Having got my torch on opening day in Canada, and putting it right to work, I haven't had a lot of time exploring what accessories to get, use, read the reviews, the same with apps and themes.

So far I purchased the
    Invisible Shield:
    My opinion of it isn't positive, though the shield installed very easily and the cleaning cloth was excellent, I have found a great reduction in responsiveness on the touch screen. Pinch zoom becomes cumbersome, the friction the screen protector gives really changes the experience, though I don't think I will remove it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-10 08:24 AM
    Having got my torch on opening day in Canada, and putting it right to work, I haven't had a lot of time exploring what accessories to get, use, read the reviews, the same with apps and themes.

So far I purchased the
    Invisible Shield:
    My opinion of it isn't positive, though the shield installed very easily and the cleaning cloth was excellent, I have found a great reduction in responsiveness on the touch screen. Pinch zoom becomes cumbersome, the friction the screen protector gives really changes the experience, though I don't think I will remove it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yea..judging from some of the reviews and problems stemming from a screen protector, i've opted not to use one. I'm coming from a Storm 9530, and while I used an Invisble Shield on that at one time, I eventually pulled it off and went bareback with it...with never having any issues. I keep my phone in my pockets, and never had any issues with scratching or whatnot on my screens, so I'm gonna continue to do that with my Torch.

I ordered the Torch Bedside dock charger before I got my phone, and I used it for the first time last night and love it. Since I work out of town mostly, it's like having my own little alarm clock next to me.

For apps i've got the following: Berryweather, Berrybuzz, Pinball Delux, Quicklaunch, Whatsapp, Yellowpages, Google Sync, and Airplane Mode. I've been contemplating buying the Patternlock because i've heard of people having issues with the native lock button, but I havent noticed any pocket dialing yet so i'm gonna hold out for a little bit and get a better feel for that to see if i need it or not.
    10-02-10 08:31 AM
    I would have to agree. I applied the Shield right away and am now torn on it. I think it is taking away from some of the experience and greatness of the touch screen. But until I get some sort of case I am going to leave it on. Heading downtown today to see what type of accessories I can round up.
    10-02-10 08:58 AM
    I've had mine for a week now and installed eReader and BerryBuzz. Looking at pattern lock as I've had some minor issues, though no dialing problems so far. Overall I'm very pleased with the Torch, though I just completed the upgrade to .246
    10-02-10 11:17 AM
    Torch accessories:

1) Two OEM charging pods.
    2) OEM leather holster.
    3) Jabra STONE BT earbud.

I am still using my 9700 car charger.
    10-02-10 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD