Just joined CB. I love the Times for ipad app. Does anyone know if the android version is available for BB users yet?
    I would love to find out.
    TVM
    Mossfinn
    03-06-12 10:15 AM
    Hi,
    Did you find out, please?

I'd like to know too!

Thanks
    05-24-12 02:07 AM
    Hi. It's not available officially but can be sideloaded. Its okay, but the font is too big imo and is portrait only. I'm not sure if subscriptions work as I only used the 30 day trial
    05-24-12 02:42 AM
    The only version that seems to work as a sideload on the PB is the Times phone app. The tablet app for Android (which is much better than the phone version) has been converted to bar format by a number of people but for some reason doesn't work on the PB.

The phone version doesn't work perfectly either; as with a number of ported apps the "back" key doesn't work reliably so you always find yourself having to close down the app and re-enter if you want to go back to the home page. As with the other phone versions, you don't get the crossword on the PB version.

In fact, I've found that it's more satisfactory to load the Times webpage at www.thetimes.co.uk than to try to use the sideloaded Android app.
    05-28-12 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD