I was listening to pandora via headphone. been working great for a few hours. accidentally hit GV instead of G Search. white screen with tiny error message in the center, just like a few days ago when I installed GV. Had to pull the battery to get off that screen and back to normal.

no idea if Pandora being open was the reason for the GV screw up, because the other day, GV was the only app running and it still crashed.

anyone else having similar issues with GV?
    03-26-10 03:36 PM
    If you open GV, be sure to let the app load fully to 100%. If you close it or "back out of it" before the app fully loads, it will give you the 503 error and force a reboot. You probably escaped the app before it finished loading since you opened it accidentally.
    03-26-10 07:31 PM
    no issues with my GV
    03-26-10 07:48 PM
    If you open GV, be sure to let the app load fully to 100%. If you close it or "back out of it" before the app fully loads, it will give you the 503 error and force a reboot. You probably escaped the app before it finished loading since you opened it accidentally.

ok, thanks, that may have been what happened, because I did try closing it immediately.
    03-26-10 09:59 PM
    I still can't log into mine becuase it won't let me go down to the bar to enter my password

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 04:14 AM
    I still can't log into mine becuase it won't let me go down to the bar to enter my password

have u tried disabling compatibility mode yet?

I used GV successfully a few times last nite, btw.
    03-27-10 11:33 AM
    have u tried disabling compatibility mode yet?

I used GV successfully a few times last nite, btw.

Where can I try that? I didn't even know of it so no, I have not.. I'll look for it under options?

Edit: Umm I dont even see this anywhere in the app itself??
    Last edited by haywire330; 03-27-10 at 07:03 PM.
    03-27-10 07:00 PM
    Where can I try that? I didn't even know of it so no, I have not.. I'll look for it under options?

Edit: Umm I dont even see this anywhere in the app itself??
    go to home>options>applications>google voice. hit bb button and toggle the compatibility mode from that menu. voila!
    03-27-10 08:24 PM
    My GV won't let me "back" out of it or "exit" without it crashing. The only way I can close it without a battery pull is to select "sign out".

03-28-10 09:52 AM
    I just deleted GV. I called verizon to add SMS messaging (250/mo) for $5. a much simpler solution!

GV crashed again this morning when I selected "exit". piece of crap app. (it rhymes!)
    03-28-10 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD