I'd like to get a slide-to-unlock app or a pattern-unlock app for my Torch, but I'm overwhelmed by all the choices. I was hoping CB Nation could help me out by posting which apps y'all use and why. I prefer free over paid apps, for obvious and not-so-obvious reasons, so please keep that in mind when posting your suggestions.

I apologize if this thread duplicates another. I used "search" first but didn't find what I was looking for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-12 07:26 PM
    I've used BerrySlider and PatternLock. 1 vote for PatternLock.
    Moon_Juice likes this.
    01-10-12 07:56 PM
    I used Quicklock with my former Torch 9800.
    Moon_Juice likes this.
    01-10-12 08:22 PM
    I don't see these on App World...?

01-10-12 08:27 PM
    01-10-12 09:29 PM
    That one's a pay app

01-10-12 10:02 PM
    I use AutoLock by Bulbera. It is a paid app but extremely easy to set up & use. Make sure, if you get it, that it's the one by Bulbera. There is another with the same name by a different company (Ajani Info Tech Private Limited) but their customer support is terrible!
    Moon_Juice likes this.
    01-10-12 10:17 PM
    Aren't there any good free ones at all? Or are the only decent ones payfor?

01-10-12 10:28 PM
    01-11-12 12:07 PM
    01-11-12 12:10 PM
    Patternlock is definitely one of my favorites.

I also have SliderPhoneLock which is active right now (patternlock turned off), and its definitely the best looking Lock App I've come across, but it has no password protection and no notification on the lock screen.

I used Ultimate Lock on my Storm2 and Bold 9650, really wish they would port it over for OS7, but I don't think that's going to happen sadly...
    Moon_Juice likes this.
    01-11-12 02:10 PM
    Hmm. You see what I mean about the choices. So far the only actual user "testimonials" are from users of paid apps, which does help me somewhat...but doesn't help me select a free one.

I read the reviews and I can't figure out which of the freebies has the least battery drain or causes the least amount of lag. I'd almost have to wonder if I'm just trying to pick the best of a bad lot?

How is PatternLock that it's worth paying for? I'm being serious. What do you get for your money?
    01-11-12 04:30 PM
    I use Slide2Open Pro..has custom background settings, and pass code protection.
    Moon_Juice likes this.
    01-11-12 05:01 PM
    I use Slide2Open Pro..has custom background settings, and pass code protection.
    For 99 cents I'd almost be willing to buy that app. EXCEPT...it's a JaredCo app...and those are a big no-no.

Exhibit A (and B)
    01-12-12 02:41 AM
    PatternLock is my first choice having tried quite a few of the ones available on OS7. The free version is fine. A bit basic but works well. The paid version offers a lot more flexibility in terms of locking. With a touch screen phone I cannot imagine life without this app.
    Moon_Juice likes this.
    01-12-12 11:47 AM
    PatternLock is my first choice having tried quite a few of the ones available on OS7. The free version is fine. A bit basic but works well. The paid version offers a lot more flexibility in terms of locking. With a touch screen phone I cannot imagine life without this app.
    (Edited)
    What kind of flexibility do you mean? These $0.99 and $1.99 prices aren't exactly a hardship, but what do you get that the free versions won't give you?
    Well, I found out the answer to this question...everything except the screen-locking functionality itself. The free version of Slide Lock has the most unattractive wallpaper imaginable. Every configurable feature they give you for the 1-week trial of Pro is disabled. Every configurable feature. Between not wanting to look at the fugly wallpaper, plus the usefulness of the now-crippled features, plus the fact that after all, it's only a dollar, I am legitimately tempted to actually buy the full version. Gonna test drive their other flavors first though.

This company Bulbera seems to be emerging as the leader in both free and paid screen-lock apps. It looks like a lot of the responses on this thread are their products, and they have pretty good reviews in App World. Right now I'm looking at getting either their free slide-to-unlock or the combination slide and pattern app. The only thing with the latter is some of the reviews are talking about it makes the device lag, or it eats the battery. Guess I'll have to download and see for myself.

I'm still all ears if there are more suggestions
    Last edited by Moon_Juice; 01-23-12 at 09:41 PM. Reason: new information
    01-13-12 06:20 AM
    For the time being I'm going with Slide Lock Free by Bulbera. It's pretty nice, more or less what I was looking for. Had it for a few days now. Can't quite figure out if it's contributing to accelerated battery drain or memory leak though.
    01-17-12 07:05 PM
    Bulbera.com

Find the one you like, they all work perfectly and has great customer service.
    Moon_Juice likes this.
    01-17-12 10:20 PM
    1 vote for Drag Lock
    Moon_Juice likes this.
    01-18-12 08:11 AM
    So I got the free Slide Lock by Bulbera. It's pretty much just what I was looking for. I like it so far, but we'll have to see what happens when the one-week trial for the ad-free full version expires. One thing I'm looking at though, it seems that when my screen is locked with this app my free memory drops substantially. Anyone else have this happen? Is it even this app doing that?
    01-18-12 10:18 PM
    The only real problem I had with Bulbera apps is that more often than not, after unlocking the screen, the options for the app screen would come up. It's a small thing, I know, but annoying.

Moon_Juice likes this.
    01-19-12 05:46 AM
    Actually tested out easy lock and it is hands down the best i have ever seen!
    Moon_Juice likes this.
    01-19-12 08:07 AM
    Patternlock and native password lock.
    01-19-12 06:00 PM
    The only real problem I had with Bulbera apps is that more often than not, after unlocking the screen, the options for the app screen would come up. It's a small thing, I know, but annoying.

I have this same problem.
    01-23-12 09:24 PM
    native password lock.
    What's that? And is a password set by a 3rd party app safer, more dangerous, neither, than the native password on the device?

Same question applies to pattern-unlocking, now that I think about it.
    01-23-12 09:26 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD