Is anyone else trying out the "LifeInPocket" GPS? It just became available yesterday for the 9800 on the AppStore. I love the "cheap gas" feature & am experimenting with the navigation to see if it is a good replacement for the $10/month thing from AT&T. Anyone find bugs in it? I found a minor one so far.
    01-19-11 01:13 PM
    I don't live in the US but from the ratings, it looks like it does what it's suppose to do. Of course the UI isn't the prettiest but it looks like it does it's job. Besides, it's a free GPS application, can't argue with that.
    01-19-11 02:13 PM
    Poynt will do the same thing.
    01-19-11 02:15 PM
    I don't live in the US but from the ratings, it looks like it does what it's suppose to do. Of course the UI isn't the prettiest but it looks like it does it's job. Besides, it's a free GPS application, can't argue with that.
    Oh ****, sorry yer not in the "states." I can't believe ALL the options it offers, IF they actually work. I've been experimenting with it a few hours and found some of wat are, to me, "bugs." First, when you register it and open an account it asks for your username / password. I entered them both in lower case. The app then showed them to me with the first letter capitalized. I was left to wonder if I then had to also capitalize when i logged in? A second bug to me was that when you enter a destination address I got stuck. I clicked the 'Enter' key on my BB, the curvey arrow on the bottom right, but nothing happened. It took several minutes to figger out i was expected to hit the 'Menu' key and then choose 'Continue.' I think THAT shud be mentioned on the destination page as it is not obvious; maybe to some, but not me. I'm continuing to explore this app and hope others will talk about their experience with it!
    01-19-11 02:31 PM
    Poynt will do the same thing.
    Poynt? Hmmm. Since yer experienced with Poynt, can you d/l LifeInPocket and see if it is better? Sure cud help a lot of people here.
    01-19-11 02:33 PM
    You don't have Poynt? Its a free app that gives you the ability to search for businesses by name, type, and then with a simple click with give you phone number and you can easily get directions. It works as a reverse directory for people, you can look up gas stations and even find by gas prices. You can search for movies, events, map location and directions (with traffic), restaurants by proximity to your gps location, by name, by cuisine. It is a wonderfully integrated app that doesn't seem to have any bugs.
    01-19-11 03:36 PM
    You don't have Poynt? Its a free app that gives you the ability to search for businesses by name, type, and then with a simple click with give you phone number and you can easily get directions. It works as a reverse directory for people, you can look up gas stations and even find by gas prices. You can search for movies, events, map location and directions (with traffic), restaurants by proximity to your gps location, by name, by cuisine. It is a wonderfully integrated app that doesn't seem to have any bugs.

Hmmm, NICE! But the new "LifeInPocket" has that and several MORE things, including direct nav from one point to another like the kind you usually have to pay for. Type in a destination address and get turn by turn voice directions. LifeInPocket ALSO gives directions to the lowest gas price too. I've found a few bugs in it so far but nothing terrible.
    01-19-11 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD