How well does Vlingo work with our device and is it worth the $20? It looks so awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 02:13 PM
    It is a great app if you use it. I bought it, and I hardly use it. I thought I would use it more, and I find that I have to force myself to use it.
    05-22-10 03:05 PM
    i had it for a while but i didn't use it much. i don't like that i have to hold the button down while i talk. For me that defeats the purpose of speech to text. i wanted it to use in the car. Vlingo also does text to speech now. Have tried that though. i use Drive Safe.ly for that.

05-22-10 03:09 PM
    I use for the email reading as Drivesafely did not work that well for me. I wish they would support using the bluetooth headset button instead of device button to activate speaking but still worth it...especially if you find it on sale
    05-22-10 04:40 PM
    I use Vlingo all the time. It works great on my Tour. I found that I have to speak a little slower but it's great for txting in the car. You should at least get the free version, you can't beat it for web searches and voice dialing.

05-22-10 07:45 PM
    Agreed! Try the free version first, you get a limited amount of free text messages I think. I have the full (paid) version and I had always felt it was a moral imperative to NOT ever pay for software. I use it A LOT and find it great! Only quirk I have found is that on rare occasions when I am trying to paste something into an already started message it will do a web search rather than paste. But not often. To me, its worth it and I am HIGHLY pleased with it.
    05-22-10 07:56 PM
    I love Vlingo, it works great! You do have to speak a little slower and use shorter sentences. Doing that makes it pretty accurate. It is a great alternative to texting while driving. I also use it for emails and Google searches. Well worth the $20 if you get a lot of messages while driving. You just have to be sure to turn the reader off at work or you can create an embarrassing situation for yourself.

05-22-10 08:39 PM
    Vlingo is the best for txting while driving. It gets a bit frustrating if you dont talk a bit slower as many have mentioned but if you really need to respond to a txt or email while driving it does work really well.

I thought I would use it more but it was still worth buying the app
    05-27-10 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD