Prime Day Deals:FireTV Stick $15 | Echo Dot $23
    Hi All,

Is there any other "today theme" or app that displays your calendar events or appointments for the next 48 hours-just like the Calendar Widget for fancy widgets. I would normally use fancy widgets, however I find it too buggy, and it won't refresh the home screen when new calendar items are entered...unless I open the app and exit, causing a manual refresh.

So until FW gets itself sorted out, I would like to find an alternative that has a similar characteristic. DeToday looked nice, but I really don't care to see what I'm doing 3 weeks from now on my today screen...the next 2 days will be just fine. The amount of entries in my calendar varies from day to day, so reducing the number of displayed events is not doable.

Although I'm a total noob to this, I did do some quick searches on the forum, but came up short. If anyone has a suggestion, workaround, or can give me a push in the right direction, I'd sure appreciate it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 07:19 PM
    Hi All,

So until FW gets itself sorted out, I would like to find an alternative that has a similar characteristic. DeToday looked nice, but I really don't care to see what I'm doing 3 weeks from now on my today screen...the next 2 days will be just fine. The amount of entries in my calendar varies from day to day, so reducing the number of displayed events is not doable.

FYI, deToday has an option to show today only, only tommorrow, next 2 days, 3 days, 4 days, etc., all the way through next 360 days.
    It's a good app!
    (And you can also choose how many total calendar entries appear on the homescreen.)
    Last edited by tellsells; 09-20-11 at 09:27 PM.
    Tiger557 likes this.
    09-20-11 07:31 PM
    Thanks a ton, Tellsells....I had only loaded the trial version of deToday...must be unlocked in the purchased version. I sure do appreciate your help!
    09-20-11 08:48 PM
    FancyWidgets works perfectly for me on my 9900. I love the better formatting of the FancyWidgets app, and that it's free if you use 2 or less widgets. You should contact the developer for support, I have had good response from him in the past to fix bugs.
    09-21-11 05:43 AM
    FancyWidgets works perfectly for me on my 9900. I love the better formatting of the FancyWidgets app, and that it's free if you use 2 or less widgets. You should contact the developer for support, I have had good response from him in the past to fix bugs.
    .. this time I have to agree with joe..

9930 - 7.0.0.XXX
    09-21-11 05:50 AM
    if RIM had its **** together for once, maybe they would have released theme builder WITH the bb7 phones. but nah thatd be way to smart of a move..its better to keep everyone waiting indefinitely..it attracts more users!
    09-21-11 10:20 AM
    its as tho RIM does one incredibly slow project at a time (reasearch in slow motion) there is literally no reason for there to not be a theme builder released with BB7 besides poor planning and/or laziness. if you have a team that built the standard bb7 theme (you know the exact same theme from os6) why cant they release the tools they did it with? obviously there are themes for os6, and since the only difference i can see is the bumped up resolution, can someone give me one reason that RIM cant get this out the door so all us loyal BB users can at least have something?? its bad enough we have almost zero application support, but you cant even give us the choice of building/using themes? sure my 9930 is sweet for bbm and facebook but too bad i cant even use any of your "big name apps" since they make it run like SH1T! i feel like im using a 250$ dumb phone and everyone mocks me for wasting my money on it.
    09-21-11 10:25 AM
    quote from my graphic design teacher "u may want to utilize high contrast images for your logos so they can be read easily on a small display since you may want to release applications for the mag you are creating so users can access them on the iphone or their android"

me: "what about blackberry?"

teacher: (laughs) who still uses a blackberry?

class: laughs

btw i go to a university in northern CA of about 7000 students. i have never seen one bb 9930 other than my own. i have seen 1 torch and a handful of curve 8330s. none of my friends even knew about the 9930 release. they all have droids and iphones. while they agree the 9930 is a nice looking handset, none of them have any intent of purchasing one, much less on a 2yr contract.
    Last edited by DarshOne; 09-21-11 at 10:32 AM.
    09-21-11 10:28 AM
    I use POCKETDAY, works perfectly on 9900 for a TODAY screen. You can have any number of tasks , calendar event, change fonts , colours etc. Integrates really well with std bb menus. Brilliant support and I think there is a trial option.

09-22-11 12:56 AM
    Yea I am using the Trial Version of Pocket Day since I just discovered it yesterday. Love the app!
    02-12-12 10:46 AM
    I have tried Detoday and found it to be an excellent app. Really helpful.

Blackberry 99xx's should have come with this feature.
    02-12-12 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD