When switching devices is there any way to transfer my game progress or app settings from one device to the other. I think device switch moves the apps but they become fresh as just installed.

Is there anyway to do this?
    05-09-12 12:11 PM
    Some apps allow you to save settings, such as BeBuzz and BeWeather.
    Check for a Back Up Setting within the app.
    Can't say for games.
    05-09-12 01:26 PM
    Log into BB ID. If you have previously set it up it will change your pin info for BBm and Appworld. An added bonus is that it will restore all email addys! and transfer license info for purchased apps.
    05-09-12 02:30 PM
    Log into BB ID. If you have previously set it up it will change your pin info for BBm and Appworld. An added bonus is that it will restore all email addys! and transfer license info for purchased apps.
    Sure this works and I have copied the apps over, but for example I can't copy any game data I have from old device etc. I'm glad this is fixed with PlayBook and hopefully bb10 as well.
    05-09-12 02:44 PM
    Some apps allow you to save settings, such as BeBuzz and BeWeather.
    Check for a Back Up Setting within the app.
    Can't say for games.
    Yup. Some apps will allow you save your data to your SD card.

When you transfer phones, install the app and restore the data from your SD card.
    05-09-12 04:00 PM
    Is there anyway to do this?
    No.

Unless as said above, the app/game lets you save it to SD card or phone memory.
    05-09-12 04:07 PM
    It has to do with how each app stores data. If they write to persistent storage, they have to make the app keep the data across a device switch, which is not the default behavior.
    05-09-12 04:15 PM
    My understanding is that this works:
    Use the Desktop Manager to make a full backup of device A. Then plug in Device B and do a full restore. This will work if device A and B are the same type of device. So you can do this to switch from Playbook 16GB to Playbook 32GB, but not from Bold 9700 to Bold 9900. I think.
    05-13-12 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD