I have a tendency to agree that a lighterweight highly functional app is my preference as well. The only improvement in "eye candy" I would like (and this was mentioned before) is making the squad car eye larger to be more in line with other apps and "nighttime mode" would be nice as well.

I LOVE the app though! Thanks.
    01-11-10 09:32 AM
    I have a tendency to agree that a lighterweight highly functional app is my preference as well. The only improvement in "eye candy" I would like (and this was mentioned before) is making the squad car eye larger to be more in line with other apps and "nighttime mode" would be nice as well.

I LOVE the app though! Thanks.
    Thank you guys for the feedback. It has been heard loud and clear.
    01-12-10 12:57 PM
    Love the app... Worked great one my recent trip. Agree on keeping it light weight. Here is couple of things I noticed that may or could use improving.
    Map refresh speed. There were often times I would see my blinking blue dot and the speed trap icons but no map. Map load times were slow. Maybe a network thing I don't know.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Trapster works based on user input, user spots a speed trap, they report the trap. Well I wanted to report a trap but found it difficult to do while driving. Maybe have a one key press trap report? Instead of navigating through menus to report the trap, one key press and it will report it at the last gps location.

I think other than that, it works great...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 05:20 PM
    Love the app... Worked great one my recent trip. Agree on keeping it light weight. Here is couple of things I noticed that may or could use improving.
    Map refresh speed. There were often times I would see my blinking blue dot and the speed trap icons but no map. Map load times were slow. Maybe a network thing I don't know.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Trapster works based on user input, user spots a speed trap, they report the trap. Well I wanted to report a trap but found it difficult to do while driving. Maybe have a one key press trap report? Instead of navigating through menus to report the trap, one key press and it will report it at the last gps location.

I think other than that, it works great...

Hi Chip,

Thanks for the feedback. We are getting a lot of feedback requesting a one button live police report. You always have the option of calling in to report traps via our 1-800 tip line. more info: Trapster� - Login To Your Account
    01-12-10 05:28 PM
    I did not know that, calling to report traps. Nifty option to call but still a little hassle. Having to press end to get to a call screen then dial... Option I will try none the less. Thanks...

01-12-10 05:32 PM
    I haven't had problems reporting speed traps. Press "1", click the trackball twice to accept - I barely have to look away from the road to report a speed trap.
    01-12-10 06:05 PM
    I haven't had problems reporting speed traps. Press "1", click the trackball twice to accept - I barely have to look away from the road to report a speed trap.
    Thanks for the feedback Xopher!
    01-12-10 06:33 PM
    Sean,

I downloaded the upgrade again today. It opens up and works just fine if I have a wifi connection. As long as the app is open even after I lose the wifi connection it continues to work. If I try to open the app without being near a wifi connection it won't open and locks up the BB.

I did try changing the http extension to deviceside=true as we discussed on page 2 of this thread. No change in the problem. Noticed that I could not change the custom http extension. Could this be the issue? I have to believe it has something to do with how it gains it's original connection due to the fact that I have no problem opening if I am near wifi. IDEN network is slow so maybe that's the problem. Do you have any other 8350i problems like this?

Sorry to pester you with this, but I love this app and use it almost daily. Don't mind using the older version, but I like the new one better. LOL!
    01-13-10 12:46 AM
    Sean,

I downloaded the upgrade again today. It opens up and works just fine if I have a wifi connection. As long as the app is open even after I lose the wifi connection it continues to work. If I try to open the app without being near a wifi connection it won't open and locks up the BB.

I did try changing the http extension to deviceside=true as we discussed on page 2 of this thread. No change in the problem. Noticed that I could not change the custom http extension. Could this be the issue? I have to believe it has something to do with how it gains it's original connection due to the fact that I have no problem opening if I am near wifi. IDEN network is slow so maybe that's the problem. Do you have any other 8350i problems like this?

Sorry to pester you with this, but I love this app and use it almost daily. Don't mind using the older version, but I like the new one better. LOL!
    You are not pestering, this is something that other users might be going through, so it is good that we are hashing it out.

It does sound like a network issue. We have not heard any other 8350i issues like this.

I am going to explore the settings here, I need to explore the reason why the custom http field is not changeable for you...
    01-13-10 01:03 PM
    If you are having issues with Trapster on your BlackBerry, be sure to check out our new support area: Community-powered support for Trapster
    01-25-10 01:55 PM
    I used it several times. The alert is saturated to the extend that I was overwhelmed.

It's a nice app.
    hi Jasonsnider,

Thanks for the feedback!

Remember you can customize the traps you have displayed by going into settings--> trap filters

Thanks,

Sean
    01-25-10 04:42 PM
    You are not pestering, this is something that other users might be going through, so it is good that we are hashing it out.

It does sound like a network issue. We have not heard any other 8350i issues like this.

I am going to explore the settings here, I need to explore the reason why the custom http field is not changeable for you...
    Sean
    I have tried to contact you through GoogleTalk on the Trapster Support screen name, thought this would be easier than a back and forth here. I have deleted and reinstalled 3.6.2 and and this time am able to change the custom http extension. So both http extension and custom http extension are now set to ;deviceside=true. Still no joy. I am going to try all of the settings since I am around a good wifi connection today and can test with and without using it.

Andrew

01-25-10 05:41 PM
    Sean
    I have tried to contact you through GoogleTalk on the Trapster Support screen name, thought this would be easier than a back and forth here. I have deleted and reinstalled 3.6.2 and and this time am able to change the custom http extension. So both http extension and custom http extension are now set to ;deviceside=true. Still no joy. I am going to try all of the settings since I am around a good wifi connection today and can test with and without using it.

Andrew
    Hey Andrew,

Keep me updated on your results.

Best thing to do would be to post this in our new support area: Community-powered support for Trapster

we will get to the bottom of it there.

If you would like to contact me on aim: my screen name is: SPFtraptser

Thanks,

Sean
    01-25-10 06:03 PM
    Hey Andrew,

Keep me updated on your results.

Best thing to do would be to post this in our new support area: Community-powered support for Trapster

we will get to the bottom of it there.

If you would like to contact me on aim: my screen name is: SPFtraptser

Thanks,

Sean
    Thanks Sean,

I have posted there under the already created thread concerning 8350i model by Marcelones. So far no joy with ;deviceside=false either. Same issue. As I don't use BIS for connection do you have any suggestions?

01-25-10 06:31 PM
    Something else I think would be good is variable distances for different flags. I think it is great to be warned about police traps and stuff 1/4 mile ahead of time, but makes more sense to have red light camera notifications closer to the camera itself. A 1/4 mile distance from a red light camera can be several blocks away from the actual red light camera intersection.

If I were to shorten down the main setting for distance, the trap warnings wouldn't go off until you were right on top of the marked spot. It would be better if camera and cop notices were parsed separately.
    01-25-10 06:57 PM
    I can't change the volume of the notification. It is stuck at 100%. I tried scrolling left and right when the box is selected and it does nothing. I am using a bold 2. How do i fix this problem?
    01-28-10 08:11 PM
    Down loaded this app and used it a few times already; once on a 180 mile round trip journey. Overall a decent app, but the refresh rate needs to be improved a little. I was also having trouble with the audible alerts. I didn't hear many at all when i thought i should have. Although that could be user error on my part. Need to read more about how to use it. I was in fairly good coverage but lost the signal frequently and had to "find me" quite often.

One last thing, the blue light could be a little larger, but then again am using it on the small tour screen.

Thanks for the app.
    02-01-10 08:25 PM
    On the account confirmation on the mobile app, I had to confirm with the code about 3 times or so before the confirm popup finally went away.

Personally I wouldn't mind being able to increase the scroll sensitivity. Scrolling across large areas can be pretty slow.

My first impression is that the app is very useful and I like it, but i find the maps to be slow to update compared to other mapping apps. In other words when I scroll around, the time it takes for the speed traps and the maps themselves to update seems to take pretty long.
    Last edited by papped; 02-02-10 at 12:39 AM.
    02-01-10 08:53 PM
    This is great app. I use it all the time. Keep the good work!
    02-02-10 08:53 PM
    Down loaded this app and used it a few times already; once on a 180 mile round trip journey. Overall a decent app, but the refresh rate needs to be improved a little. I was also having trouble with the audible alerts. I didn't hear many at all when i thought i should have. Although that could be user error on my part. Need to read more about how to use it. I was in fairly good coverage but lost the signal frequently and had to "find me" quite often.

One last thing, the blue light could be a little larger, but then again am using it on the small tour screen.

Thanks for the app.
    Audible alerts - Police often hide here alerts are off by default. You can customize your audio alerts by going into your setting--> Trap Filters

GPS location - Any command will stop the app from following your GPS location. You will need to "find me" after any command.

Thanks for the suggestion about making your GPS location icon larger.

THanks,

Sean
    02-03-10 06:55 PM
    Something else I think would be good is variable distances for different flags. I think it is great to be warned about police traps and stuff 1/4 mile ahead of time, but makes more sense to have red light camera notifications closer to the camera itself. A 1/4 mile distance from a red light camera can be several blocks away from the actual red light camera intersection.

If I were to shorten down the main setting for distance, the trap warnings wouldn't go off until you were right on top of the marked spot. It would be better if camera and cop notices were parsed separately.
    Thank you for the suggestion!
    02-03-10 07:00 PM
    On the account confirmation on the mobile app, I had to confirm with the code about 3 times or so before the confirm popup finally went away.

Personally I wouldn't mind being able to increase the scroll sensitivity. Scrolling across large areas can be pretty slow.

My first impression is that the app is very useful and I like it, but i find the maps to be slow to update compared to other mapping apps. In other words when I scroll around, the time it takes for the speed traps and the maps themselves to update seems to take pretty long.
    Thank you for the feedback.
    02-03-10 07:03 PM
    I love the app but it is a huge battery drain on a bold 9000.

02-23-10 01:28 PM
    I love the app but it is a huge battery drain on a bold 9000.

Thanks for the support!

Yes, we recommend using an in car phone charger. Also a phone dock is a must have for me. Available on our site, through amazon: trapster.com - Speed Trap Sharing System
    02-23-10 01:31 PM
    Thanks for the support!

Yes, we recommend using an in car phone charger. Also a phone dock is a must have for me. Available on our site, through amazon: trapster.com - Speed Trap Sharing System
    That's what I have been doing, the key is remembering to exit the app when I am not driving. Also, my wife has it on her iphone and just loves it.

02-23-10 02:59 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD