nice app downloaded tried it out, works great except i doesnt block unknown numbers only private numbers if this is added in the future ill get it
    unknown
    private
    would be nice
    This is an important point.

What is the difference between "unknown" and "private?" These are both people who block their numbers right?

I have my call screener set to block any call that doesn't disclose their number. If you hide your number, you'll always talk to my voicemail and never to me. I do not accept hidden callers.

LOL. A week ago I was doing a favor for a friend who is out of town and showing her apartment to a prospective tenant. The prospective tenant had my number and called me numerous times to confirm our appointment. This person had her caller ID blocked and each and every one of her calls went to voicemail. She kept leaving these voicemails yet I couldn't return them because her caller ID was blocked and I didn't have her phone number. She was spitting nails when she finally showed up yelling at me because I "wouldn't answer her calls." I calmly explained that she needed to unblock her number because I do not accept blocked caller IDs. She continued to yell at me and let me know that she works as a telemarketer and always blocks her number.

I almost died laughing. She asked what I was laughing at and I said ... so if I've got this right, you get other people's numbers but they can't have yours? She said "exactly" to which I said "get used to my voicemail because as long as your caller ID is blocked, that's all you'll ever talk to if you call me."

Such irony.
    08-23-09 08:12 PM
    This is an important point.

What is the difference between "unknown" and "private?" These are both people who block their numbers right?

I have my call screener set to block any call that doesn't disclose their number. If you hide your number, you'll always talk to my voicemail and never to me. I do not accept hidden callers.

LOL. A week ago I was doing a favor for a friend who is out of town and showing her apartment to a prospective tenant. The prospective tenant had my number and called me numerous times to confirm our appointment. This person had her caller ID blocked and each and every one of her calls went to voicemail. She kept leaving these voicemails yet I couldn't return them because her caller ID was blocked and I didn't have her phone number. She was spitting nails when she finally showed up yelling at me because I "wouldn't answer her calls." I calmly explained that she needed to unblock her number because I do not accept blocked caller IDs. She continued to yell at me and let me know that she works as a telemarketer and always blocks her number.

I almost died laughing. She asked what I was laughing at and I said ... so if I've got this right, you get other people's numbers but they can't have yours? She said "exactly" to which I said "get used to my voicemail because as long as your caller ID is blocked, that's all you'll ever talk to if you call me."

Such irony.

lol, some peoples children
    08-23-09 08:45 PM
    I include in my voicemail greeting, that if their caller ID is blocked, they must dial *82 before my number, to reveal their caller ID, as my phone will not accept blocked numbers. This works if you have friends or business colleagues, or customers that have their numbers blocked by their carriers. they can add the *82 to your number in their contacts list.
    Subsequently, if you wish to block their number later, you have to add it to the "Blocked Numbers" list.

I am using the app on my Storm running OS .148 (leaked version), and it runs flawlessly. The only thing I haven't checked out yet, is the difference between 'blocked' and 'unknown' numbers.

I used *67 from my home phone, and my BB displayed "Private Number", and blocked it with the "Block Private Numbers" box checked.

I receive calls from business numbers that have their numbers blocked by the phone company, and they are always displayed as "Unknown Number", and it remains to be seen if those calls are blocked, since this version of your software has no "Block Unknown Numbers" option.

I guess I'm not sure if Call Blocker is, how would you say, 'display specific'?

The app seems to be working correctly if that is the case.
    Please consider adding the "Unknown Number" feature again if need be.

Thanks,
    Scott
    08-30-09 09:17 AM
    I purchased Call Blocker Pro. Worked Fine till I changed my Bold for the Bold2. Is there a special procedure to make this App. Work on my New Device? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    05-08-10 02:12 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD