Yeah, I preferred the setup of the jmirc-m (without enter). It had already everything pre-setup. Also, if you happen to press space or another key to open up the typing screen you won't be able to send it. (Weird, as you did this with the other version) You have to start typing it then the screen will pop up then you can press enter.

Thanks for the work you have put in to it so far though, don't get me wrong, I'm glad I can at least connect! :P
    Last edited by Nalinith; 02-02-10 at 09:08 AM.
    02-02-10 09:05 AM
    Thank you very much for the new OTA download. Just got my tour today (coming from a device where jmIRC worked)
    02-02-10 03:10 PM
    Okay everyone, so it was buggin me that the icon for the jmirc-m was so tiny. After talking to Frank a little bit, I was able to make a new icon for the program based off the official jmirc-m logo, and Frank compiled it into a new version. You can download this updated version by OTAing the URL -- http://www.kaediil.com/jmircm/jmircm.jad

I feel like the icon is a bit off center, and the dark green shows up as more of a gray on the blackberry, but it's still infinitely better than the little dot the application use to have.
    03-06-10 12:37 PM
    Okay everyone, so it was buggin me that the icon for the jmirc-m was so tiny. After talking to Frank a little bit, I was able to make a new icon for the program based off the official jmirc-m logo, and Frank compiled it into a new version. You can download this updated version by OTAing the URL -- http://www.kaediil.com/jmircm/jmircm.jad

I feel like the icon is a bit off center, and the dark green shows up as more of a gray on the blackberry, but it's still infinitely better than the little dot the application use to have.
    Is this for the 3G/WiFi version?
    03-06-10 02:37 PM
    Is this for the 3G/WiFi version?
    This is the non-wifi version. A separate logo was done for the wifi version, but as of yet I don't think Frank has compiled the wifi version yet. I can always email him (unless he's reading these boards, that is)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-10 03:10 PM
    I installed the "non enter" version OTA. how do i send? I hit ok and it doesnt send the msg to IRC.

Also i have the zip file of enter version. how would i install that?

(just got a BB)
    03-09-10 08:16 PM
    The non enter version sends by pressing the touchpad twice. Redownload the latest one from the post I made, which is the enter version, so have the enter key send a message.

03-09-10 09:56 PM
    This is the non-wifi version. A separate logo was done for the wifi version, but as of yet I don't think Frank has compiled the wifi version yet. I can always email him (unless he's reading these boards, that is)

I believe he already released the Wi-Fi/3G combined version. I have it running on my 8530.
    Last edited by Seven.07; 03-10-10 at 01:51 PM.
    03-10-10 01:49 PM
    Alas, not the version with the updated icon.

03-10-10 04:05 PM
    Okay everyone, so it was buggin me that the icon for the jmirc-m was so tiny. After talking to Frank a little bit, I was able to make a new icon for the program based off the official jmirc-m logo, and Frank compiled it into a new version. You can download this updated version by OTAing the URL --

This works ok on my curve 8530, i'm not sure exactly what the issue is but when trying to switch between channels and the status window is very touchy, especially with the new touchpad on the blackberry, i'll go to swipe my finger to change the chat window and it will quickly go to it then back to the status window, is their a keyboard shortcut for switching windows so I don't have to use the trackpad?

Thanks for the work on this applet, been an irc user for over 10years.
    03-14-10 08:34 PM
    ... is their a keyboard shortcut for switching windows so I don't have to use the trackpad?

Thanks for the work on this applet, been an irc user for over 10years.
    Use the del key.

03-14-10 11:07 PM
    Hi Guys,
    First of all thanks for the work on this app... I really appreciate your time and efforts. I have to ask a question. In the profile settings I dont see a place to join channels or keyed channels I only see a perform setting. Of course I can do perform /join #channel however i cant seem to make it work for multiple channels and especially some of the channels that i frequent have channel keys. Can somebody enlighten me here. I'm positive that I'm just missing something simple. I tried /join #channel key, #channel key, #channel key and that didnt work. I also tried it without the commas and that didnt work either.

Also I did find that the BETA version of JMIRC does connect using my tour now that they have a blackberry version however the connection is not nearly as stable as the non beta version that I used to have on my Curve before getting my Tour. Anyone have any experience with that?
    03-15-10 09:57 PM
    i downloaded the latest jmirc-m.jad from the above link, i setup my profile and try connecting..
    [timestamp] *** Try connect with irc.dal.net (6667)
    [timestamp] *** Disconnect from irc.dal.net: Error of connect to server... Error: net.rim.device.cldc.io.dns.DNSException: DNS error.

not sure if anyone experienced this before? and is there a fix for this? I have already input my APN correctly tho and i'm on BB 9700 (5.0.0.321), and 3G.

Any help would be appreciated.
    03-29-10 11:01 PM
    I too randomly run into disconnects that can only be solved by waiting them out or doing a battery pull from time to time. I have no clue what the solution is, and having not heard from Frank in forever, I think he's washed his hands of the app.

03-29-10 11:57 PM
    As stated, I just took some code and recompiled it. It is not my code unfortunately and I don't use it, don't even have it on my Blackberry. I have not so much washed my hands of it as just put what effort I have the time for into it right now. I can't afford to support it. I have no idea why it works for some and not for others. Sorry. The random disconnects are likely due to something on the network that is beyond my control to change anyway.

Most apps on the phone have short, bursty network traffic (browser, IM, etc.). This app is a contantly connected always up connection so if there is any hiccup on the cell network, it will disconnect and on a cell network there is much more likely to be a hiccup.

-frank
    03-30-10 08:18 AM
    I was looking at other solutions too. Mibbit loads in BOLT 2 now because of it's support of AJAX. However, after you send a message BOLT reloads the page and then mibbit wants you to reconnect. I'm going to check out other IRC AJAX clients to see if maybe their is now a browser solution for blackberry users, for those that can't get kaediil's modification client to work or have too many disconnects.
    03-30-10 01:45 PM
    ahhhh updating to 5.0.0.591 broke jmirc-m again. This is a damned nightmare!
    04-28-10 02:03 AM
    jmirc has a new beta out for blackberry devices. Supports 3G/WiFi. Works on my 8530.
    04-28-10 12:51 PM
    I have managed to get the beta working on my 9700.

http://jmirc.sf.net/beta/jmIrc.jad

from

jmIrc - Java mobile IRC-client (J2ME)
    07-21-10 05:57 PM
    I've found I have the version of Franks compile with the menu's populated in jmirc-m on my curve 8900 so plan to write out the menu structure and commands so people can re populate their jmirc-m irc clients if they so wish.

I managed to get the new 'large icon' version installed tonight and working on my new 9700 but the menu's are blank (as per Nalinith's posts a couple of months back).

Maybe Frank can be bribed with beer funds to put them back and recompile one last time for us once I have them documented.
    Last edited by scarymonster; 07-21-10 at 09:45 PM.
    07-21-10 09:41 PM
    I've found I have the version of Franks compile with the menu's populated in jmirc-m on my curve 8900 so plan to write out the menu structure and commands so people can re populate their jmirc-m irc clients if they so wish.

Can you provide the populated Menu and commands ??
    08-07-10 04:53 PM
    hi john, not forgotten, just been busy and another family member is now using the phone. They have strict instructions not to delete that install though so I will get there in the end.
    Last edited by scarymonster; 08-11-10 at 08:42 PM.
    08-11-10 08:40 PM
    Hi again, here are the menu's so far from jmirc-m 0.2.1 (Frank Hodum). I cannot get this version to connect to irc since I upgraded the phone's os so am not yet able to check out the menu's once connected (I presume there are some extra menu's then?).

Do not enter the single quote open and close ' symbols when building menu's as these are just to show me what is to be entered when building the command. Any menu selection followed with an : has a sub menu, anything without is a stand alone command.

I am not sure how much of this is going to work but have tried a few of the commands and all seems to be ok.

Menu (this is the top menu as seen when menu is selected).

Copy text:
    Favourites
    List channels:
    Other:
    Disconnect
    Exit

And a quick reference to what is below.

Message > 'Message:/message'
    Commands: > Submenu 'Commands' (multiple commands see below)
    Copy text: > Submenu 'Copy text' (multiple commands see below)
    Favourites > 'Favourites:/favourites'
    List channels: > Submenu 'List channels' (multiple commands see below)
    Other: > Submenu 'Other' (multiple commands see below)
    Disconnect > 'Disconnect'
    Exit > 'Exit'

Example: to add the Message command, bb key, menu, select Add, enter 'Message:/message' (without the single quotes), bb key, select ok.

Example: to add the Commands submenu, bb key, menu, bb key, select Submenu, enter 'Commands', bb key, select ok.

This is what is seen in the commands menu.

<<Preview
    Join the channel
    Change nick
    Open query
    Info about nick
    Reconnect
    Clear

Example: to add 'Change nick' option to commands menu.

Inside commands menu, bb key, select add, then enter 'Change nick:/nick %text(New nick,%me%)%' without the quotes, then bb key and ok.

and the same to add the rest of the commands obviously substituting the command each time with one of the below.

'Join the channel:/j %text(Channel's name)%'
    'Change nick:/nick %text(New nick,%me%)%'
    'Open query:/query %text(Query)%'
    'info about nick:/whois %text(Nick)%'
    'Reconnect:/server'
    'Clear:/clear'

Other options under 'menu', (to follow).

Copy text:

'Copy text'

(full menu to follow)

List channels:

'List channels'

(full menu to follow)

Other:

'Other'

(full menu to follow)

Disconnect

'Disconnect:/quit'

Exit
    Last edited by scarymonster; 10-03-10 at 01:08 PM.
    10-03-10 10:53 AM
173 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD