she is online and with a good wifi connection.
    05-25-11 09:06 AM
    I got an answer why isn't working

"We are upgrading our infrastructure and hence FREE calls between TringMe users (including Blackberry application users) has been temporarily disabled. It will be enabled soon. Due to huge response - over 100K downloads in 3 weeks of our application launch, we are forced to upgrade our infrastructure for smooth operations. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and we will inform you very soon once we re-enable it with more information. It's important to note that all other calls, including direct WiFi calls to phone numbers are working just fine. Only free calls between TringMe users has been temporarily disabled. We appreciate your patience.
    -Dave"
    tringme sucks it doesnt work good i have posted them for a refund will see if i get it
    11-09-11 08:11 PM
    it sucks it doesnt work i put 20 dallors and want a refund
    11-09-11 08:15 PM
    i activated in my laptop to test, tried to call my cell from laptop, charge = 32 cents per minute for first 15 min, account has insufficient funds.....
    this is stupid.........
    i am looking for a good voip app for blackberry
    04-12-12 03:09 AM
    I tested it on my BOLD 9000 and my TORCH 9810.
    BOLD worked, torch did not.

It does allow for VOIP calls (free) between Tringme users and works of WIFI or 3G.
    However this is just another Half-Duplex VOIP app meaning you get to talk "walkie-talkie" style. Only one voicestream at a time.

It's buggy, but overall the first semi-decent working VOIP app on blackberry.
    04-12-12 06:39 AM
    Not so..

MobileVOIP (in appworld) works very well, full duplex for calls over wifi

+ good call quality
    + true voip calls over wifi
    + very low rates $0.04 to connect and <$0.01/min
    + can send outgoing texts

- No incoming calls
    - No incoming texts
    - need to deposit funds in voip provider

I used this extensively travelling in the caribbean and made calls to USA and UK from 9930

worthe trying of you are either international roaming (on your own money) or calling family overseas

It's buggy, but overall the first semi-decent working VOIP app on blackberry.
    04-13-12 07:21 AM
    Not so..

MobileVOIP (in appworld) works very well, full duplex for calls over wifi

+ good call quality
    + true voip calls over wifi
    + very low rates $0.04 to connect and <$0.01/min
    + can send outgoing texts

- No incoming calls
    - No incoming texts
    - need to deposit funds in voip provider

I used this extensively travelling in the caribbean and made calls to USA and UK from 9930

worthe trying of you are either international roaming (on your own money) or calling family overseas
    I stand half corrected lol.
    No incoming calls or texts are the dealbreaker here.

I do applaud the full duplex capability.
    04-14-12 06:49 AM
    now you're being picky!..lol..

and for sure incoming is better, but dont you know how long we have waited for this service?

for solid comms apps BB users have certainly been in the "beggars cant be choosers" category...

I stand half corrected lol.
    No incoming calls or texts are the dealbreaker here.

I do applaud the full duplex capability.
    04-14-12 07:19 AM
    now you're being picky!..lol..

and for sure incoming is better, but dont you know how long we have waited for this service?

for solid comms apps BB users have certainly been in the "beggars cant be choosers" category...
    I am.
    We have.

04-14-12 07:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD