Top 40 Best Free BlackBerry Apps
    By Arnold Zafra

So you just got a new BlackBerry but don�t know what applications to install? Look no further. We have gathered 40 of the best free BlackBerry apps available anywhere and posted them below in alphabetical order. Click on the links to open the app�s download site.

Amazon Shopping Application - This app lets you shop using Amazon�s one-click ordering. Also use it to track packages, modify orders, receive personalized recommendations, view editorial and customer reviews, receive the Gold Box Deal of the Day, and access your Wish list.
    BBNotePad - If you find the default BlackBerry MemoPad a little short on features, BBNotePad offers an alternative. As a text editor, you can use it write full-length documents or code anytime, anywhere. It features three font sizes and allows you to save file as .txt, which you can open directly on any computer. It also allows you to send notes and memos using Bluetooth to other handheld devices.

BBScreenShooter - An image capture software for BlackBerry devices, this app was developed by programming a small graphical user interface, which takes advantage of JavaLoader.exe. This can be a rather complicated screen capture program. To learn how to use if efficiently, read more details about the app at the download site.

BBScreenStream - The second BlackBerry app from the developer of BBSCreenShooter allows you to constantly capture your BlackBerry�s screen and display or record it on your PC.

BeeTag � This is a 2-D barcode scanner that uses your BlackBerry�s camera to scan barcodes on almost anything, be it product brands, ads and more. After scanning the app displays product information, text and URL info for the products.

Beyond 411 � This is a fast way to look up business listings, driving directions and white pages on your BlackBerry. It also works with your BlackBerry�s GPS giving you exact details of various locations.

BlackBerry Messenger � This app allows you to stay in contact with your BlackBerry-using friends without getting charged for text messaging by your cell phone provider. It uses the BlackBerry OS�s PIN to send messages back and forth.

Bolt Browser - If you find the default BlackBerry Web browser too slow, Bolt is offering a faster alternative. This browser loads fast and utilizes similar shortcuts as the Opera Mini to scroll, zoom, and navigate through Web pages.

05-23-09 10:15 PM
    I really, really like everyTrail, I love blackberry, google maps/calendar/sync. Jewelrumble just to name a few.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 10:20 PM
    What's everyTrail and Jewelrumble?
    05-23-09 10:21 PM
    BeeTagg sucks monkey vomit. I never could get it to work with any bar code. The author of this article must not have tried these apps.

05-23-09 11:17 PM
    Twitterberry !!
    05-23-09 11:54 PM
    Seems like in a top 40 list you wouldn't want so many apps that duplicate each other...
    05-24-09 01:23 AM
    It would probably take me a really long time to type out my fav 40.

05-24-09 01:49 AM
    Id say that 10 of those 40 are decent to good.
    05-24-09 01:57 AM
    RambleIM is on there, but no BeeJiveIM? Lol.

It seems like 25-30 out of the 40 are doubles/triples.
    05-24-09 03:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD