...your Facebook and Twitter apps for blackberry?

Is there any reason to keep these 2 on my Berry?
    05-13-10 03:00 PM
    I use the standalone FB app still because it provides you with a few more options than SS right now. As far as Twitter, I'm all in through SS so no standalone Twitter app for me.
    05-13-10 03:09 PM
    SocialScope doesn't have push notifications for Facebook, which is a major drawback. Also it doesn't handle profiles well into the interface, too much clicking around. For Foursquare, the official app has a lot more features. I also prefer the layout and look of the official Twitter app.

Yea, so I am deleting SocialScope until they catch up.
    05-13-10 03:15 PM
    i only keep fb app around for push notifications and the twitter app around for push dm.

otherwise everything else is ss.

unlike the poster above, i personally think the fb app is crap.
    05-13-10 03:20 PM
    so far i'm not impressed with ss and may delete it, still debating on that issue right now. it has to come further way more before i'd start using it. i use ubertwitter and like that a helluva lot better as well as the main 4sq app. i dont use fb so have no input on that
    05-13-10 03:22 PM
    Deleted my fb. For me I get ss notifications faster than fb and its annoying to have both.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 04:05 PM
    Until SS integrates Twitlonger and brings up names when you enter @, I'll be sticking with Ubertwitter and the FB app.
    05-13-10 05:00 PM
    social scope does bring up names when you hit @ but only when composing a new tweet or msg
    05-13-10 05:03 PM
    Keeping FB, UB, and BB TWITTER APPS on my BB for now. I'm not logging into any of them. Using SS for now. I like that I can update FB Fan Pages with SS which you can't do with the BB FB App. SS needs to fix the problem with uploading pictures to FB and also more notification options, but I'm trying it for now and keeping the other apps loaded.
    05-13-10 05:12 PM
    i deleted the fb app o hope socialscope can add just a few more features then i will be completely satisfied
    05-13-10 06:34 PM
    If the new Ubertwitter is what I hope it to be, I may go back to the FB app and UT. Hard to say, some do this, some do that, it's just a matter of which does what I need.
    05-13-10 06:45 PM
    i deleted twitter apps..considering to delete FB app
    05-13-10 07:31 PM
    i only keep fb app around for push notifications and the twitter app around for push dm.

otherwise everything else is ss.

unlike the poster above, i personally think the fb app is crap.
    if all that you want is push dms, u can just set up Twitter through mobile and set it to only alert for DMs, which is how mine is....

i only keep the FB app for the same reason though, the push notifications..... i also still have UberTwitter though, because i get some pretty bad memory loss in leaving SocialScope open for long periods of time....
    05-13-10 08:27 PM
    I use it for facebook only. Still use uber for twitter cuz of some settings I like. Twitlonger, fonts, font size, ect

05-13-10 09:37 PM
    SS only now that it can upload FB pics. Dumped the FB app real quick-like, and my 9700 runs better now, overall.

05-13-10 09:44 PM
    I deleted FB and all other Twitterapps besides UT (one for reserve;-9) while using SS.108 ;-)
    and of course SS has push-signals for DM and mentions (a litle sign on the right corner on top)
    Still some room for getting better in FB with ss; really some clicking arround to get where you want to at FB ;-)
    05-14-10 03:44 AM
    Actually I recently switched from SS to the Twitter and Foursquare apps (I hate the Facebook app and just use the mobile web site). Basically I installed one of the updates (.104 or .105 I think) and on reboot, my Berry gave me the fun flashing-red-LED thing - had to yank the battery for a few seconds which was a PITA. May not have been the update but better safe.

05-14-10 09:40 AM
    I still keep the FB app for direct messages, event invites, and contact photos. I keep the FSQ app for adding friends.

05-14-10 11:06 AM
    I deleted ubertwitter and the crappy bb facebook app, but now socialscope has stopped showing my friends status updates. When I click on the facebook thing in ss, it only shows me recent notifications (like status comments) but it won't show me any of my friends statuses.

05-14-10 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD