i wish more people utilized this app in my area. hopefully, it will become more widely used in the near to far future
    02-23-10 03:01 PM
    i wish more people utilized this app in my area. hopefully, it will become more widely used in the near to far future
    All it takes is 2-3 people that take the same commute each day for Trapster to work. If you a few friends from work report traps on their morning commute, and you take a similar route, that's all you need.

Thanks for the feedback!
    02-23-10 03:20 PM
    i'm really liking this app so far! There's only a few reports in my town so i've been reporting the hot spots.

Looking forward to some updates that others have suggested!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 10:01 AM
    I've installed Trapster and seem to have a 2nd browser screen open that I can't get closed. It ran my battery down to nothing last nite. I did try to close it and thought it closed. But I've got 2 screens running. Do I need to turn the GPS off on Trapster when I'm not actually using it in the car? Is that what's eating my battery; the GPS running even if the app appears closed?
    Last edited by SapphireStar; 04-03-10 at 08:25 AM. Reason: add question
    04-01-10 05:23 PM
    This is a great app (I have a Storm I) but it completely hogs up the phone's memory. I dislike always having to use my BB Desktop Manager to clear the phones RMS folder due to trapster. It would be awesome if the software would clear this folder upon exiting (or even after a battery pull... which doesn't clear it either).

Other than memory issues, great app.
    05-30-10 07:33 AM
    I've installed Trapster and seem to have a 2nd browser screen open that I can't get closed. It ran my battery down to nothing last nite. I did try to close it and thought it closed. But I've got 2 screens running. Do I need to turn the GPS off on Trapster when I'm not actually using it in the car? Is that what's eating my battery; the GPS running even if the app appears closed?
    Hi,
    You should not have a second browser running on your berry could you explain more .I use trapster on my 8330 and also help out as a Mod on trapster so I might be able to help.I dont turn my GPS off on my 8330 although I use a puck to connect to trapster.The GPS is always on on my berry but you could experiment some and see if you notice a difference. The trapster app should shut down when you exit it with the trapster app open so you see the trapster map on your screen then push the black berry menu button (7 dots 0n it) and scroll down till you see exit and click on it.

Also you can check to make sure what apps are running on your berry by holding down the "alt key" and the "backspace key" at the same time once the window opens you can take your finger off the "backspace key" and scroll over the "open apps" that are currently showing as running on your berry
    Last edited by DavidNC; 05-30-10 at 09:42 AM.
    05-30-10 09:40 AM
    i still to this date have gps problems. i usually have close to full service, and i have both gps related options enabled in settings, neither helps. i just never seems to be able to find my location. if i load google maps, for instance, it seems just about instant. this seems to be the only app that does this on my Tour 9630 os5 *shrug*.

just wish i understood why it doesn't ever seem to get my location
    05-30-10 10:57 AM
    i still to this date have gps problems. i usually have close to full service, and i have both gps related options enabled in settings, neither helps. i just never seems to be able to find my location. if i load google maps, for instance, it seems just about instant. this seems to be the only app that does this on my Tour 9630 os5 *shrug*.

just wish i understood why it doesn't ever seem to get my location
    What OS are you using on your tour ? A coworker has a tour and could not get trapster to work on some of the 5.0 (it did work fine on the default OS though) I forgot which 5.0 OS they are using now but it works on it . I just have the one GPS setting checked(the allow assisted is unticked)>In the Advanced settings What Http;extension is showing?What version are you using?There is an 3.7.6 version out now just recently released.Have you been to the trapster website? There is a trouble shooting guide there as well that your question may have already been answered.
    Last edited by DavidNC; 05-30-10 at 02:34 PM.
    05-30-10 02:29 PM
    What OS are you using on your tour ? A coworker has a tour and could not get trapster to work on some of the 5.0 (it did work fine on the default OS though) I forgot which 5.0 OS they are using now but it works on it . I just have the one GPS setting checked(the allow assisted is unticked)>In the Advanced settings What Http;extension is showing?What version are you using?There is an 3.7.6 version out now just recently released.Have you been to the trapster website? There is a trouble shooting guide there as well that your question may have already been answered.
    latest official verizon wireless vers (5.0.0.591). was runnin older vers of trapster 3.7.3 - just upgraded to 3.7.6, which prob shouldn't make a huge dif in terms of gps abilities.
    my http ext: was set to bis-b -- changed it to direct tcp but didn't make a dif either...any ideas?
    05-30-10 03:13 PM
    My coworker said the .591 was the one he couldn't get it to work on he tried twice. The .643 os though he said it works good on but that's how he fixed it.
    I don't know enough myself to say if that would fix yours or not though .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-10 05:03 PM
    hi all,

my blackberry bold 9000 is unable to enter into the trapster screen once i used my data plan to access. instead when using the wifi connection, i am able to access trapster. but apparantly when using the data connection, my phone just got stuck at the downloads folder when i select the trapster icon to go into the application. anyone could advise or help me on this?

Thanks.
    06-01-10 09:21 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD