Hello all,

I am considering having my Storm replaced because I am getting dust under the screen and my BB Menu and End buttons intermittently do not work. My concern is with 10 apps I have purchased that I do not want to lose because they are registered to my old Storm's PIN. Does anyone know the process to register the old apps to the new phone, or will the apps be lost in transit?

Thanks!
    07-14-09 06:45 AM
    It depends on where you got the app from. Most apps don't marry themselves to a PIn. those that do usually require you to go to the website where you purchased it and register the new PIN. You should then get a new registration code, from the site, based on the new PIN.
    07-14-09 07:28 AM
    Thanks I appreciate the help! I figured it wouldn't be anything impossible, but I wasn't sure if you could transfer.
    07-14-09 07:57 AM
    Couldn't you just do a backup of all the apps(via device switch wizard), then reinstall on the new phone?
    07-14-09 08:55 AM
    Couldn't you just do a backup of all the apps(via device switch wizard), then reinstall on the new phone?
    That is what my plan was, except that I thought the software was registered to a PIN. Some apps I have downloaded do not require an activation code, but are not free; so I figured that it must be tied to my PIN. Otherwise, what is stopping someone from purchasing the software and sharing it with everyone else who has a BB?
    07-14-09 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD