As of last Sunday, my TicketMaster (2.0) app for BlackBerry no longer connects to the servers. The app itself still loads, but I'm unable to search for or buy tickets. Two other people I know with two different devices also have the same problem.

Does anyone else have this app and this issue?

This is EXTREMELY important to me as the TM app is one of the only unique things BlackBerry has - it allows you to bypass the CAPTCHA entirely, which saves a few seconds and has meant the difference between scoring front-row seats and nosebleeds. (the iPhone/Android/etc versions of the app don't do this)

I go to 60+ concerts a year, and this app is literally the ONLY reason I still have a BlackBerry device. Even my iPhone/Android-toting friends always defend my phone choice because I score them sweet tickets to any event they want.

I know this is a beta app that hasn't been available or supported for some time. Does anyone know if this is a temporary issue or is the app finally dead?
    06-13-12 12:25 PM
    Unfortunately I think this beta app died. Too bad, because it really was a good app. I was originally taking part in the beta testing of this app, and it greatly improved over what it was when it first came out, but suddenly, and without warning, the app was no longer getting updated and couldn't be downloaded. It sounds like someone finally decided to throw the kill switch on the service, I think TicketMaster decided to stick to an HTML5 website instead of continuing coding for a separate app.
    06-13-12 02:29 PM
    So this means that the 9700 and 9780 blackberries are no longer functional with the ticketmaster software, correct ? I have an old 9700 I am considering repairing if it means the ticketmaster app will now work again. It seems not. Can someone clarify ? thanks, rob
    06-21-12 03:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD