Facebook 1.5 is useless IMO and messed up my 8900's calendar.

Fortunately I had a 3rd party app backup (which included Facebook 1.2) and reinstalled it via DM's app loader.

All is fixed now, and thought I'd upload the 1.2 alx file here for those of you wanting to downgrade.

Cheers!
    syedhaiderhshah likes this.
    04-28-09 06:12 AM
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH MY FRIEND, you saved the day!!!
    04-28-09 07:46 AM
    Thank you for putting up 1.21 because 1.5.032 screwed my calendar. I tried installing 1.2 with App Loader and it said it was successful, but the icon never showed up on my BB8330. It said the program was installed but I couldn't find it. Any ideas what happend and how to get 1.2 back on? Thanks,
    04-28-09 10:37 AM
    Could it be that this ALX file is for OS 4.6 and you're running 4.5 on the 8330?
    04-28-09 05:36 PM
    Thank you for putting up 1.21 because 1.5.032 screwed my calendar. I tried installing 1.2 with App Loader and it said it was successful, but the icon never showed up on my BB8330. It said the program was installed but I couldn't find it. Any ideas what happend and how to get 1.2 back on? Thanks,
    What the previous user said (OS incompatibility)
    Or something else

Either case, try a BP, if not then reinstall it (delete it from the phone first, then install it again) and do a BP...see if anything changes after that
    04-28-09 05:47 PM
    uhhh i see this SO often, why not go into 1.5 options and uncheck calendar and contacts! Then it wont sync anything or screw anything up.

Dont see the point in downgrading and losing new functions when you cant just turn off what you dont want.
    04-28-09 06:37 PM
    I would agree but even after downloading the 1.5 ver my calendar is still completely screwed up. I even deleted 1.5 and it is still messed up. I just want to get 1.2 for my 8330.
    04-28-09 08:49 PM
    Protip: go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services and change the Calendar service to what you had before (its most likely set on Facebook now, thats why your previous appts are messed up).

Else, restore from backup...you do have a backup, right?
    04-28-09 08:53 PM
    I finally figured out how to fix 1.5. In the BB Desktop I went into the Backup/Restore tab -> advanced and cleared the calendar entries. I synced oneway from Outlook to the Device and then downloaded the new Facebook. Now everything works including one calendar that syncs and FB 1.5.
    04-28-09 09:11 PM
    Protip: go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services and change the Calendar service to what you had before (its most likely set on Facebook now, thats why your previous appts are messed up).

Else, restore from backup...you do have a backup, right?
    I have had the same problem, but this fix did not work for me. I tried just deleting the FB CICAL but every battery pull (and other times) it shows back up. I tried going in to select default calendar in default services as you described, but my only choice is FB. I don't even have a default in the pull down, only FB is listed. What gives?

And BTW, I do have the option in FB UNchecked to sync with calendar and contacts. It doesn't matter, it still send the service book.

I also tried to edit FB program permissions, but it won't let you. So I tried to uninstall, re-download FB editing the permissions before download (because apparently that's the only way you can do it) and I set Organizer Data to Deny. Still no dice. Da*m service book comes back anyway.

Am I missing something really obvious here???

I feel like I'm going nuts!
    04-28-09 09:20 PM
    Thats weird man!

Speaking of service books, I havent checked on mine, but is there a separate service book for the FB Calendar? If so try deleting that service book, doing a bp, and setting the default services again.

I should mention though, thats the fix that I saw other people use. I didn't need it since I only had 4 or 5 appointments that were screwed with so I just reentered those quickly....easier than going through that hassle
    04-28-09 10:13 PM
    I have had the same issue as iamjewels19. I delete the Facebook service book but every time I reboot (which is often right now as I'm helping beta test a new app that requires reboot every time I load a new version) - it comes right back and screws up my calendar again!

Yes, I have the setting correct within Facebook (everything unchecked!) and I have the default services set correctly, etc. It doesn't seem to matter. I went back to Facebook version 1.2 but have seriously considered deleting it completely after all the hassles it's caused me! :-)
    04-29-09 04:34 PM
    Anyone had any problems going back to 1.2?

1.5 screwed up my calendar and gmail sync. So I removed 1.5, removed Google Sync, deleted my entire calendar entries via DM, removed my gmail and facebook calendar services...

Re-installed Google Sync and that works great now.

I downloaded the 1.2 files posted here and they seem to have installed fine. I see the Facebook modules listed in my Applications, but have no icon for it anywhere. I made sure to "Show All", and I do not have any folders where it could be hidden.

I've just removed the 1.2 files and performed a backup of everything in a working state without Facebook. Any suggestions?
    04-30-09 02:39 PM
    Hrrmm.. disregard my last post. I still couldn't get 1.2 to show up... so I deleted Facebook completely, and installed 1.5 from scratch. This time it created a Facebook calendar entry, but did no mess up my Google Sync at all. It's working perfectly fine. Odd...
    04-30-09 03:20 PM
    i thought having facebook 1.5 would be nice, but it actually slowed down my bb
    04-30-09 07:46 PM
    I know stupid question, but how do I load the zip file through desktop manager?
    05-07-09 11:41 AM
    I loaded v1.5 and could never find the icon, I spend days doing service book reset, reregistered, updated version, pulled battery a million times, deleted, reinstalled, etc, etc, etc.
    Then I fainlly gave up and deleted and loaded this older version. GUESS WHAT???
    Same thing now, I can not find the icon. Please help.....
    05-07-09 11:56 AM
    Anyone have a copy of Facebook 1.2 for OS 4.3?
    Last edited by brose; 05-07-09 at 01:13 PM.
    05-07-09 01:06 PM
    did you happen to have a copy of Vlingo 2.5(i think) backed up? Thanks in advance
    05-08-09 01:13 AM

Fortunately I had a 3rd party app backup (which included Facebook 1.2) and reinstalled it via DM's app loader.

All is fixed now, and thought I'd upload the 1.2 alx file here for those of you wanting to downgrade.

Cheers!

Thank you so much for saving this alx for us!!!
    It really made my day i was going nuts with the version 1.5, this one works just perfect!!
    Thank you so much!!! =)
    05-08-09 08:34 AM
    Can not beleive this deleted v1.5, installed older version and it is doing the same thing.

I have since installed ubbertweeter with no problems at all..perfect.

How do I solve this BS FB issue? I see it in applications but can not find icon. I have done all the service books, upgrades, baterry pulling, on and off, right leg in right leg out and still NOTHING.....
    05-08-09 05:09 PM
    Guy thanks alot. God bless u!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-10-09 07:07 AM
    Thanks for the version. I've been looking forever!
    05-19-09 09:43 AM

Cheers!
    Hi, how do I download the alx file on my BB to get 1.2?

Many thanks!
    05-19-09 01:58 PM
    Can not beleive this deleted v1.5, installed older version and it is doing the same thing.

I have since installed ubbertweeter with no problems at all..perfect.

How do I solve this BS FB issue? I see it in applications but can not find icon. I have done all the service books, upgrades, baterry pulling, on and off, right leg in right leg out and still NOTHING.....

I'm having the same problem. Did you figure it out?
    05-19-09 02:40 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD