I've read that some forum users have had to remove Meterberry from their torch, because it sucked up too much battery itself when running.

Any truth to this? Fact or fiction?

I've noticed that a lot of people are using it though, and it seems like a really useful app.

Cheers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-10 12:35 PM
    It depends. With defaults for logging, not much of a drain. If you turn on all the logging and increase the frequency, yes it is of course more taxing. It also gives a more accurate reading of battery level. This can also be taxing on the battery.

11-06-10 12:41 PM
    Sooo..since we're on the topic of Meterberry, I just installed this a few days ago..and now find myself wondering exactly what is a good "discharge rate" vs a poor one. Anyone know what's good and what's not?
    11-06-10 12:44 PM
    Sooo..since we're on the topic of Meterberry, I just installed this a few days ago..and now find myself wondering exactly what is a good "discharge rate" vs a poor one. Anyone know what's good and what's not?
    I'm consistently getting between 3.5 and 5.5 % an hour drain.

11-06-10 06:45 PM
    When idle is should be less than 1%. When being used it will vary when doing various services like calls, messaging, surfing or streaming. If you like any gives load that seems to perform well, use it for each service and record the discharge rate. Combo up services as well. On the next OS you now have a benchmark...

11-06-10 07:10 PM
    My Torch needs two full charges in a busy day, in a regular day 1 full charge is enough.

The torch in the case shall spend 1-2% bat life per hour at most, with a hard use, mailing, messaging and browsing I think 7-10% per hour..
    11-06-10 08:16 PM
    Hey guys I have not issues with battery drain due to metterberry. Love the prog it provides me with ample information on the discharge rate. Really enjoy it and have not seen it affect my batteries performance.
    Forgot to add that I normally see a 3.5 to 4 flat percentage on my discharge and see avout 14 to 16 hours out of my battery.
    Last edited by dcjr99; 11-06-10 at 10:19 PM.
    11-06-10 09:56 PM
    I remember reading a thread about MeterBerry 2.5 possibly causing a battery drain, but the original poster made a correction and deduced that it was something else (can't remember what exactly) that was causing the problem. I have the latest version installed, and I don't have any issues with it.

On a side note, I hope Seidio comes out with their enhanced batteries for the Torch soon... 3G and a touchscreen is a battery killing combo.
    11-06-10 10:57 PM
    On a side note, I hope Seidio comes out with their enhanced batteries for the Torch soon... 3G and a touchscreen is a battery killing combo.
    Oh really? Are you a real heavy user because even with heavy use I can easily get about 10-12 hours..and that's would be with 3+ hours on the browser (without wifi) and a couple of hours spent on the phone..not to mention all the usual BBMs and whatnot (I'm at 17+ hours right now with moderate use)

11-06-10 11:11 PM
    Oh really? Are you a real heavy user because even with heavy use I can easily get about 10-12 hours..and that's would be with 3+ hours on the browser (without wifi) and a couple of hours spent on the phone..not to mention all the usual BBMs and whatnot (I'm at 17+ hours right now with moderate use)

I'm a heavy user when I am using it. Heh. I browse, send off texts and BBM, and listen to music through Bluetooth headsets (quite taxing on the battery). Keep in mind I'm coming from such models like the 8900 and the Storms (unlocked on a GSM carrier). That means I'm used to 2G battery life, which could easily last two days or more, especially since I can't stream any videos.

Of course, I can switch to 2G if I wanted to, but the battery lasts all day for me anyways. I just prefer to have the "peace of mind" with the improved battery.
    Last edited by Masahiro; 11-07-10 at 12:05 AM.
    11-07-10 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD