I posted this on the gmail mobile forums, but I figured to post this here too since it may be of some use to some folks

Until Google decide to implement this important feature, I've found this workaround:

1. Open an account with box.net with the same email address as the one you have configured in gmail mobile app.
    2. Save the email "[email protected]" to your gmail contact list.
    3. In the gmail mobile app, select an email with an attachment and forward it to the above address
    4. Open your mobile browser, go to m.box.net and log in
    5. Select the folder "uploads from email" - your file should now be in there!
    6. Download the file - that's it!

Blackberry users may have to use Opera Mini for this if they get the error "could not start content handler" in the blackberry browser.

Box.net also have a Blackberry launcher which makes it easy to access from your berry homescreen.

Hope this helps!
    Liron
    02-14-09 06:39 PM
    I simply just forward the Email with attachment to my BlackBerry Email account. I'm then able to download the attachment from my message box.
    Another way is to simply log into your GMaill account using Opera Mini, then download the file from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 06:34 AM
    I simply just forward the Email with attachment to my BlackBerry Email account. I'm then able to download the attachment from my message box.
    Very true.
    However my assumption was that folks using the gmail mobile app weren't using push mail or BIS (like me, since my carrier is yet to support it) - but if you are, it's of course much simpler to just forward the email to yourself
    02-15-09 07:39 AM
    this one is pretty cool
    02-18-09 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD