Heya! My phone recently crashed. I brought it to the ATT store and they gave me a new one. Problem is I dont have a backup (phone crashed while attempting to update/backup), so I no longer have my contacts.

My gmail has all of my contacts w/ phone numbers. My phone was linked to gmail (somehow) and they worked hand in hand. Was wondering if I can get my contacts into this new phone via gmail?
    12-29-09 07:50 PM
    install the google sync and sync from your acct.
    12-29-09 07:59 PM
    Yes you can. Add your Gmail account from the AT&T BIS site (google at&t bis if you don't have it bookmarked.) During the account add process you'll have the opportunity to tick the "sync contacts" box. Do so. Save the account. On your device go to email settings. Login using your same BIS login information. If all went well, you'll be asked upon login if you want to synch your contacts with Gmail. Accept that with the Yes. Complete the setup and gracefully exit out of email settings. The sync process will begin shortly thereafter. Good luck.
    12-29-09 08:00 PM
    you guys are great, thank you! saved me some frustration haha.
    12-29-09 08:04 PM
    This thread should get a sticky, IMHO. It's very good information.
    12-30-09 12:26 AM
    I have Verizon. I added another gmail account yesterday, and somehow that wiped out my entire address book of contacts in my phone. Then, (and I don't know what I did), all my contacts from my old gmail account were synced (all 900+ of them).

I went into my gmail account and edited and deleted a bunch (down to 300+), but I don't know how to sync my new gmail contacts to my phone. Can you help?

PS: I'm assuming I lost all of my old contacts? I wasn't adding the phone numbers, emails, etc. onto gmail as I got them. I was doing it on my phone.
    12-31-09 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD