I found a torrent client that runs on java. Mobtorrent midlet I've managed to get it to load and create the file for downloading, however I can not get it to connect to any seeders or peers. I was wondering if anyone might have some luck.

I do not want this to turn into an ethical debate. That is for a different post
    If anyone needs they can pin me and I will send them jar/jad files for install. 21000569

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-10 03:52 PM
    This is likely because torrent clients use certain ports to connect, which obviously wouldn't be available via a cell carrier data service.... kind of like how most 3rd party IM apps must utilize port 80. You might want to try connecting to your wifi and seeing if they connect then.
    04-03-10 03:59 PM
    I don't have wifi or internet at my house. Which is why I would like to make this work.

04-03-10 04:05 PM
    In any desktop client you can specify the port. Try to see if you can change it, the default one is most likely blocked. Also, turn on encryption if its a option. Any provider will most likely block the BT protocol.

All that aside, if you do connect and download something off a public tracker, there's a high possibility of getting your service canceled if your IP gets reported by MediaDefender or the like.

04-03-10 06:17 PM
    It works for me, but not for anything over a couple hundred mbs.

04-03-10 08:32 PM
    Well I gave it a shot and I keep having to authorize everything so when I select my torrent and say yes it just fails

04-04-10 01:04 AM
    Well I gave it a shot and I keep having to authorize everything so when I select my torrent and say yes it just fails

Oh yeah. Before you start downloading, enable your firewall and give mobtorrent permission. Then you won't have to approve a million things.

04-04-10 01:16 AM
    I believe its open source. Might one with programing knowledge change the port that way?

04-04-10 08:36 AM
    It is open source. amorg.aut.bme.hu/projects/mobtorrent

04-04-10 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD