I am having new problem for the last 3 weeks. Several times a day, everything locks up and I see the small clockface. After 1-2 minutes, it goes to normal. THis happens ion almost any fuinction/mode.

I suspect an App. The main new app for me is BB Travel, which I really like. Not sure if that is it or something else, so I do not want to throw stones.

Is anyone having similar problems, and what have you added just before noticing this?
    04-28-12 05:12 PM
    all things being equal something had to change.....i mean the only way is to ucenstall one app at a time and see if it makes a difference
    04-28-12 05:39 PM
    Do you have memory cleaning scheduled?
    04-28-12 05:42 PM
    Do you have memory cleaning scheduled?
    I do it manually but memory does not seem to be an issue. When I check, there is a ton of memory available. (this is different from the old Storm freezes).
    (edit: I just checked, and Memory Clean IS enabled so it was running, idle set to 20 minutes)
    Last edited by glassofpinot; 04-28-12 at 06:00 PM.
    04-28-12 05:49 PM
    all things being equal something had to change.....i mean the only way is to uninstall one app at a time and see if it makes a difference
    You are right but I didn't want to go thru that labor intensive route if someone had ideas.
    I am home for a bit after 3 weeks of heavy traveling, so I will pull off BB travel to see what happens. It was so good I didn't want to part with it while on the road.
    Last edited by glassofpinot; 04-28-12 at 05:53 PM.
    04-28-12 05:51 PM
    I've had problems with eBay, app world, Facebook, and youmail. The phone slowed down or would stick. Got rid of eBay and youmail, reloaded FB and appworld, its all good.
    glassofpinot likes this.
    04-29-12 07:53 AM
    I've had problems with eBay, app world, Facebook, and youmail. The phone slowed down or would stick. Got rid of eBay and youmail, reloaded FB and appworld, its all good.
    Thanks christenmartin. If others post like this, I'll accumulate the feedback and maybe we can figure out something.

I'm testing a delete now - but its a slow weekend and I want to see what a busy Monday brings!
    04-29-12 10:28 PM
    I am having new problem for the last 3 weeks. Several times a day, everything locks up and I see the small clockface. After 1-2 minutes, it goes to normal. THis happens ion almost any fuinction/mode.

I suspect an App. The main new app for me is BB Travel, which I really like. Not sure if that is it or something else, so I do not want to throw stones.

Is anyone having similar problems, and what have you added just before noticing this?
    glassofpinot,
    The only issues that I had were with BB Travel and Wikitude. Since the last Wiki update, my phone seems okay so I suspect that was the one causing my issues. I only have about 10 apps installed however.
    Good luck!

BTW, this thread may help a bit. We've been trying to find out what apps were causing this problem; it may help you somewhat:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...edback-695170/

Good luck!
    Last edited by Ponyboy24; 04-30-12 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Added Link
    04-30-12 06:05 AM
    I am having new problem for the last 3 weeks. Several times a day, everything locks up and I see the small clockface. After 1-2 minutes, it goes to normal. THis happens on almost any function/mode.

I suspect an App. Is anyone having similar problems, and what have you added just before noticing this?
    UPDATE: After testing removal of BB Travel and its worldmate components, I'm still having lock up problems, so BB Travel is not the culprit (hope that I don't really need to do a double re-boot).
    So next test is Go-Go, an inflight wifi app.
    Then I have to start removing things that are not even running.
    After this test, I'll post a compiled list of y'alls ideas and results.
    05-01-12 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD