I REALLY want to buy the Tip Calculator that is on sale right now (mentioned in App Roundup), however, it says minimum OS 4.6 and I have 4.5. What will happen if I get it anyway? Will it just not work or will it mess up my device?

I used to have a tip calculator that was part of another phone, and I found it to be such a handy thing to have (I'm totally math challenged).

If this one, mentioned in App Roundup, will not work for me, does anyone know of one that will work for an OS of 4.5? Free would be especially nice, but if comparable to the selling price or sales price here would work too.

Thanks again. Sorry to be such a pain this morning.
    05-16-09 11:11 AM
    Well it won't mess up your device at all, it also may work. However, because it is made for a certain OS the developer may have made it so you must have the most current OS for it to work. In that case it more than likely would just error and not load. (This also could cause your phone to freeze or have to battery pull)

I'll look around for you I know there is some free ones floating around, and I can just post it back in this post.

Otherwise you could use your calculator on your phone and just take the total amount of the bill, and times it by the tip percentage you want to give. For example:

Bill is $54.83 x 15% or (.15) = $8.22

$54.83 + 8.22 = $63.05 would be your total bill.
    05-16-09 11:17 AM
    I REALLY want to buy the Tip Calculator that is on sale right now (mentioned in App Roundup), however, it says minimum OS 4.6 and I have 4.5. What will happen if I get it anyway? Will it just not work or will it mess up my device?

I used to have a tip calculator that was part of another phone, and I found it to be such a handy thing to have (I'm totally math challenged).

If this one, mentioned in App Roundup, will not work for me, does anyone know of one that will work for an OS of 4.5? Free would be especially nice, but if comparable to the selling price or sales price here would work too.

Thanks again. Sorry to be such a pain this morning.
    Check out GeoTip. Its not that flashy but it does the trick and its free. Here is the link:

Blackberry Freeware - Free Software: Blackberry Restaurant Bill and Tip Calculator

Good Luck!
    05-16-09 01:00 PM
    Check out GeoTip. Its not that flashy but it does the trick and its free. Here is the link:

Blackberry Freeware - Free Software: Blackberry Restaurant Bill and Tip Calculator

Good Luck!
    Thanks! I didn't see an OTA, and I'm not allowed to use my work computer for that kind of thing, but I totally appreciate it!
    05-16-09 06:34 PM
    Thanks! I didn't see an OTA, and I'm not allowed to use my work computer for that kind of thing, but I totally appreciate it!
    Yeah all the apps there are zipped and have to load with AppLoader. Your very welcome
    05-16-09 06:37 PM
    Well it won't mess up your device at all, it also may work. However, because it is made for a certain OS the developer may have made it so you must have the most current OS for it to work. In that case it more than likely would just error and not load. (This also could cause your phone to freeze or have to battery pull)

I'll look around for you I know there is some free ones floating around, and I can just post it back in this post.

Otherwise you could use your calculator on your phone and just take the total amount of the bill, and times it by the tip percentage you want to give. For example:

Bill is $54.83 x 15% or (.15) = $8.22

$54.83 + 8.22 = $63.05 would be your total bill.
    LOL. Thanks for doing the math. That is part of my problem, but the rest of it is, I just really love apps (and spending money on them too, it seems).

Thanks for answering my post. I have some time now to look around too. I just thought someone might know.

Again, I very much appreciate your help!
    05-16-09 06:39 PM
    See my sig for the link to FreeTips, my free tip calculator. There is an OTA link.

Many commercial apps have a free trial option so there's no risk. For the apps I sell, I specify OS 4.2 and newer even for simple apps because I don't test on older versions. If there is a free trial available for an app that you are interested in, I'm sure there's no harm giving it a try.
    05-16-09 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD