Lol. What started out as a simple typo has taken on a life of its own. everYlock

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    12-04-10 02:58 PM
    Are you messing around lol ? You just said you didn't call it 'EverLock' and then said you locked Facebook with 'EverLock'
    Your right I did that's what 20 hours of work will do I Apologize about that.
    12-04-10 03:23 PM
    Oh, no it's not a problem .I was just wondering why multiple people started calling it EverLock lol.
    12-04-10 04:22 PM
    How do I work it? I can't do anything with my phone right now. I can't even remove it because it won't connect through usb.

I'm feeling especially foolish right now because I can't open my phone and I can't find the option in my CP to change my stats to Torch. I assure you, I'm pretty sure I'm not an *****.

Edit 2: Did a battery pull while usb connected for DM to catch it before this thing kicked in.
    Last edited by Stitches11; 12-04-10 at 04:55 PM.
    12-04-10 04:42 PM
    Oh, no it's not a problem .I was just wondering why multiple people started calling it EverLock lol.
    That's Probably why I did it read it then typed it out of seeing it. But thanks for bringing it to my attention. I thought you were saying they kept calling this program Everlock. I didn't catch on to the way it was spelled.
    12-04-10 05:51 PM
    Hey, I just downloaded this and tried it out on my Torch...

I think it's a cool concept! I do however think it could use a tiny bit more room for error tho. It took me a few tries before I found out exactly where I needed to start and about where I needed to stay to complete the circle!

I'd say that with what you've already mentioned doing in a future stable release, with all the customizable options, than this app will be a hit for sure! I feel like BB Users & Abusers love their "user-defined" options! #JustSaying

Also, I checked out your EveryLock app and after I finish this post I'm gonna download it and check it out!

Oh and one last thing, if you need any BETA testers than lemme know! I've got a BB Torch (OS 6.0.0.337).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 06:00 PM
    How do I work it? I can't do anything with my phone right now. I can't even remove it because it won't connect through usb.

I'm feeling especially foolish right now because I can't open my phone and I can't find the option in my CP to change my stats to Torch. I assure you, I'm pretty sure I'm not an *****.

Edit 2: Did a battery pull while usb connected for DM to catch it before this thing kicked in.

Just check "lock keyboard" and after 10 seconds a wheel will appear. You have to move your finger in a circular motion on the progress bars from the top in a clockwise motion. Once, you have filled up the wheel the screen will unlock.
    12-04-10 06:35 PM
    Gave it a try and like it.

I have had many lock apps on my phone and always ended up disabling them all for one reason or another.

The main reason is that they don't work as well as the original lock/standby features do. But the weird thing is that where one fails the other works. So technically it should be possible to do it all in one app. There is even one lock that claims that you can't get around it by doing the usual uninstall.

Thinks such as the phones various hardware key behavior when locked (such as the mute button for media player). And even allowing something like the clock come to foreground when docked even while the lock is still enabled or will be enabled.

I don't know if its possible but would be nice if the app would just be a front end "visually" to the original lock screen and pass along the password in form of keyboard strokes to the original so you still keep the blackberry lock security but have the nice unlock of your app.

I would be more than happy to help you plan/test any features or design options if you are planning on creating a super lock app.
    12-04-10 09:10 PM
    Well, my application EveryLock is a locking app that can't be uninstalled if all the options are set. I can make it act more blackberry like.
    Last edited by shism2; 12-04-10 at 11:24 PM.
    12-04-10 11:21 PM
    Well, my application EveryLock is a locking app that can't be uninstalled if all the options are set. I can make it act more blackberry like.
    Ahh. That's where I read it. Well that's a good feature. I checked out the app and it doesn't do full device pw lock? Just the kb lock.

Will keep an eye on it?

12-05-10 12:32 AM
    Hey love the concept. Obviously, since its such an early release of the app, there are some issues. Only issue I found was accuracy. If you can fix this, this will definitely be a cool app for touchscreen bb users (especially storm users!).
    12-05-10 01:34 AM
    So, I downloaded and was playing around with your other application EveryLock (which can be found here --> EveryLock - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store ) and I like it!

But... yes there is a but lol...during playing around with it I tried locking a different "locking" application called PatternLock (which can be found here --> PatternLock - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store ) and they didn't play so nice together!

After locking PatternLock with EveryLock, I went to PatternLock to see if I could open it still or if EveryLock had locked it down. Well, EveryLock locked it down alright! But the problem is it locked my whole BlackBerry down! The two applications were constantly fighting with each other to be on top it seemed like! My screen was doing all kinds of weird sh*t!

I initially tried doing a battery pull but that was unsuccessful! The two apps were still fighting so to speak! What I ended up having to do was boot my BB in "Safe Mode" and delete the app temporarily!

So word is, don't use EveryLock to try and lock PatternLock because they don't play nice and your BlackBerry will be rendered useless!!

**Here is a video I took of the fighting in action! Link should work on BlackBerry http://bit.ly/dVAo2d **
    Last edited by Jleeblanch; 12-05-10 at 03:08 AM.
    12-05-10 01:41 AM
    So, I downloaded and was playing around with your other application EveryLock (which can be found here --> EveryLock - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store ) and I like it!

But... yes there is a but lol...during playing around with it I tried locking a different "locking" application called PatternLock (which can be found here --> PatternLock - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store ) and they didn't play so nice together!

After locking PatternLock with EveryLock, I went to PatternLock to see if I could open it still or if EveryLock had locked it down. Well, EveryLock locked it down alright! But the problem is it locked my whole BlackBerry down! The two applications were constantly fighting with each other to be on top it seemed like! My screen was doing all kinds of weird sh*t!

I initially tried doing a battery pull but that was unsuccessful! The two apps were still fighting so to speak! What I ended up having to do was boot my BB in "Safe Mode" and delete the app temporarily!

So word is, don't use EveryLock to try and lock PatternLock because they don't play nice and your BlackBerry will be rendered useless!!

**Here is a video I took of the fighting in action! Link should work on BlackBerry YouTube - EveryLock + PatternLock = BlackBerry Locked! **
    Lol. Yup, it wasn't a good idea haha.
    12-05-10 09:59 AM
    Do you have plans on updating this program?

12-07-10 11:13 PM
    Hey congrat's on your EveryLock app being featured on the CrackBerry Blogs!

As far as updating this touchscreen design he's working on, I bet he is! And I wouldn't be too surprised to see the two apps meet on common ground somewhere in the near future

But don't quote me on that! #JustSaying.

12-07-10 11:24 PM
    I hope so really enjoying this one just hoping for those new updates.

12-07-10 11:29 PM
    He's right I am working on it.
    12-08-10 12:41 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD