hi, i was wondering if anyone has heard of app called Trapcall and can it be used for the 8900?
    02-17-09 11:16 AM
    I just googled it and found it to work with my bold
    Only thing is if you use YouMail you can't have your calls forwarded to your youmail box. Its a cool app though, youmail is just more important to me.
    02-17-09 01:55 PM
    i guess i will give it a try and see what the verdict is!
    02-17-09 03:00 PM
    I just signed up with TrapCall on my 8900 about an hour ago. I tested it out by calling me cell from my house line and my husband's cell (*67). Worked like a charm both times.
    02-18-09 08:09 PM
    Sounds like a cool app but I do love my YouMail.

I'll just keep on ignoring the few blocked calls I get
    02-18-09 09:19 PM
    It works great with the bold but it's not really device specific it should work with any mobile. I manage a collection agency and we have to block our number as we are prohibited from leaving a message of any sort (i.e. our # on a caller id). Now it's a whole new ball game lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 11:30 PM
    I have it and works wonder. I had people that didn't want to give me their # and i surprised
    Them by calling them back 15min later

02-19-09 03:15 AM
    I attempted to register - but got the message that it will not work with Verizon.

Bummer. was looking forward to trying this out!
    02-19-09 08:19 AM
    just started using it on my bold and love it always get annoying calls from telemarketers at the wrong times and annoying prank calls from random ppl whom i can call back now
    02-19-09 09:30 AM
    Not sure but it may only work on GSM since it has you enable feature code 004 (GSM Feature Codes) Right now it seems to only work with AT&T and T-Mobile. They have the other carriers in there, and I tried updating my account to those carriers and it kept coming back "Unsupported."

ANYWAY....

If you sign up, you'll get a PIN for the account sent to your voicemail. That PIN is your password for the account, and is later emailed to you.

If you log in to your account (https://www.trapcall.com/user/login) you can see the real caller id Name/Number as you would on your home CID device. This is only if you let the call forward to the service (hitting your Ignore button or letting it go off to voicemail)

If you answer the call, it never goes that far so you won't have a record online.

If you use their SpoofCard service, it definitely won't be uncovered. So, this may be the answer for the Collection Agencies. There's a "freebie" trial on their spoofcard website.

I signed up for the free TrapCall service which gets you the unmasking feature.

I suppose I could answer more for people who don't have it But there is a 15-day free trial for the pay accounts, and it is trivially easy to set up and/or deactivate if you think it's not right for you.

-m
    02-19-09 09:37 AM
    Is there something like this for canadian users??

02-20-09 04:20 PM
    Just tried this and it works. I also have youmail and they both work together.
    08-19-09 07:46 PM
    MY girlfriend just tried it out and it failed. I called her from a number here at work that comes up on my phone (we both have 8320's) as "unknown" ,and it did show the number on hers. However, I than called her from my cell phone and dialed "*67" first and it still showed up blocked on her phone.

EDIT:Nevermind. She got it working. Works just like it says it does.
    Last edited by Harry_Yambag; 09-02-09 at 02:45 PM.
    09-02-09 01:10 PM
    I tried this on Verizon and it was a hit or miss due to some problems with the voicemail numbers they were using from Verizon
    09-02-09 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD