I had a BB curve, and had settings for my std. profiles.

In my editing of the profiles on my tour, i found out that you can not edit the std profiles, to change the options for vibrate. Quite annoying!
    I found that with Berrybuzz, I had set a reminder, and even on vibrate it would play the sound i had set for the reminder.
    Is there a way to have ringers set, and a reminder set with sound, that would be silenced when put into a vibrate profile? Or do i need to just use the LED and vibrate only with the reminders for berrybuzz?
    08-31-09 11:04 AM
    Try custom profiles to set up what you want (with the exception of vibe and ringtone together). You can get to custom profiles by choosing the Profiles icon, then scroll to the very bottom of the list.

On the vibe-and-ring, you have some options. If you really need it now, there are a few third-party apps available. I have BuzzMe, which does what I need it to. If you can wait for official OS5 release to come out, that has the vibe-and-ring option from what I've read/heard. Lastly, if you want to give it a shot, you can try the latest leaked version of OS5 (5.0...191) from blackberryos.

Hope that helps!
    08-31-09 12:07 PM
    I posted in the beta OS forum asking if the 5.0 is better at profile management, but got no answers.
    I think i figured out what I can do to make it all work, by using the standard profiles. It seems like the vibrate function uses the same vibrate patterns if its set to custom, as the normal profile.
    08-31-09 04:55 PM
    slightly off-topic, but does anyone know if I buy BerryBuzz can I move it to another device or is the registration code tied to the PIN?

I'll be getting my third Tour next week (trackball problems) and don't want to buy it now if I'm stuck with it on the defective unit. TIA
    09-04-09 03:33 PM
    slightly off-topic, but does anyone know if I buy BerryBuzz can I move it to another device or is the registration code tied to the PIN?

I'll be getting my third Tour next week (trackball problems) and don't want to buy it now if I'm stuck with it on the defective unit. TIA
    BerryBuzz has an activation code and is registered to your PIN.
    09-04-09 04:19 PM
    ....I found that with Berrybuzz, I had set a reminder, and even on vibrate it would play the sound i had set for the reminder. Is there a way to have ringers set, and a reminder set with sound, that would be silenced when put into a vibrate profile?
    I discovered this anomaly with profiles a while ago. If you have your profiles set to anything other than NORMAL, they won't act as designed or expected. Seems to be a 'buggy' OS thing.
    09-04-09 04:28 PM

I have switched it to 3 different Tours in the last 33 days so you do not have to buy it over and over. They have a way to do it if you know your old pin and new pin. I didn't know mine but since I bought it through BB App World I went to my downloads and when you sign it it will reappear and let you download again with a new activation code.

I found this all out the hard way. The app company will not respond to you and their troubleshooting didn't work for me since I didn't know the old pin number.
    09-04-09 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD