Hey guys just wanted to give you an update about tethering your torch to the iPad . Well I was having some issues using PDA net on the blackberry and tethering my torch to the iPad I kept on getting a secure connection error . Well I was playing with the blackberry setting . One of the things that guide on crackberry tells you to do is to disable dialup networking well I enabled it and I am NOT using the pda net software. As for the iPad I have ibluever installed and I am using the default set up . I am able to connect with no issues at all and it is little more quick .
    10-30-10 10:15 AM
    Can you make a quick guide?
    10-30-10 02:43 PM
    I hope this helps someone out there . i will number each step.make sure the wifi is off on your ipad

1. make sure you have an ipad that is jailbroken. limera1n

2. once jailbroken go to cydia and install app called Ibluever its a $5 app.

3. after installing the ibluever app make sure the bluetooth is off on the ipad.

4. turn on bluetooth on the blackberry torch and go to bluetooth options and
    make sure the dial up networking is enabled .

5. go to ipad and click on the Ibluever app and click ON

6. select more when that is done it will scan for bluetooth device make sure your blackberry is discoverable .

7. you will see your blackberry and click on the blue circle next to your torch you will see a few fields that you need to fill in . since i am using att here are my setting

ACCESS POINT: wap.cingular
    DIAL NUMBER: *99#
    ACCOUNT: [email protected]
    PASSWORD: CINGULAR1
    CHAT SCRIPT : DEFAULT
    AUTHENTICATION: ON
    WAIT FOR SDP: ON

8. once these are all in click on the back arrow on the top left corner of the ipad and select the device . it will start connecting give it like 5 secs and your ipad should be on .
    10-30-10 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD