I have completely reworked Call Blocker and come up with Call Blocker Pro!

There are some great new features, and I even opened it up to all devices with OS 4.3 and up!

New features:
    - Reworked engine for more accurate detection
    - Works for 4.3 and above
    - Can pick up and hang up, or send to voicemail
    - Privacy mode to block all calls
    - Helps set permissions by displaying when they are not set (4.6-4.7 only)

NOTE: Calls may still ring one time but generally are blocked very quickly.

To make sure it works for everyone and catches all the issues, I am having an open beta of a near final version, with the caveat that every person that downloads it has to post their thoughts here.

I want you guys to really help me make this software better!

If you have a OS 4.3-4.5 device, use this link:
    http://epicapplications.com/openbeta/CallBlocker42.jad

If you have a 4.6 or 4.7 device, use this link:
    http://epicapplications.com/openbeta/CallBlocker.jad

These links will expire very soon, so grab it now and post your thoughts!
    08-22-09 08:23 PM
    08-22-09 08:37 PM
    I just know users in the Storm forums don't always check the other, and I wanted to get this app out to as many users as possible.
    08-22-09 08:38 PM
    hey epic i posted in the other thread.
    08-22-09 08:44 PM
    Thanks Epic, I'll give it a try and post some feedback later.
    08-22-09 08:51 PM
    Thanks epic,great app like always! I love the feature to block private #'s This will help me big time. Ill let you know if I come across any weirdness.
    08-22-09 09:16 PM
    Works good for me... Would love to see the ability to block specific numbers or prefixes based on the time of day!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 09:32 PM
    OK huge error with this, My fiancee and me are on the same account. I put this app on both our phones. As soon as we both had this app dowloaded it actived call forwarding on my account to call her #!! Everytime I called my voicemail it called her. I literally called me voicemail with no problem 5 minutes before we both downloaded this. I think theres a bug if this is downloaded with multiple lines on an account.
    08-22-09 09:47 PM
    OK huge error with this, My fiancee and me are on the same account. I put this app on both our phones. As soon as we both had this app dowloaded it actived call forwarding on my account to call her #!! Everytime I called my voicemail it called her. I literally called me voicemail with no problem 5 minutes before we both downloaded this. I think theres a bug if this is downloaded with multiple lines on an account.
    That is not possible from the app. All it does is simulate pressing either SEND or END. There is no possible way it can do anything with your account like call forwarding, and there should be no issues having it on any phone, so it has nothing to do with your account. Are you sure you didn't change something else?
    08-22-09 09:49 PM
    Works great, but on my phone after a call is blocked or ignored the sending data arrow is constantly on. No big deal.
    08-22-09 10:15 PM
    I just downloaded it let you know what I think after a bit
    08-22-09 11:12 PM
    That's crazy

Government is spying on you and messed it up somehow.

TYPICAL!

:P
    08-22-09 11:14 PM
    Hey anyway to create a backup file button or something, so if I wipe my phone or lose the app or something along those lines I will still be able to retrieve all my blocked numbers?

Just a thought
    08-22-09 11:16 PM
    Works good for me... Would love to see the ability to block specific numbers or prefixes based on the time of day!

just pay your credit cards... lol i kid.
    08-22-09 11:50 PM
    I am going to be taking the link down very soon, so grab it now and get me your feedback please!
    08-23-09 12:34 AM
    Thanks to your quick help, we launched it!

Check out the thread at:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...56#post3410056

and the product at:
    Call Blocker Pro | Block your unwanted calls - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software for only $1.99!
    08-23-09 02:27 AM
    Alright. Got to play with it some.
    First: I tried the app while in vibrate only. There is a tone played when set to "send to voicemail". No tone when set to disconnect. I would like it so that there is no tone when set for voicemail option.

Second: Block all numbers and certain numbers work, but blocked calls did not work for me. It shows private but keeps on ringing.
    EDIT: it looks like I need to keep the app running in the background for it to work for any option. Is this necessary?

Third: When deleting numbers and prefixes, is there any way to be able to set it to stay on that delete screen, so in case I want to delete a few I don't have to go back and forth? While on this, similarly I would like to be able to stay on the add number and prefix screen until I have added all the numbers and prefixes I want. Like I can in call log.

Fourth: I am beta testing NotNow, and I am not sure, but I think your app might be blocking the popup I am supposed to have at the end of a call. Again, I say not sure because I don't want to delete the beta and not be able to test it further but I can't even open the app.

So that's it for now. Very nice app, small and easy to set up. My last question is whether or not it has to stay on in the background for it to work. Thanks for letting us try it out.

08-23-09 08:40 AM
    Hey Epic,
    I got a funny story for you, I saw how many people were helping you so I backed off. Then this morning I got the update email from Mobihand.
    I totally forgot that I had bought the app when you had a sale back in June.
    Last edited by shaydlife; 08-23-09 at 10:00 AM.
    08-23-09 09:58 AM
    The people who bought it directly from the epicapplications.com website still not gettin' any love.
    08-23-09 12:11 PM
    The people who bought it directly from the epicapplications.com website still not gettin' any love.
    Just hit up Epic in either a email or a pm, he'll fix it for you.
    08-23-09 12:21 PM
    Just hit up Epic in either a email or a pm, he'll fix it for you.
    Bah! I've been doing that for a few months. His reply was he was going to post it in the next few days which was a LONG time ago. If you look at the version on the epicapplications website you will see that it is lagging as far as version # goes and it been lagging for a long time.

I've communicated both through email and this forum
    08-23-09 12:57 PM
    Alright. Got to play with it some.
    First: I tried the app while in vibrate only. There is a tone played when set to "send to voicemail". No tone when set to disconnect. I would like it so that there is no tone when set for voicemail option.

Second: Block all numbers and certain numbers work, but blocked calls did not work for me. It shows private but keeps on ringing.
    EDIT: it looks like I need to keep the app running in the background for it to work for any option. Is this necessary?

Third: When deleting numbers and prefixes, is there any way to be able to set it to stay on that delete screen, so in case I want to delete a few I don't have to go back and forth? While on this, similarly I would like to be able to stay on the add number and prefix screen until I have added all the numbers and prefixes I want. Like I can in call log.

Fourth: I am beta testing NotNow, and I am not sure, but I think your app might be blocking the popup I am supposed to have at the end of a call. Again, I say not sure because I don't want to delete the beta and not be able to test it further but I can't even open the app.

So that's it for now. Very nice app, small and easy to set up. My last question is whether or not it has to stay on in the background for it to work. Thanks for letting us try it out.

Still seem to have some issues with NotNow

08-24-09 08:12 AM
    Bah! I've been doing that for a few months. His reply was he was going to post it in the next few days which was a LONG time ago. If you look at the version on the epicapplications website you will see that it is lagging as far as version # goes and it been lagging for a long time.

I've communicated both through email and this forum
    two days later so I guess I can ask again -
    Are the epicapplication purchasers going to get ignored again?
    08-25-09 04:00 PM
    two days later so I guess I can ask again -
    Are the epicapplication purchasers going to get ignored again?
    Sent you a PM and am taking care of the issue. I'm sure you can understand some of these things take time.
    08-25-09 08:51 PM
    Great app. Wish it didnt ring even that one time and also wish i could block text and mms messages
    Last edited by Jarrod117; 08-26-09 at 10:53 PM.
    08-26-09 10:47 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD