Hello everyone

almost every touchscreen smartphone that i know vibrates when typing, except the torch, is there a app that makes it vibrate when typing would realy love it because i dont use the keyboard :P ****ty
    04-20-11 04:01 AM
    Don't know of one, it would be tough for an app to add that to the virtual keyboard generally; easier for an app to add it to its own keyboard.
    04-20-11 04:29 AM
    This is the main reason I don't use the virtual keyboard. Some tactile response(and an option to turn it on or off for those that don't want it) so you actually know you pressed a button would be nice.
    04-20-11 07:55 AM
    This is the main reason I don't use the virtual keyboard. Some tactile response(and an option to turn it on or off for those that don't want it) so you actually know you pressed a button would be nice.
    I don't understand why they don't add things like that as options, it's not hard. For example, I think the Storm could have been greatly improved by adding an option to have the keyboard work by touch, without having to click it.

This is a trend in software development, though -- simple, stupid, and "the designer's way" instead of configurable.
    Last edited by LSphone; 04-20-11 at 10:50 PM.
    04-20-11 10:46 PM
    well without trying i found an app that makes your keyboard vibrate when you type. it in bb app world. its called advanced calls. when you download it go to the app and under battery and keyboard enable the vibration and it will work! its amazing!!
    12-08-11 12:03 AM
    I downloaded "advanced calls" and for some reason the keyboard STILL will not vibrate...

**update
    Finally got it to work...I should have known a battery pull was the answer
    Last edited by Propa; 12-30-11 at 04:38 PM.
    12-30-11 04:26 PM
    If you could provide more info about this app or a link that would be very helpful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-12 03:00 PM
    This will not work on the 9850. Tried it.
    01-11-12 04:06 PM
    If you could provide more info about this app or a link that would be very helpful.

The app is available in Blackberry app world and has a new name. Its now called advance OS and LED. It has a lot of features.

01-11-12 04:08 PM
    Also did not work on my 9860. Doesn't seem to work on OS7 devices -- bummer.
    01-11-12 04:35 PM
    Also did not work on my 9860. Doesn't seem to work on OS7 devices -- bummer.
    Sorry but i disagree with you, it does work on all OS from 4.6.1 till Os 7.1, but if you read the help provided in my app, you would have noticed a section where it says that the feature used to vibrate keypads does not work on Storm builds (9850/60 has a storm OS as its core, it was just re-branded to Torch). so bold, curves and Torch 9800/10 all support it.

Please use the email provided in my app (Advance OS and LED) for more clarifications, we dont want people to not use this feature, since my app is the only one that provides it

Good thread, and thanks for starting it
    01-12-12 02:08 AM
    Fair enough, as no - I didn't read that, but read it elsewhere in these forums.

It's these torch/storm series' that need this feature the most, however. Bolds/Curves and 9800/10's already have or can have some sort of tactile response via the keyboard.

I'd settle for different sounds though over vibrate; e.g. clicks or clacks. How doable is that on the all-touch devices, just as restrictive as vibrate?
    01-12-12 11:08 AM
    Fair enough, as no - I didn't read that, but read it elsewhere in these forums.

It's these torch/storm series' that need this feature the most, however. Bolds/Curves and 9800/10's already have or can have some sort of tactile response via the keyboard.

I'd settle for different sounds though over vibrate; e.g. clicks or clacks. How doable is that on the all-touch devices, just as restrictive as vibrate?
    Vibrate is just the method i use to provide feedback to the user, however the engine that captures the keyboard events is not implemented in the storm series, i thought it had to do with the hardware and that it must have an actual keyboard, however even pearl models dont support the capturing engine, i guess it was RIM developers decision not to include it.

There are restrictions with the capturing engine but i managed to make it system wide

If RIM developers decided to include the keyboard capturing engine in an OS update for the storm series, then my app will just start working immediately on the virtual keyboard.

Hope this explained the current situation with the Storm & Torch 9850/60 models
    tcamshafter and Klotar like this.
    01-12-12 10:18 PM
    "Advance OS and Led" is best application of this kind i've ever seen.
    01-13-12 04:04 AM
    "Advance OS and Led" is best application of this kind i've ever seen.
    agreed.....i love this app and the maker will respond to any qusetions you have
    10+ rating on this app

thank you
    01-13-12 07:14 AM
    I have that advance OS and led app and love it. The vibrate on the virtual keyboard works great. I wish you could turn it off for the regular keyboard though.
    01-13-12 08:48 AM
    I have that advance OS and led app and love it. The vibrate on the virtual keyboard works great. I wish you could turn it off for the regular keyboard though.
    Most of the features in my app has a system wide menu (AKA global menu) that you can use to activate or deactivate specific feature from any app. Keypad vibration has one, you just need to activate the menu option from within the keypad feature, and use it whenever you want to immediately activate or deactivate the virtual keypad or the physical one
    01-13-12 09:14 AM
    Hope this explained the current situation with the Storm & Torch 9850/60 models
    Indeed it did, thanks for taking the time to explain.
    01-13-12 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD