I purchased Screenlock by Boardwalk Mobile for my Torch 9800, and it simply doesn't work as advertised.....no probem, it's 99 cents. But this is far from the first app I have purchased after seeing a rave about it on CB's home page, only to find it either doesn't work as advertised, or the company's support is either non existent or miserable.....kind of like Bellshare.....yes, I know some people say how great they are, but I have seen hundreds of posts to the contrary indicating that they never respond to any technical questions. I personally would never buy anything from them again.

I'm not sure of the monetary agreements, if any, between CB and the vendors, but of course this is capitalism, and it's great to learn about new programs.....I just think the time has come for CB to start vetting some of these programs and vendors before simply posting the BS that many of the vendors provide, and check and see if they do indeed provide support, or that the programs do in fact work as promoted. If the site has become as big as indicated, with millions of members, it's time to start investigating a little more what is recommended.

I certainly don't expect 24/7 support from vendors whose wares cost a few dollars, but if they cannot respond in a week's time, perhaps they should get out of the business. Plus, CB should check to see if there is any way on God's green earth to get at least a mailing address for these vendors, or they should be required to provide one, as I have found that despite endless 'Googling' of the vendor this info simply cannot be found. I have a collection of apps that received rave reviews only to find out they are simply science experiments bought on my dime. It's not a ton of money, I'm just tired of seeing great reviews for lousy products.
    habs_fan likes this.
    12-01-11 09:50 AM
    Sorry to hear about your experience.
    Maybe you will get better/more responses in this sub-forum.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/crackbe...ated-talk-f18/
    Hope this helps.
    rfalter likes this.
    12-01-11 10:57 AM
    Thank you for your response.....ended up hearing back from vendor Boardwalk Mobile regarding their Sliderlock program. After 10 back and forth emails, that finally admitted that though the program is 'compatible' with the Torch 9800, it isn't 100% compatible, and the main function does not work. Just posted a question on how to get a refund from BB App World.....it's not the money, just the principal of these vendors thinking we are all idiots, have no idea what we are doing, and will just suck up any losses due to their lies. It's tiring. Either they should buy current models of BB's (not my problem there as so many), and test the program on each.

Apple vets all programs to meet their standards, if it doesn't, the program doesn't get on their app store. Of course, they don't have as many models of the iPhone to deal with, RIM needs to do the same thing if they plan on growing their app store. RIM cannot allow vendor to claim compatibility without backing it up.

Sorry to hear about your experience.
    Maybe you will get better/more responses in this sub-forum.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/crackbe...ated-talk-f18/
    Hope this helps.
    12-02-11 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD