Just had a very frustrating experience--missed a phone call and it actually lead to a lost sell, as someone was coming to our home to buy something from us, and they called for directions--we missed the call because our phone was on "silent" from having been in a quiet setting before, and we forgot to return it to normal.

I have looked everywhere, and I cannot find any 3rd party software which will rectify that. I used to own an old Nokia "black & white" phone, with a monochrome screen, that let you set it to vibrate but with the option of it returning to "normal" at a specific time. I need this for my 9000.

This experience has upset me so much, I may well--seriously--get some other type of phone that lets me do this if there isn't a way to do this with my 9000 via 3rd party software. I can't keep losing sales, and for the record--I find it really is downright impossible to remember to return the profile to normal myself.

Tips?
    04-18-10 02:58 PM
    Although this doesn't address your question directly, I have the same problem myself. I have stopped using silent mode and use vibrate now. That way when it's in my jacket pocket at church nobody really hears it, except my wife. Then, at home I keep my BB on a hard surface. That way if I forget to turn it back to ring and vibrate (normal), the vibrate makes enough of a racket I can usually hear it.

I will definitely follow this thread because I'd like to have a timed return-to-normal app too!

FA
    04-18-10 03:42 PM
    I think this is what we need (found after another search attempt).

BlackBerry Profiles Scheduler Version 1.3 is available! - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

From what I've seen (I read a Crackberry posting about it here) it works fine except you can't lock the keypad (which I tend to do) or put the phone in standby, or have it lockup or whatever in "holster" mode, as it has to have keystroke-sending commands available to switch. I have a holster but it doesn't have a magnetic flap-holder (which is what triggers "holster" mode) so that's fine.

At the time I'm sending this I haven't tried it, hope to update this post later when I try it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by larrytxeast; 04-18-10 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Clarification
    04-18-10 04:21 PM
    04-18-10 05:03 PM
    RingScheduler works like a champ!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-18-10 05:10 PM
    Do either of those require you to NOT "holster" your phone or have the keys locked, as is the case with the Handgo software I linked to earlier?
    04-18-10 08:52 PM
    All three of those cannot change the profile while holstered or locked. These applications use keystroke injection to change profiles, and they are limited by what the OS allows.

A workaround I have used in the past is to remove the magnet from my holsters (and I don't lock my device anyways).
    04-18-10 08:58 PM
    Do either of those require you to NOT "holster" your phone or have the keys locked, as is the case with the Handgo software I linked to earlier?
    You can set up an alert (vibrate, or sound, or LED, or all of them) if Ringscheduler is set to change profiles while it is holstered. You then take the device out of the holster and it sets the profile.
    04-18-10 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD