I recently had to get my Bold 9700 warranty replaced and was unable to transfer Vlingo Plus over to my new BB. I contacted Vlingo support and was told that I would need to re-purchase it for my new BB.

$20, OK. It's a great app that I used quite often. $40, I'm sorry, no.

Well, I accidentally figured out a work around. This isn't a hack or illegal (that I can see) because I have a license that was previously purchased.

I'm just seeing what kind of interest there is in this. How many others are/were in the same boat as me?
    08-25-11 12:36 PM
    Attached Instructions (Updated)
    Last edited by ComputerJAM; 08-29-11 at 01:50 PM.
    08-25-11 12:47 PM
    I am having the same problem. I contacted Vlingo but they said I had to get my PIN updated from Handango but its been 4 days and nothing from them after 3 requests. I tried your instructions but it didn't work. I put in my old PIN and it said what yours said but when i clicked on the old link just asked me to purchase again. Did you do anything else to get it working?

Kind of ridiculous when you pay for a software and you can't use it when you switch Blackberry's.
    08-28-11 08:38 PM
    I am having the same problem. I contacted Vlingo but they said I had to get my PIN updated from Handango but its been 4 days and nothing from them after 3 requests. I tried your instructions but it didn't work. I put in my old PIN and it said what yours said but when i clicked on the old link just asked me to purchase again. Did you do anything else to get it working?

Kind of ridiculous when you pay for a software and you can't use it when you switch Blackberry's.
    I typed the instructions as misleading (I'll try and update it). It should read:

Change the URL and enter your PREVIOUS Blackberry's PIN number. It should say something like "Your device is currently licensed" or something similar. Then replace the old PIN with your current Blackberry's PIN number, within the same URL and refresh the page, it should say the same thing!

Let me know if that works for you; as I was typing all of that by memory after I was surprised that it had worked.
    08-29-11 01:49 PM
    Yeah, that's exactly what keeps me from buying this app. That's BS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 04:41 PM
    I bought Vlingo Plus in App World. It installed without problem when I switched from the 9800 > 9810. Another reason I prefer buying from App World over MobiHand.
    08-30-11 09:39 AM
    I got a PM from miamibest that he/she got it working. They just had to clear the browser cookies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 04:57 AM
    Thank You! I have tried to contact Vlingo, and they said contact Handango. I contact Handango, and get no response. Recontact Vlingo, get the same canned response I got before (basically, a copy and paste of their website instructions. Uh, if it didn't work before, why would it magically work now?)

I will never buy anything again from Vlingo or from Handango, if this is their idea of "customer service."

Thanks again - this worked great!
    10-12-11 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD